PDA

View Full Version : Jets Just Ripped Out Of Here

southerncross
05-17-2013, 03:38 AM
One or two jets just ripped out of NAS in FtWorth. (9:15 pm)
I say one or two as I thought I heard two take offs but only saw one jet
They usually are so careful to climb fast and not disturb residences, but tonight they remained low and its a clear calm night. They did the same thing when there were the sightings at Stephenville. Only then there were 3 with afterburners on. No after burners this time.

Does anyone have any contacts there to find out if any sightings have occurred ?
I tried Angelia Joiner but her email has been closed. thnx

CasperParks
05-17-2013, 04:43 AM
They usually are so careful to climb fast and not disturb residences, but tonight they remained low and its a clear calm night. They did the same thing when there were the sightings at Stephenville. Only then there were 3 with afterburners on. No after burners this time.

Does anyone have any contacts there to find out if any sightings have occurred ?

Will be interesting to see if there are any sightings.

atmjjc
05-17-2013, 05:26 AM
We had all kinds of fighter jets flying around here at Luke AFB last week here in Arizona.

We were told in advance not to worry that it was not an invasion but some type of drill going on. Glimpsing those afterburners at night is such a beautiful sight.

A lot of people in the area complain because of the noise but every time I see those F16 flying in formation it sends goosebumps thru my bod.

majicbar
05-17-2013, 07:32 AM
We had all kinds of fighter jets flying around here at Luke AFB last week here in Arizona.

We were told in advance not to worry that it was not an invasion but some type of drill going on. Glimpsing those afterburners at night is such a beautiful sight.

A lot of people in the area complain because of the noise but every time I see those F16 flying in formation it sends goosebumps thru my bod.

With the sequester and the cut-backs that has meant for flying hours this is an obvious lie, all drills have been cancelled. Red Flag and various other drills and competitions have been cancelled all over the country, so I do not see how this "drill" evaded the cutbacks. On the other hand, Peter Davenport was on Coast to Coast and saying the number of UFO reports of red and orange fireballs and triangles are through the roof. It is far more likely that genuine UFOs are the target of these fighters.

I agree watching the F-16 going up of full afterburner is an inspiring sight. After 9/11 we had fighter cover continually from MSP. One night a pair of F-16's were sent up on patrol with thunderstorms in the area. These two F-16's were heard to light up their afterburners, scream down the runway and went vertically right up the center of a smaller storm cell, lighting it up from the inside, popping out about 20,000 feet through the top of the storm cloud. I've always thought they must have yelled a loud "WHOOP" once they came out of that cloud, It was beautiful.

atmjjc
05-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Actually the drill is to take place on May 22, It's the 56th fighter wing.

Luke AFB is the training area for fighters and we have jets up in the skies around here almost on a daily basis. It is not uncommon to see 4 to 8 fighter jets flying in formation at any given time out here. Our skies in AZ are filled with all kinds of flying objects from military to civilian.

What is really weird is those jets are loud but trying to see them by sound is folly. Once you think you know where their at by sound they have already passed you.

Sequester...what sequester? Here is the link.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_46520230-bd70-11e2-bc9f-001a4bcf887a.html

southerncross
05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I've lived around these birds for 60 years. I am used to their sounds, appearance, and habits.
NASFW is very courteous to residents and 99% of the time take off and lift at a steep angle to avoid the noise to homes and businesses. We have had no notice as to scheduled drills.
Last night, a 9:15 take off, was unusual in its altitude. Granted it headed SW and not only is Stephenville in that direction but so is the MOA near the Bush Ranch. My last observation of the jet is it was headed due SW.

In the Oct 2008 sighting, 3 jets were scrambled and they took off in identical fashion to last night. One continued due south and two banked SW. They had afterburners on and it was late sunset. Very beautiful to see.
Last night was very unusual. One jet, late for their habits, very low. I am 5 mi from the end of the runway in a bedroom community on the outskirts of the city. I'm very familiar with the sound as it relates to altitude. I had a visual on this jet and he was very low. May have been a one time exception, but its out of character.

Doc
05-17-2013, 05:54 PM

I remember the jets from Luke AFB when I lived in the area. They frequently had student pilots flying around in big circles at night over the desert as far out as Apache Junction.

atmjjc
05-18-2013, 08:14 AM

tornado warning
####018001463####
WFUS54 KFWD 160223
TORFWD
TXC251-160245-
/O.NEW.KFWD.TO.W.0016.130516T0223Z-130516T0245Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX
923 PM CDT WED MAY 15 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL JOHNSON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 945 PM CDT

* AT 923 PM CDT...STORM SPOTTERS AND DOPPLER RADAR OBSERVED A TORNADO
NEAR CLEBURNE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 15 MPH. SPOTTERS REPORTED
THAT THIS IS A MILE WIDE TORNADO...CAPABLE OF INCREDIBLE
DESTRUCTION. THIS TORNADO HAS SHIFTED ITS TRACK AND WAS MOVING
NORTH RIGHT AT THE CITY OF CLEBURNE! IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...TAKE
COVER IMMEDIATELY TO PROTECT YOUR LIFE!

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
CLEBURNE AROUND 930 PM CDT...
KEENE AND JOSHUA AROUND 945 PM CDT...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A LARGE...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS...AND POTENTIALLY DEADLY TORNADO HAS
BEEN CONFIRMED. TO PROTECT YOUR LIFE...TAKE COVER NOW! MOVE
UNDERGROUND OR TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDY
BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME...A VEHICLE OR
OUTDOORS...MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECT
YOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.

&&

LAT...LON 3241 9746 3247 9738 3245 9722 3228 9723
3229 9741 3234 9748
TIME...MOT...LOC 0223Z 205DEG 14KT 3233 9741

$$

CAVANAUGH

Is it possible the jets were airborne at that time due to the tornado just south of Fort Worth at Cleburne? The time seems to be correct around 2123 hrs.

atmjjc
05-19-2013, 02:12 PM
This is a pretty neat video just taken recently at the NAS Fort Worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkb2Y1DWgYI

southerncross
05-19-2013, 07:19 PM
We weren't forecast for tornados of that magnitude. The resultant weather confounded all the modeling the NWS had done.
I've never heard one of these take off that low that late and they usually do not fly their jets out as they'd have to scramble out several dozen. That's costly and never done. Why scramble one and leave the rest ?
This was either a rare mission of some nature, or something else. We will likely never know if no sightings are reported for that day.
As I said, I've been observing these birds for 60 yrs and that was out of the ordinary.

Examiner
05-19-2013, 11:32 PM
We weren't forecast for tornados of that magnitude. The resultant weather confounded all the modeling the NWS had done.
I've never heard one of these take off that low that late and they usually do not fly their jets out as they'd have to scramble out several dozen. That's costly and never done. Why scramble one and leave the rest ?
This was either a rare mission of some nature, or something else. We will likely never know if no sightings are reported for that day.
As I said, I've been observing these birds for 60 yrs and that was out of the ordinary.

That's worthy of noting. As someone who spent the better part of their childhood living on military installations that invariably featured a fighter wing or two (back then it was F-4s and even an SR-71 wing), you get "to know the flow" after being around them for a while. Flying that low over a residential district would ordinarily be a violation of SOP unless the situation warrants it. I sincerely doubt it was a training exercise given the circumstances. Like you, southerncross, I wonder what's afoot? You're probably right - we might not ever know.

majicbar
05-23-2013, 02:26 AM
http://aeronav.faa.gov/digital_tpp_search.asp?fldIdent=NFW&fld_ident_type=FAA&ver=1305&eff=05-02-2013&end=05-30-2013&submit1=Search

This is a link to the FAA website which lists the various departure routes from the Naval Air Station at Fort Worth. I was hoping to find the air base rules which list the regulations for flight operations which would specify the use of afterburner and flight levels on departure. Some of these may be on the FAA link above but the actual airbase rules would be a better source to find if the take-offs were standard or under a military intercept exception. It would be interesting to find out what aircraft were involved: the standard aircraft basing there at NFW are F-16's and F-18's, the F-16's are with the Texas Air National Guard.