PDA

View Full Version : MUFON Executive Director attempts to unite Europe with America in talks this weekend

newyorklily
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
From Roger Marsh's article: http://www.examiner.com/article/mufon-international-expansion-culminates-paris-meetings

"A series of meetings in France on January 11, 2013, tops off a year-long push for more international organization and members for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON (http://mufon.com/)).
MUFON Executive Director David MacDonald left his Cincinnati headquarters January 9 with a plan to arrive in Paris today. MUFON is the world's largest and most organized UFO study organization.
"We now have National Directors, Regional Directors, Field Investigators and general members in 39 countries," MacDonald said. "In 19 of those countries we have National Directors with fully organized, fully functional MUFON chapters encompassing a devout following of UFO enthusiasts numbering into the five figure range. Europe and South America are fully engaged in this effort."
MacDonald described the Paris meeting as one of the most prestigious conclaves of UFO Directors in the history of Ufology."

I would like to know what people here think about this. Do you think it will help ufology in general?

Is anyone here going to the meetings? If you are, please let us know how it is going.

Doc
01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
"Do you think it will help ufology in general?"

I think it will depend on who coordinates activity and communication and how committed the participating individuals and organizations are.

Dragonfire
01-11-2013, 01:49 AM
I also think it will depend on what MUFON does with the data. If they do like they do here, it may not go over too well there.

I have not gone to any meetings. I haven't heard of any close to me either. Doesn't seem to be published in the public domain anywhere.

earthman
01-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Go ask the person on the street, "have you heard of MUFON?". Most all will say, "Who?? O, you mean the ufo folks ran by the guy with the beard". Meaning Stanton. Then they laugh and say he is a kook. That's what most think of mufon and Stanton. Mufon lost all my respect with the sell out to Bigelow and that whole mess. They have went through millions of dollors of member funds over the years only to line exec's pockets and we got nothing in return, NOTHING. Only laugh's from the general public. Bet that trip to Paris sure cost a bit. No one or any ORG will ever make a differance in this field. It's up to the world's governments to let the cat out of the bag, or them out there to just land at a walmart and say take me to your manager, lol. How long has Stanton been yellin from the roof tops on this and got nowhere. This trip will do no good, waste of money.

CasperParks
01-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Disclosure is coming, between now somewhere in the 2020’s.

newyorklily
01-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Here is a video of some of the meetings. I haven't watched it yet. Many thanks to John Tomlinson for posting this on the MUFON STAR Team Facebook page.

http://youtu.be/T_PEZlYePDY

IsaacKoi
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
I would like to know what people here think about this. Do you think it will help ufology in general?

Seeking to improve communication between researchers and investigators around the world can only help ufology. Anything that reduces the amount of time wasted reinventing the wheel within ufology, or reduces the fragmentation that results in different people having different pieces of a rather complex jigsaw, is to be welcomed.

I hope that MUFON's efforts to improve communication result in MUFON being more proactive about sharing material.

For example, I've been seeking for over a year to find out from MUFON what material it has already scanned as part of its "Pandora Project".

I've read an article by Mike Swords in the MUFON Journal which suggested that at least some university files were scanned as part of the project - but I'm not clear as to which archives were covered. In the July 2008 MUFON Journal, Robert Powell wrote that he and Professor Mike Swords had digitally photographed 1,200 pages of material from the files of Roy Craig (as you know, a member of the historically significant Condon study) at the Texas A&M University and that "an electronic copy will be made which will be available in the Pandora Project files". The MUFON website also implied that case files on some of the classic cases (e.g. the Cash/Landrum case) were scanned. In a similar vein, James Carrion wrote in the MUFON Journal in August 2007 that he he was "going through the Edward Ruppelt files which MUFON now has in its possession for scanning as part of the Pandora Project". Brad Sparks and Barry Greenwood's paper in the MUFON Symposium Proceedings for 2007 states that Bob Pratt's "notes, tapes and transcripts" was digitized "in the new MUFON Project Pandora in early 2007".

I've uploaded to a free file storage website a few snippets from various MUFON publications which have referred to that project:
http://isaackoi.minus.com/mcZIh4J4fzFVG

One of my various requests for information about the Pandora Project was posted on MUFON's forum in September 2011 (and I've made repeated efforts to obtain information from various MUFON officials since then, including on the MUFON Star Team page on Facebook):
http://mutualufonetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=suggestion&action=display&thread=132

Doc
02-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Isaac: What responses, if any, have you been getting to your requests to MUFON?

Doc
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Disclosure is coming, between now somewhere in the 2020’s.

Alas, I was saying something just like that around 1981... :(

IsaacKoi
02-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Isaac: What responses, if any, have you been getting to your requests to MUFON?

Generally very polite and telling me that answers will be forthcoming and/or the material will be put on the MUFON website. I've had similar answers in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

I still don't know exactly what material has been scanned. It's a bit frustrating since it means that I don't know if I'm wasting my time on various projects which may have been covered by MUFON several years ago...

Doc
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Generally very polite and telling me that answers will be forthcoming and/or the material will be put on the MUFON website. I've had similar answers in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

I still don't know exactly what material has been scanned. It's a bit frustrating since it means that I don't know if I'm wasting my time on various projects which may have been covered by MUFON several years ago...

In my limited experience with them, information exchange only goes in one direction.

Garuda
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
In my limited experience with them, information exchange only goes in one direction.

I had been thinking the exact same thing...

CasperParks
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Not having faith much in that outcome, as well.

majicbar
02-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Not having faith much in that outcome, as well.

If the CIA has compromised almost all newspapers and all other media outlets, and it is said that is true, then, why not the CIA also penetrating MUFON? It appears that NICAP was taken over before it was destroyed: if MUFON is an effective source of gathering UFO information then it too should have become a CIA target, and that then explains a lot does it not?

IsaacKoi
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
why not the CIA also penetrating MUFON?

As with several other UFO groups (not to mention UFO websites), it is fairly easy to find some links between MUFON and people that worked for various intelligence/military agencies.

That doesn't prove that those people are responsible for the limited sharing of information and resources by some UFO groups or the related issue of the amount of the time wasted by ufo researchers reinventing the wheel.