PDA

View Full Version : Free energy breakthrough? Holy grail of water splitting technology now achieved with sunlight, mirro

Fore
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
(NaturalNews)

"A team of scientists at the University of Colorado, Boulder, have achieved what appears to be the "holy grail" of water splitting technology for the production and storage of clean, abundant energy. Because sunlight is free, I'm calling this "free energy."

To understand this breakthrough, it's important to first understand why solar power has so many limitations. Solar is great when the sun is shining, but storing solar power require the deployment of a large array of heavy, expensive and toxic electrical storage devices known as "deep cycle batteries." To put it in street terms, deep cycle battery technology sucks. The batteries suck, the chemicals suck, the weight sucks and the cost sucks. There is absolutely nothing to like about batteries unless you enjoy hulking around with heavy, useless objects.

So the "holy grail" of solar power has always been finding a way to store solar energy that's portable, dense and relatively lightweight. Until now, that discovery has been elusive.

But now a team of scientists in Boulder, Colorado say they have come up with "a radically new technique that uses the power of sunlight to efficiently split water into its components of hydrogen and oxygen, paving the way for the broad use of hydrogen as a clean, green fuel."

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/041450_free_energy_water_splitting_hydrogen_fuel.h tml

Source 2: http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2013/08/01/cu-boulder-team-develops-new-water-splitting-technique-could-produce

lycaeus
08-02-2013, 04:38 PM
NaturalNews is a good site. I used to be obsessed with hydrogen power, wanted to start making the fuel cells as a business and install them on people's cars so they save money on gas. There are videos of hydrogen gas stations in Germany I think and a guy pumping and running his car up with water. The technical solutions for humanity to live harmoniously and not in slavery are here, we just need a massive shift in awareness to turn the tide we're drowning in atm.