PDA

View Full Version : 1973 abduction in Pascagoula, Miss. back in News.

CasperParks
10-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Following is at NBC News:

From NBC News: Man says 1973 UFO 'abduction' incident turned life upside down. (http://www.nbcnews.com/science/man-says-1973-ufo-abduction-incident-turned-life-upside-down-8C11377316)

Parker, now 58, was 18 when he went fishing with Hickson on a tranquil Thursday night after work.

As they dangled their lines without much luck, the two said a UFO with blue lights swooped down. They told of a zipping noise made by the object.

Hickson, then 42, said three creatures with leathery gray skin and crab-like claws — he thought they were robots — took them by the forearms and levitated them aboard the craft. He said something that looked like a large floating eye appeared to examine him.

Parker says he was conscious but paralyzed.

"They gave a thorough, I mean a thorough, examination to me just like any doctor would," he said.

And then they were back on the shore, where it all began. The UFO was gone and Parker said they tried to collect themselves. Hickson needed three shots of liquor from a bottle in his car to calm his nerves before deciding to report what happened.

At the Jackson County Sheriff's Department, deputies initially suspected both men were drunk. Then-Capt. Glenn Ryder, who still works for the sheriff's office, said he laughed at the report, but met with the men. Parker and Hickson stuck to their story.

After the formal interview, deputies left Hickson and Parker together in a room with a hidden tape recorder, hoping to catch them in a lie.

"Me and the other investigator got up and left to let them talk, to see if they were going to say, 'Well, we got them fooled,' but they didn't," Ryder said. "They were really concerned."

On the tape, Hickson tells Parker, "It scared me to death too, son. You can't get over it in a lifetime. Jesus Christ have mercy."

"I don't know what happened to them," Ryder said. "I wasn't there with them, but I know you don't fake fear, and they were fearful. They were fearful."

The next afternoon, the story was splashed across the front pages of newspapers in Pascagoula and Gulfport. Overnight, Pascagoula became a magnet for news reporters and UFO investigators.

At end of article:

Hickson would go on to appear on talk shows, give lectures and interviews, and self-publish a book in 1983 titled "UFO Contact at Pascagoula." He reported three more encounters in 1974, and said the aliens communicated to him that they were peaceful.

Click here to read entire article at NBC News: Man says 1973 UFO 'abduction' incident turned life upside down. (http://www.nbcnews.com/science/man-says-1973-ufo-abduction-incident-turned-life-upside-down-8C11377316)

Doc
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I read at the time that the two men were more than fearful, they were shaken by the experience. The contemporary accounts hinted that Parker was devastated to the point of a breakdown over it. They didn't publish every detail but in the lingo of the day the guy was in bad shape and likely to stay that way for a long time. I found that part of the story to be very persuasive. No hoax or prank motive or theory would explain that, I don't think.