PDA

View Full Version : I Quit!

lycaeus
05-30-2013, 01:04 PM
My room mate and I quit our well-paid jobs yesterday. I can hardly explain how good it feels to have made that decision. Was scared at first of not finding anything but I'm probably just going to take a grocery store job or something similar job until I get into college this fall. It feels AMAZING! Basically we were worked like little slave dogs doing hard labour, being mocked while other guys would screw around all day doing the easiest work, being treated like worthless machines. It got pretty bad becoz there were so many bad little things that just added up to a tipping point. I feel free now. It's funny because all the lazy guys are going to have to actually WORK for once until they find replacements. We had no time to do anything but get ready for the next day (11-14 hours, 6days/week) after 4-5 hours of sleep it was nuts.

Anyone have any good "I quit" stories?

I told my room mate that if it's the right thing to do then we should feel good about it and someone 'up there' always looks out for us if we do the right thing. I have more money than my room mate, so it's riskier for him. But oddly enough, during our last day yesterday he found a big earring that looks like it could be all silver and diamonds, so who knows, maybe that's a good sign that he's being looked out for as he could use a couple extra bucks.

newyorklily
05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Congratulations (I think)!

http://youtu.be/EPrSVkTRb24

lycaeus
05-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Lol I'm definitely better off with no worries. There are lots of jobs and businesses around here.

lycaeus
05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Lol I'm definitely better off with no worries. There are lots of jobs and businesses around here.
oops, I forgot to say THANKS for the congratulations. Geez, where are my manners...

Doc
05-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Nicely done, Lycaeus. What I like the most about your story is that you have not waited until you were old to learn this Great Lesson of Life. "You don't have to stay in a bad situation." That is one of my personal Rules for Living, along with "Never trust a naked bus driver" and "Never get in a knife fight with an Apache." :biggrin2:

southerncross
05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Add to that , Never carry a knife to a gun fight.! Lol

I worked for my ex husbands biz for about 6 years. I think I quit about 4 times as I was treated a free slave labor and his partner hated the fact I was there and knew more about the company than he did. Not sure why, but he was always uninformed. I'd get enough of the 12 to 14 hr days while still expected to run the home perfectly and I'd haul it out only to be begged to come back.
After over 6 yrs of being treated like hell and paid zip....I quite it all, job, and marriage....the Big Quit ! Felt awesome.

lycaeus
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I'll add then 'You are what you eat' and 'You reap what you sow'.

That's awesome Southerncross. I can't believe putting up with something like that for so long. I've always had trouble fitting into the school and work slave program but it's getting easier.

I noticed today one benefit of my last terrible job. Since I worked my forearms to death, they've gotten a lot stronger. So I played guitar for the first time in almost a month and noticed that I can lay faster, for longer without getting tired :) . Just have to loosen up the fingers a little bit. That and my renewed appreciation for time off are the best things that came out of it.

Doc
06-01-2013, 11:42 PM
My mother used to say, "Don't come back from Hell empty handed." It means we can probably gain some benefit even from the most awful experiences if we try. Sometimes it isn't easy, though. :o