PDA

View Full Version : Pilot claims he saw UFO about to hit plane, so he ducked

calikid
01-07-2014, 01:59 PM
They should add this scenario to pilot school!

Pilot claims he saw UFO about to hit plane, so he ducked

The pilot of an Airbus A320 in the skies around Heathrow Airport is suddenly startled by what he calls a cigar-shaped object flying toward his plane. He takes evasive action. Of a sort.

by Chris Matyszczyk

Sleep hasn't come easy to me lately.

Not since Canada's former defense minister explained that aliens won't give us their best tech because we're such nasty, bellicose people.

Apparently, the aliens are waiting for us to put down our nuclear weapons and ask them nicely for help. (Why they can't just neutralize us with their superior tech, I don't know.)

But now I hear they've just paid us another visit. Perhaps.

The United Kingdom's Airprox Board, which monitors all near misses in the air, has just released details of a disturbingly hopeful incident.

The pilot of an Airbus A320 was wafting about the skies around London's Heathrow Airport when he saw an object he couldn't identify barreling toward him.

Now, if you were the pilot of a plane and saw a cigar-shaped (they're so often cigar-shaped, these alien craft, aren't they?) craft coming toward you, your first reaction might be to divert your plane.

Well, as the Telegraph reports, this pilot ducked. In the words of the official report: "His immediate reaction was to duck to the right and reach over to alert the FO (First Officer); there was no time to talk to alert him."

I am not sure this maneuver would have prevented this alleged UFO from striking his plane, but it would have surely startled the First Officer into reassessing the pilot's sang-froid.

Afterward, the pilot explained that the flying object was within feet of his plane, bright silver and metallic. (The incident happened in July, in daylight.)

The authorities have not been able to locate any other sightings of this alleged object. The fact that this all happened at 34,000 feet means that some of the more obvious suggestions -- like a balloon of some sort -- have been discounted. Story Continues (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57616690-71/pilot-claims-he-saw-ufo-about-to-hit-plane-so-he-ducked/)

kleemkrishnaya
01-08-2014, 02:38 PM
What a nasty tone in this article! Ducking is an automatic response! This is the sort of coverage that makes pilots and others NOT report events like this.

norenrad
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I picked up on the tone as well.