PDA

View Full Version : New Earth like Planet?

Dragonfire
12-06-2011, 01:27 AM
A 'Major Milestone' in search for Earth's twin
NASA's Kepler telescope confirms first alien planet found in habitable zone

Check it out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45554617/ns/technology_and_science-space/

calikid
12-06-2011, 04:08 AM
A planet not so close to the sun/star that it is roasting.
Not to far so it is frozen solid.

Goldie Locks zone.... just right, may even have liquid water.

Have we found ET's home?

Redbone
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone else noticed the sudden interest in proving life exist beyond Earth? Is it just me are does it seem that all of a sudden NASA has this Alien bug up thier collective keysters. The good news?....There are other Earths out there......bad news?....it is 600million light years away. Don't think Virgin Galactic is selling tickets just yet:biggrin2:

Chris
12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Anyone else noticed the sudden interest in proving life exist beyond Earth? Is it just me are does it seem that all of a sudden NASA has this Alien bug up thier collective keysters. The good news?....There are other Earths out there......bad news?....it is 600million light years away. Don't think Virgin Galactic is selling tickets just yet:biggrin2:

One thought is that given the unwillingness for the US govt to admit anything that they will continue down this path of offering up definitive proof of a civilization being discovered on one of these exo-planets.

Nighthawk
12-07-2011, 02:30 AM

It's funny you mention Virgin Galactic because when I first heard about them doing civilian space flights it made me think that maybe just maybe the Government are allowing this so that the people that go on them trips will one day see for themselves while up there what else is out there and it will be announced as definitive proof, the first of it's kind, while in reality they knew all along but instead of them telling us they will just do it in that kind of way!

Probably wishful thinking but this is a possibility. ;)

Redbone
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
One thought is that given the unwillingness for the US govt to admit anything that they will continue down this path of offering up definitive proof of a civilization being discovered on one of these exo-planets.

Kinda my point. After 60 years of covering up and intimidation....The US Gov't cannot just come out and admit what they have been hiding. Too many laws have been broken and too many backsides to protect. So what is the solution? I think what we are witnessing is a slow indoctrination of the masses to the fact....We are not alone!! It'll begin with microbial life. The World will celebrate the greatest discovery in Human History......then when everyone is use to the idea......our Gov't will say, "Oh bye the way, we found this flying thingy!":angel_not:

Redbone
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
It's funny you mention Virgin Galactic because when I first heard about them doing civilian space flights it made me think that maybe just maybe the Government are allowing this so that the people that go on them trips will one day see for themselves while up there what else is out there and it will be announced as definitive proof, the first of it's kind, while in reality they knew all along but instead of them telling us they will just do it in that kind of way!

Probably wishful thinking but this is a possibility. ;)

I think you are closer to being right than you realize. The US Gov't has backed itself into a corner. There is no easy way for them to finally come forward. Obama is not going to call a press conference and disclose anything. Disclosure will come from the private sector acting as a willing or unwilling prozy.

rdunk
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
I think you are closer to being right than you realize. The US Gov't has backed itself into a corner. There is no easy way for them to finally come forward. Obama is not going to call a press conference and disclose anything. Disclosure will come from the private sector acting as a willing or unwilling prozy.
.................................................. .................................................. .......................................
I agree, the private sector would be a good "pigeon" to come public with "new & definitive UFO/ET/Planetary information. But I also believe that any "current" discoveries by a Mars type Rover, or the Mars Obiter Cameras would make for a similar pigeon, to assume the role of the "new discoverer" for the government. "New discoveries" would mean they just don't have to dredge up the old stuff, and can leave it buried - but would always be at the mercy of "whistle blowers", if historical findings are left unsaid.

Redbone
12-07-2011, 09:39 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .......................................
I agree, the private sector would be a good "pigeon" to come public with "new & definitive UFO/ET/Planetary information. But I also believe that any "current" discoveries by a Mars type Rover, or the Mars Obiter Cameras would make for a similar pigeon, to assume the role of the "new discoverer" for the government. "New discoveries" would mean they just don't have to dredge up the old stuff, and can leave it buried - but would always be at the mercy of "whistle blowers", if historical findings are left unsaid.

If NASA were to announce on the 6:30pm evening news with Brian Williams......that Curiosity has discovered life on Mars......most people will look up from their dinner and go "Oh WOW!" Then finish eating and go about their business as usual. Mainstream Media will give us whatever watered down version of events that Big Brother wants us to hear. All the Talking Heads will try to convince themselves they were right all along and legs will tingle at MSNBC. But we still will not know what crashed at Roswell, NM. What it will do however is make it easier for whistleblowers to get someones ear and maybe, just maybe then we can get to the nitty gritty of the matter. We can only hope!

G2v[12]
12-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Anyone else noticed the sudden interest in proving life exist beyond Earth? Is it just me are does it seem that all of a sudden NASA has this Alien bug up their collective keysters. The good news?....There are other Earths out there......bad news?....it is 600million light years away. Don't think Virgin Galactic is selling tickets just yet:biggrin2:

I think the interest has always been there. Folks have been postulating about extraterrestrial life for literally thousands of years. What's different in the 21st century is that we finally have the right technology, with instruments sensitive enough to see subtle energy fluctuations. With the international community involved in their own space programs, it's really exciting to consider what China, Japan and Eastern countries will develop in the way of high orbit radio and infrared satellites.