PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush Alaska show

earthman
02-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Hey all. As most of ya know I'm into gold prospecting also. I'm a GPAA member "Gold Prospectors Association of America". On one of our gold forums, goldprospectorspace, the producers of Gold Rush Alaska posted they wanted new miners for the show. I filled out the app and sent off some photos and a video of us out prospecting. They got back to me and I'm doing an interview over the phone tomorrow. They like what they saw and I might be going to Alaska... The next reality tv star, lol. Wish me luck.....

earthman

majicbar
02-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Hey all. As most of ya know I'm into gold prospecting also. I'm a GPAA member "Gold Prospectors Association of America". On one of our gold forums, goldprospectorspace, the producers of Gold Rush Alaska posted they wanted new miners for the show. I filled out the app and sent off some photos and a video of us out prospecting. They got back to me and I'm doing an interview over the phone tomorrow. They like what they saw and I might be going to Alaska... The next reality tv star, lol. Wish me luck.....
E
earthmanBest of luck indeed!

earthman
02-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Had my interview for the show. Went good. I have a good chance to be on the show in the upcoming season. Filming starts in May until Sept. Then the new season comes out later this year. I just want to mine some good gold. And be a reality TV star, lol.

earthman

epo333
02-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Had my interview for the show. Went good. I have a good chance to be on the show in the upcoming season. Filming starts in May until Sept. Then the new season comes out later this year. I just want to mine some good gold. And be a reality TV star, lol.

earthman

Good luck earthman, I hope you become "Rich and Famous" $$$ from the gold, $$$ from being a reality TV star...LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/private-islands_n_2365359.html#slide=1909303

earthman
02-14-2014, 07:11 PM
LOL, hope so too. And buy that island too, lol. Wont know for a few weeks.

earthman

earthman
03-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Well, it looks like it's not going to happen. I was told I would be contacted in a few weeks after my first interview but nothing happened. So It looks like I have to mine my own claim this year. I am setting up one not far from Cripple Creek Colorado. Have a place way up in the mountains that's an old mine from the late `1800's. Can't get up there yet because of the snow so I'm waiting until the melt. Should be here in a few weeks I hope. Going out Wednesday to out Wednesday to the local creek for some prospecting. Going to be in the 70's here in Denver. Here is some pics' of the old mine I took last year up there. You will see the old opening that is caved in. I am going to work the old tailing pile left by the miners from back then. And I plan on digging open the mine too. 11641165

epo333
03-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Well, I think you'll have a "blast" up there anyhow.

Are you hiking (on foot) or using a Quad, or even horseback maybe...!

earthman
03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
On foot. It's from 9000 feet up to the 10,500 foot spot. Takes a while to hike it. Thin air, lol.

earthman

earthman
03-25-2014, 12:34 AM
The hike is at a 45 degree angle for and hour about. Then a small path to the mine.

epo333
03-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Ha!

I kind of figured the thin air part, good thing you'll be coming DOWN with all that heavy gold. LOL

Doc
03-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Well, it looks like it's not going to happen. I was told I would be contacted in a few weeks after my first interview but nothing happened. So It looks like I have to mine my own claim this year. I am setting up one not far from Cripple Creek Colorado. Have a place way up in the mountains that's an old mine from the late `1800's. Can't get up there yet because of the snow so I'm waiting until the melt. Should be here in a few weeks I hope. Going out Wednesday to out Wednesday to the local creek for some prospecting. Going to be in the 70's here in Denver. Here is some pics' of the old mine I took last year up there. You will see the old opening that is caved in. I am going to work the old tailing pile left by the miners from back then. And I plan on digging open the mine too. 11641165

Sorry to hear you aren't getting a crack at Reality TV. A few years back a friend of mine went all through the steps of getting on Survivor and then must have missed the final cut. Frustrating.

Out in the Mojave there are a lot of old mines. We went in one that looked like the one on the left there. Inside there was a vein of quartz about eight inches wide that ran the length of the mine back into the darkness. Looked like it might be worth going after. Lots more placer mines, though. One man digs that guys return to year after year hoping to strike it. Good fun!

earthman
03-25-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm a member of a site for miners, goldprospectorspace.com, it is the big site for prospectors. Even Dakota Fred from the tv show is a member there. I have some miners that are going to help me get the claim set up. Been gabbing there for hours this evening. They have a radio show every Thursday evening at 8:30 eastern time. A few want me to start doing the show, I have a radio voice they said. lol. Plus I know mining pretty good. Dakota Fred was a guest a few weeks ago. You can call in and stuff. And they give away paydirt about every week. Just be in the chat room during the show in you could win. I won a camo-pouch from USA Detectors a few weeks ago. Hate to push the site there but it is a cool site for gold. Nice folks there. Our photos of the mine are posted there. Here, i'll post here our video of us and our highbanker/dredge. It's me in the video and narrating the video. It shows us prospecting in Ohio, which doesn't have much for gold, and me using out Spiral Bowl for clean up. It's all fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE0IBGEiWMY

earthman

CasperParks
03-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing the video.

earthman
04-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Trekked up to the mine this weekend. Didn't think it would be that snowy still. Man, was it snowy. lol. Here is a few shots of the frozen toundra up there. Was going up to do a test and see what I found in gold. I did find some but it was froze over still. 11781179

earthman
04-22-2014, 01:45 AM
That's at 10,000 feet.

calikid
04-22-2014, 01:48 AM
That's at 10,000 feet.

Very pretty.
Do you O2 at that altitude?

earthman
04-22-2014, 01:59 AM
No. I did drag that crate with my equip up the mountain. It's a cart that works great on a side walk. Not up a mountain in the snow. It was like draggin a snow plow. took over an hour to get to the mine.

CasperParks
04-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Doc
04-22-2014, 04:04 PM
No. I did drag that crate with my equip up the mountain. It's a cart that works great on a side walk. Not up a mountain in the snow. It was like draggin a snow plow. took over an hour to get to the mine.

I went with a whole group up the road to Cerro Gordo in winter some years back. It was in my old Scout which was very stable and powerful but not as nimble as my later Jeep. Parts of the trip up that mountain scared me good! Snow in the mountains makes everything at least three times harder and more dangerous. :yikes: