PDA

View Full Version : DIA FOIA logs publically viewable when they should not be ...

DeepCut
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
The Defense Intelligence Agency FOIA request logs for 2004 (i haven't tried other years) are viewable by the public.

They should not be, since they provide the full name of the requester, which should remain private.

If you use this search in Google :

site:dia.mil foia log

Most of the results are viewable.

For some reason, the 2004 log results in an empty 6MB PDF file, but if you use Google's quick view then you can view it.

Perhaps one of you American chaps should inform your glorious leaders that they are leaking private citizen's information, or is this the way it's meant to be ?

DC.

majicbar
03-08-2013, 05:00 AM
The only element disclosed is the name, which is useless without other information to help disclose the actual requester. In my city with a metro population around 2 million I am often confused with another two individuals with the same name. Country wide there are many, many more. Actually a name is a number by another name. Were they disclosing addresses then that would be another matter all together.

DeepCut
03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Good point.

Doc
03-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Good point.

You raised a good point, as well. Another illustration of the Digital Age and its effect upon storage and transmission of information. Any presumption that information will be kept confidential as promised by government or anyone else--well, that promise is not likely to have much worth over time. Large blocks of digitized information are coming and going so fast that nobody could possibly hope to maintain control over it. Also, hackers have proven over and over that "anything locked can be unlocked."