PDA

View Full Version : Scientist predict intelligent alien life will be detected by 2040

Marvin
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/10/humanity-will-detect-aliens-by-2040-researcher-says/?intcmp=features

CasperParks
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/10/humanity-will-detect-aliens-by-2040-researcher-says/?intcmp=features

I am leaning toward 2035 at the latest.

earthman
02-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Kills me how they come up with a date. HOW.???...?? It could be tomorrow for all we know. Hope so, lol. I really think it will be sooner. To many good stuff going on in science that will do it much sooner. I see 2015....:rolleyes:

Longeyes
02-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Do that include this planet?

earthman
02-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Ain't much intelligence life on this rock. May be a few, like dolphins fut not many, lol.

Marvin
02-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Do that include this planet?

You ask a valid question... but they did specify alien life.

For the aliens, the search may take longer. :biggrin2:

M

Doc
02-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Kidding aside, I always feel like there are two layers of scientists: Ones that make predictions like this and another layer who know we found them or they found us decades ago. The irony among the second level of read-in scientists and others must get pretty thick some days.

Wally
02-14-2014, 07:15 PM
The problem with detection though may be that any civilization capable of traveling the vast distances between stars more than likely has figured out some sort of "faster than light" method of communicating over those vast distances that we most likely would not be able to intercept. And how long would it be from detection of intelligent alien life to actual first contact with such life?

Longeyes
02-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Wally welcome chances are as Doc suggested we already have made contact.

CasperParks
02-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Hi Wally welcome chances are as Doc suggested we already have made contact.

My earlier comments was reference to pending "Disclosure", and made toward public acknowledgement of Broadening Reality.

:yes:Click here for recommend reading: :yes:

"Pandora-s-Box-The-Disclosure-Lite-Program" thread at The Outpost Forum. (http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/showthread.php?1132-Pandora-s-Box-The-Disclosure-Lite-Program)

Wally
02-15-2014, 08:18 AM
While it is probably undeniable that the Earth is being by Alien civilizations I was thinking of a more sort of official first contact (or disclosure) where the government actually acknowledges the extraterrestrial presence and hopefully some sort of diplomatic relation with Earth and the aliens is established. Back in 2012 I was firmly convinced that Earth would have our first contact in 2012 on the solstice at the end of the Mayan calendar but needless to say I was quite disappointed. Now my belief is the only way we're going to get any kind of disclosure is if the aliens want it. There may be very little we as Earthlings can do to make it happen, but likewise there is also probably not much those who oppose disclosure can do to stop it should the aliens decide to make it happen.

Doc
02-16-2014, 12:01 AM
While it is probably undeniable that the Earth is being by Alien civilizations I was thinking of a more sort of official first contact (or disclosure) where the government actually acknowledges the extraterrestrial presence and hopefully some sort of diplomatic relation with Earth and the aliens is established. Back in 2012 I was firmly convinced that Earth would have our first contact in 2012 on the solstice at the end of the Mayan calendar but needless to say I was quite disappointed. Now my belief is the only way we're going to get any kind of disclosure is if the aliens want it. There may be very little we as Earthlings can do to make it happen, but likewise there is also probably not much those who oppose disclosure can do to stop it should the aliens decide to make it happen.

That is a reasonable conclusion. The Disclosure Lite people think they can reduce the resistance from the PtB but at best that approach will be slow and is unlikely to force disclosure. If the Aliens want it--it happens.