PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of UFOlogy

Castael
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Has anyone here ever read this article by the late Manly Hall, noted occult writer and Freemason?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bb/book_eight08.htm

The article was written in 1950. It's interesting that he considers exactly 3 theories regarding the nature of UFOs:

1. The psychological hypothesis: They're the result of sensory illusions, perceptual mistakes, hysteria;
2. The ET hypothesis: They're spacecraft from an advanced extraterrestrial civilization;
3 The "Area 51" type hypothesis: They're secret military devices.

Hall rejects #2 and assumes that all sightings are either #1 or #3. What interests me are the theories he never considers at all:

4. The hoax hypothesis: Someone is faking something for some reason. He even discusses stage magic but doesn't really connect the dots.
5. The living organism hypothesis: They're an unknown life form, perhaps native to earth's atmosphere or near-earth space;
6. The atmospheric / energetic hypothesis: They're an unknown type of atmospheric or energetic phenomenon, like ball lightning;
7. The time-travel hypothesis: They're time machines, and their occupants are our own descendants;
8. The cryptoterrestrial hypothesis: They're craft manned by an unknown intelligent species native to this planet;
9. The ultraterrestrial hypothesis: They're craft manned by an unknown species from another universe or dimension;
10. The unconscious projection hypothesis: They're a tangible projection of the collective unconscious mind;
11. The paranormal hypothesis: They're demonic and/or the result of ritual magick.

I'm sure there are many others I haven't thought of at the moment. In some cases, I'm not surprised he doesn't mention a particular theory. For example, #10 was first suggested by Carl Jung in the late 50s, after Hall's article was written. But none of the others were beyond his scope. For example, with his vast knowledge of the occult, you'd think he would have mentioned #11, but he doesn't. #5, #7, and #9 had all (I'm pretty sure) been used in science fiction by 1950. Even #8 wasn't a stretch, given the so-called "Shaver Mystery" of the 1940s ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver#The_Shaver_Mystery. #4 I already addressed and #6 seems so obvious that it needs no elaboration.

My point is not that people of the 1950s were ignorant, by any means. It's simply to marvel at how much the whole field of UFOlogy has evolved since 1950. It brings up two questions in my mind:

I. Given all that's been proposed over the last 60 years, what new theories will bubble up in the next 60 years, that we can't even imagine right now?

II. Is the continuing discussion ... the seemingly never-ending debate ... the purpose of UFOs? In other words, do they pop in and out of our reality for the express purpose of making us spin theories and engage in debates like the ones on this board? If so, to what end? I think this is what Jacques Vallee is getting at when he calls them a "control system." I think this is also what Dan Mitchell always referred to as the "mystique" that draws us to UFOs like iron filings to a magnet.

What do you think?

Doc
03-16-2013, 05:38 AM
I think along the same lines of the several philosopher's who maintain that people have a longing for the "ineffable" or the "other"; that which lies beyond what we know. A simpler way of saying it is that we need mystery and things to wonder about. Some wonder about this. Some wonder about God and Salvation. Some always want to know what is over the next hill.

lycaeus
07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Maybe Manly is not mentioning some things on purpose. His lecture on 'Unseen Things In The Universe' didn't mention anything about angels demons, secret technology or aliens, which you'd think he'd know something about given his occult knowledge. He basically said all the unseen things are inside you, your unconscious. That's true in a sense though I think I remember him spinning it in a certain way. Though I still benefitted from listening to his lectures.

Fritx Springmeier talked about him and he knows a lot about the Illuminati. His books are well researched. Here are some relevant excerpts:

Manly P. Hall (an
Illuminati Theta Programmer, and at least a Grand Master within
the Illuminati who sat on the Grand Druid Council.)

Illuminati
programmer Manly P. Hall wrote in his classic book The Secret
Teachings of all Ages on page CVI, (programmer equals mind-controller)

One of the most skilled programmers of Astral Projection is the Programmer B.
Bowers. He is known nationally for this skill. He worked with the famous Manly
P. Hall, who also had a reputation in the Illuminati for Astral Projection. Astral
projection is accomplished by a focused trance where the spirit by demonic power
leaves the body and travels to a particular point. Grand Masters within the
Illuminati can give lessons to students on the astral plane.

Much of their Illuminati occult learning, according to some Illuminati slaves was
done on the astral plane. We will discuss several methods on how this is done.

When Freemasonry’s greatest
philosopher/Illuminati Mind-control Programmer/Grand Druid
Council member Manly P. Hall wrote Cabalistic Keys to the Lord’s
Prayer (Los Angeles, CA: The Philosophical Research Society,
1964, p. 10) he wrote "Saturn = Hallowed be thy name.
(source (http://www.emhdf.com/Monarch-mind-control.pdf))

So my guess here is that he might have known more than he was saying but maybe not. If he's in to mind-controlling people like Fritz says then he might be leaving certain things out on purpose trying to sway people's thoughts maybe.

I've always been intrigued by mysteries like ufos. I don't know what future beliefs will be on them but I hope the truth is revealed and understood.