PDA

View Full Version : Manipulating Genes with High Voltage Electricity

montalk
06-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Seeds, grains, and fish eggs zapped with high voltage electric fields produced plants and fish that had reverted to an earlier evolutionary form. They were also more robust and grew faster compared to normal. This was the discovery of a couple European scientists in the 90s. When it was found that this technique could increase crop yields by 3x without expensive gene splicing and pesticides, the company was shut down due to its threat to industry.

Article here: http://www.viewzone.com/zapseeds.html

I skimmed the referenced book "Der Urzeit Code" (published in German, used Google Translate) and wrote up a summary below, FYI. This technique does not change DNA, but turns existing genes on/off especially in the 'junk' DNA region. Imagine what this would do to a human embryo. Imagine if a worm that contains more chromosomes that humans do, if treated with electricity turns on genes that produces a humanoid alien creature, as if it were a living time capsule. Imagine if ancient Atlanteans had this down to an art and created domesticated animals and grains without the need for microscopes. Imagine what HAARP, cell towers, wall sockets, power lines, electrified chemtrail strata might be doing to our epigenetic gene expression. Imagine if this could be used for rejuvenation or keeping a corpse alive like in Fringe.

Summary

- Seeds, grains, and fish eggs were exposed for several days to an electric field. Top negative, bottom positive. So the bottom electrode was a plate or mesh connected to positive or ground, the top electrode to the negative pole of a HV DC generator with 1kV to several 10s of kV range. The space between the electrodes must not be conductive. There is no appreciable current flow. It's just an electric field ranging from 750 Volts per centimeter to 5kV per centimeter. Samples could be placed inside a petri dish, for example.

- Red Sea salt-loving bacteria were sustained for weeks in anaerobic dim conditions using electric fields, whereas without electric fields in same conditions they died much sooner.

- Salt cores from 200 million years ago were drilled, and the trapped bacteria inside them were attempted to be revived using all conventional means, which failed. Upon using an electric field they came back alive.

- Fern spores treated with E field produced ferns that resembled ones from millions of years ago (as evidenced in fossils). Such as, instead of having many tiny leaves on bunch, the treated ferns were like one broad long leaf comprising the bunch.

- Watercress seeds were put on paper with some water, inside a petri dish, with the negative plate placed on the petri dish. Sprouted under 750V/cm. 86% sprout rate for electrified ones, 21% for non-electrified samples.

- Winter wheat: made new kinds of proteins, larger roots, grew faster. Grew in four to eight weeks, versus many months for regular wheat.

- Summer wheat was sprouted in 750 V/cm and growth was promoted as a result. At 1500 V/cm seeds took up more water, sprouted even faster. But at 4800 V/cm initial sprouting growth rate was inhibited. Nonetheless, after treatment, the 4800 V batch was planted and produced 3X the yield of untreated grains.

- Corn was sprouted for eight days in a sealed petri dish containing some water, in an electric field. Then they were planted in a green house. After 14 weeks, the result was a different kind of corn plant with 6-8 heads per stalk instead of one or two.

- Trout eggs were hatched for four weeks in an E field, and compared to untreated, the result was a third larger, more colorful, and had a hook lower jaw. Such kind of trout had been extinct for 150 years. The treated trout were also quick and shy yet aggressive. Whereas regular trout swim up to the hand to be fed, the wild ones swam away to safety quickly first, as if they were 'less domesticated.' They were stronger survivors.

- Seems their gene expression, especially of 'junk' DNA is altered. Genes switch on that had been dormant.

- Maybe electric fields in nature were different long ago, versus today. Maybe replicating a field strength that once existed at a certain time, brings a species back to the type it was at that time. Maybe the field simply turns off the modern component, and the older then has a chance to express itself. Whatever the case, the plants seem to take information from an E field that causes them to regress to a more primitive form.

- Biologist Axel Schoen replicated the experiments with corn and published it as his thesis in 2001. Results: Germination rates approached 100%, yields up to 400% greater, only needed 5% of the fertilizer of untreated. Biologists couldn't classify the species produced. Closest they came was a version from 20,000 to 30,000 years ago in South America.

- Red blood cells could be kept in storage twice as long after treatment before becoming nonviable. There even seemed to be more of them. Possible production of stem cells?

- Heart tissue at room temperature, in air without nutrient solution, remained alive and fresh 4-5 times longer. Possible application in organ transplants, or storing meat without refrigeration.

- Seeds also improve germination when exposed to e-field first and then sprouted outside.

Neuru
06-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the summary Montalk. :thumbup: This topic would need a lot of careful skeptical inquiry which, in turn, would presumably need a lot of time.

I found a few patent applications of the mentioned Guido Ebner here: Link (http://worldwide.espacenet.com/searchResults?DB=EPODOC&IN=Ebner+Guido&PA=Ciba&ST=advanced&compact=false&locale=en_EP&sortField=prd&ascending=false) (the ones with Schuerch/Schurch Heinz as the co-author are the relevant ones, unfortunately one of them lacks the downloadable PDFs)

-----

There was a short discussion on this topic on the JREF forum here: Link (http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=177911). One comment by a member called Lukraak_Sisser may be relevant:

Actually, static electric fields are routinely used to alter DNA of organisms.

What happens is that you treat the cells/eggs in such a way that small holes appear in the cell membrane. You then mix these pre-treated cells after rigorous washing in near pure water with the DNA you want to inject in a small electric cell. You then apply a very short, very high voltage field across the electric cell. The small pieces of DNA (which are charged) rapidly try to reach the positive pole. Some of them impact on the pre-treated cells and enter them, allowing the cells to integrate the DNA altering their expression profile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroporation

This sounds like someone who heard part of it and either ignores the fact that external DNA is added or decided to forget about that part.

BTW, is the water isn't pure enough a current is formed that then literally fries the cells in a nice spectacular explosion. Always a nice way to see three days of work go up in smoke..

Source (http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=6023795&postcount=8)

Naturally, this possible explanation directly opposes the claims cited on that book's website or the technique described in the patent application. (I haven't read the book itself.)

-----

Were there detailed instructions in the book on how to replicate at least some of these experiments? That would be useful to garner a more widespread knowledge of this phenomenon and its potential practical usefulness.

The Viewzone article claims that

But now, for the first time, renowned German botanists such as Professor Edgar Wagner of the University of Freiburg and Professor Gunter Rothe from the University of Mainz have make positive statements about it. Rothe even successfully replicated the Ciba experiments in detail at his university in 2001. Nobel laureate and world-famous Swiss microbiologist Werner Arber -- is defending this controversial discovery. After reviewing the evidence, Arber said, "I was impressed!"
Of the publications written by the referenced Gunter Rothe, none seem to be about this claimed experiment. (I searched JSTOR and Google Scholar.) It does not help that Prof. Rothe's personal website (Link (http://iabserv.biologie.uni-mainz.de/Rothe/rothe_start.htm)) was last updated in 2000 (that includes the publication list) while this experiment reportedly took place in 2001.

Conjecture: This may have been a private experiment that may or may not have been conducted in a controlled environment, at least we can't tell without documentation.

-----

On a different note,

Imagine if a worm that contains more chromosomes that humans do, if treated with electricity turns on genes that produces a humanoid alien creature, as if it were a living time capsule.I don't think that computes, unless that worm's ancestor was a humanoid species. Is such a thing even possible? On the other hand, it would be interesting to see if this technique could be used to produce land dolphins.:)

montalk
06-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Thanks for those links. So Guido and Heinz's patents were from the late 80s.

That electroporation info was interesting. One difference I see is this, from Wiki: "As the process needs direct electrical contact between the electrodes and the suspension [of biological particles], and is inoperable with isolated electrodes, obviously the process involves certain electrolytic effects, due to small currents and not only fields." The Ciba version has no direct conduction between electrodes and seeds/grains/eggs. There's insulation between.

For instance, you can put them in a covered glass petri dish, and put a top and bottom electrode a centimeter away on both sides. Barely any current flows (it's not supposed to anyway) and the field is left on for days. From what I got from the book, they did DNA analysis before and after, and the DNA itself remained unchanged, but some genes were switched on and some off.

Were there detailed instructions in the book on how to replicate at least some of these experiments?

There are some videos on youtube (keyterm: urzeit code) showing people's replications of the setup. Generally a 1 to 20 kV DC generator, metal foil, mesh, plate, or grid for the electrodes, and the samples suspended between them without touching. Top electrode is negative, bottom positive.

In the book, there were some patents and papers reprinted at the end. No detail on the power supply used, just on the field strength applied in various experiments. I mention that because not all power supplies have a totally smooth output. If there's a slight ripple in the output, that could constitute a pulsing field which may have affected things.

Here's something controversial related to all this: http://www.keelynet.com/biology/crock.htm --- Lee Crock's "Aura Therapy" device. It's a pair of aluminum mesh screens placed below and above a person lying down. They are given a 3V DC potential, which alternates every 15 minutes. So it's a weak electric field. If you increased that to thousands of volts and kept the field constant, you'd have the Ciba experiment (only on a human being ... let's hope that if DNA transfer is involved, a fly doesn't land on you, ha).

I don't think that computes, unless that worm's ancestor was a humanoid species. Is such a thing even possible? On the other hand, it would be interesting to see if this technique could be used to produce land dolphins.

I was just speculating, but what I meant is some sci-fi possibility of aliens using worms or plants or whatever as a time capsule to embed a humanoid genome in it like a hidden partition on a drive, with the leftover DNA being enough for the worm to reproduce and survive in the form of a worm. Then one day, the humanoid portion can be extracted (or the worm part switched off) and you'd resurrect the humanoid race. It's weird that some species have more chromosomes than humans do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisms_by_chromosome_count -- there's a fern that has 1260 chromosomes and we have only 46. Shrimp have twice as many as we do.

CasperParks
06-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Interesting.

lycaeus
06-17-2013, 06:58 AM
- Heart tissue at room temperature, in air without nutrient solution, remained alive and fresh 4-5 times longer. Possible application in organ transplants, or storing meat without refrigeration.

Apparently saltwater generates electricity as far as I know (and etheric energy). That might explain why salt keeps food from going bad to quickly.

Watt can I say, those are some shocking experiments. Hopefully these studies generate more interest and spark more research in this field. I've always been attracted to magnets and my curiosity about electricity has an endless capacity yet to be transformed into a grounded, static contentment. It's like they're these magical sources of untapped subtle and mysterious energies.

The Terminator Zapper is another example. Basically all it does is it puts an electric current through your body and accelerates the healing process. I know they work because I feel better, sometimes electrified or ecstatic when using it. Some proof: when I used to get stoned my eyes would go red, but if I wore the zapper, they would stay clear. So it's doing something.

These studies definitely put a new charge on the mind control and supersoldier black ops projects where they electrocute people. Aparently supersoldiers are plugged into trip chairs and tortured this way. I wonder if it turns on the output of latent potential in the genes to make them better soldiers, slaves, psychics or workers.

lycaeus
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I was just speculating, but what I meant is some sci-fi possibility of aliens using worms or plants or whatever as a time capsule to embed a humanoid genome in it like a hidden partition on a drive, with the leftover DNA being enough for the worm to reproduce and survive in the form of a worm.

Reminds me of the book Bringers of the Dawn by Barbara Marciniak. It opens by describing the earth as a 'Living Library' created by 'the original planners'.

whoknows
06-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Apparently saltwater generates electricity as far as I know (and etheric energy).

I don't think saltwater alone would work. I believe you would need a couple of dissimilar metals in the saltwater to make an electrical current (electrolysis).

Just a shot there. Pretty sure someone around here would know better than I.