PDA

View Full Version : Multiple witness reports of mysterious lights over Okinawa

Fore
01-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Multiple witness reports of mysterious lights over Okinawa

At approximately 9:00pm on 23 January, reports started coming into the Okinawa Times about a strange array of lights over their capital city Naha. Japan’s Self Defense Force and astronomical experts are without answer, yet witness accounts and videos claim a dozen or so bright orange lights appearing to hang and shift around in the sky could be see in the area.

The Japan Air Self Defense Force said that all their training exercises had finished at 7:20pm on that day and they never run exercises at such an hour as this phenomenon was said to occur.

Witnesses from the areas around Naha claimed to see “very bright lights moving in a curve, so I think it wasn’t an airplane,” and “10 lights moving until they gathered together and disappeared.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZWMGqmp8

Source report in English: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01/26/multiple-witness-reports-of-mystery-lights-over-okinawa-video/

earthman
01-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Seems like flares to me. The burn out in order and just hang there like flares.

earthman

majicbar
01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Seems like flares to me. The burn out in order and just hang there like flares.

earthmanFlares but then how do you describe their behavior over four minutes. Flares would either papachute down, or be tied to baloons, but how do these clusters come together and then string out into a line? Flares should be considered, but the behavior leads me to think otherwise.

Elevenaugust
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Flares but then how do you describe their behavior over four minutes. Flares would either parachute down, or be tied to balloons, but how do these clusters come together and then string out into a line? Flares should be considered, but the behavior leads me to think otherwise.
Hello majicbar,

Let's not forget at first that the video is split onto 4 sequences (2'23" for the first one, 19" for the second, 1'13" for the third and 53" for the last). So it's impossible to say that all flares can be visible over four minutes.

Then, about the geometrical aspect that leads you to think that they string out into a line, let's see how flares can be ejected off the jet:

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/1224/0lob.jpg

... almost a perfect line. Same goes as well for parachutes flare, they can be ejected in a line if the jet fly this way.

Add to this:

- The distance from the camera that reduce the apparent flare distance between each other.
- The flares are all made equally, with the same material, same parachute (if they are equipped with parachutes), etc... so they act in this small sky space almost as a whole to the local weather conditions, slowly going down and finally slowly separate as time goes by before fading away.

tonyb
02-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Hello majicbar,

Let's not forget at first that the video is split onto 4 sequences (2'23" for the first one, 19" for the second, 1'13" for the third and 53" for the last). So it's impossible to say that all flares can be visible over four minutes.

Then, about the geometrical aspect that leads you to think that they string out into a line, let's see how flares can be ejected off the jet:

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/1224/0lob.jpg

... almost a perfect line. Same goes as well for parachutes flare, they can be ejected in a line if the jet fly this way.

Add to this:

- The distance from the camera that reduce the apparent flare distance between each other.
- The flares are all made equally, with the same material, same parachute (if they are equipped with parachutes), etc... so they act in this small sky space almost as a whole to the local weather conditions, slowly going down and finally slowly separate as time goes by before fading away.

Random fun fact. The flares on the jet are used to confuse heat seeking missiles so they can get away.

majicbar
02-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Does video have EXIF data at sequence changes, I would think video edits would want to have some kind of header information. My thinking about this video has me wondering if these could be tethered balloons with a lead balloon a remote controlled helicopter pulling the string along into variou configurations. One would think there would be other reports in such a case. When a similar gag was pulled in St Paul, Minnesota, there were numerous reports of UFOs, eventually he was caught flying the lighted kite by the cops which killed the prank and explained the reports. I would expect something along these lines in this happening too.

Pandora'sParadox
02-22-2014, 11:28 PM
I heard of a recent sighting in Tokyo.....or china. it was hard to distinguish, but a man was driving and pulled over to record a "UFO" in the clouds. 2 balls of light jettison from the craft and explode. I have yet to find the video but im still looking...