PDA

View Full Version : Gaming systems, e-Tablets, e-Readers, laptops and PCs.

CasperParks
11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Having a PC is important for me. I watch videos, TV and films on the PC. At this point, there is nothing on the horizon that replaces a desk PC for my needs. Owning a decent sized tablet is on my horizon. At least a 10". I checked out the new i-Pad last week, and amazed at the quality of the screen. A lack of flash-drive input raises hesitation on it. New Microsoft Surface seems likable, but like the i-Pad the price is too high. So, waiting until after the first of the year for prices to drop before hardcore shopping for a tablet.

I am old enough to recall and having owned stereo systems where everything was plugged into a "head". Now days, the "head" is built into flat screen TVs via inputs.

What I am not seeing in homes, are people using those heads style inputs to full extent. Many gaming systems offer surfing of the internet, however X-box always defaults to "hulu pay" and will not allow Hulu Free.

Down the road, after relocating the plan is to set up a PC (hopefully with a blue ray player in it) to a larger flat screen TV. If not, then a PC and blue ray player as separate units plugged into the inputs, with a decent sound system as well. I am not a gamer, and having a gaming system is not likely to happen.

Doc
11-06-2013, 12:34 AM
I was all desktop until I got my desktop replacement 17" laptop which I now use constantly. I still use the desktop for gaming, which I do less and less these days. I recently got a Kindle Fire HD to stream video and I am happy with loads of sci-fi movies and old series to play through the big screen which still has my stereo setup as you described. I bought the components a long time ago and it was quality stuff--it all still sounds good and nothing ever broke down or wore out.