PDA

View Full Version : Hoaxing Encounters

Garuda
08-21-2014, 09:07 AM
DOES UFO INTELLIGENCE “HOAX” ENCOUNTERS FOR EXPERIENCERS?
Joseph Burkes MD 2014

In my judgment the answer to this question is a resounding, “Yes!” The explanation for this assertion requires a new theory describing the mechanism of UFO encounters. I call this theory “The Virtual Experience Hypothesis.”

INTRODUCTION

The Internet is awash with faked videos purporting to show UFO hardware. These hoaxes titillate while they deceive. Serious UFO investigators and UFO truth activists bemoan the proliferation of these pictures and yet their popularity in my opinion reflects an almost insatiable hunger for contact with alien beings and reinforces a wild dream that many people have of actually going aboard an ET craft.
Over 22 years ago, when I first got involved with Dr Greer’s CSETI, I too shared some of those wild passions and became an activist in what I now call the “contact underground.” In 1998 I resigned from CSETI for personal, political and professional reasons but continued to be active in the field with MUFON and independent networks of experiencers.

“SHOW AND TELL” SERIES OF ENCOUNTERS

In the course of my investigations I discovered that UFO intelligence appeared to be deliberately leading me down a path that revealed how they create illusion and false memories. To my initial surprise and bewilderment, in a series of what might be described as “show and tell” contact experiences, I was led to a radically different way of understanding the mechanisms of close encounters.

THE VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE HYPOTHESIS

In this introductory posting I describe how UFO intelligence creates 3 D visual displays that are interpreted as actual physical objects, but are more accurately described as illusion. This is a Virtual Experience of the First Kind (VE-1)
A Virtual Experience of the Second Kind (VE-2) is a real time full sensory illusion that is popularly known as “Virtual Reality,” and is portrayed in the sci-fi film “The Matrix.”
The final category, and I imagine the most controversial one, is a Virtual Experience of the Third Kind (VE-3). This is a technologically induced false memory that is implanted into a UFO experiencer’s mind and is considered to be as “real” as any other memory produced by everyday physical or mental activities.

ANOMALOUS SHOOTING STAR DISPLAYS ARE IMPORTANT CLUES

I am now in my third decade of UFO investigations and have worked with both North American and Latin American contact networks. In the course of dozens of fieldwork expeditions we have repeatedly witnessed bizarre visual displays of what appear to be shooting stars. But instead of behaving like natural phenomenon they inexplicably move in a zigzag fashion, or fly up instead of falling down, and even can appear on request.
In the fall of 1994 I was running contact teams out to the high desert one hundred miles east of Los Angeles. As outrageous as it may sound, in that remote locale I witnessed a “shooting star” display that appeared totally the same three times in a row. Each sighting occurred in the exact location, had the same brightness, same length of trail, same color, speed and angle of descent in respect to the horizon. Incredibly these anomalous shooting star displays appeared each time after my co-worker boldly stated to an unseen intelligence. “Show Dr Burkes!
As described in my field notes from that encounter, all three of these apparent meteor sightings occurred after a simple verbal request was made for each to appear.
For a more detailed report please go to the following posting.
http://www.contactunderground.com/shootingstar.htm

How can such an event be possible? Was an ET spacecraft in Earth's outer atmosphere firing out meteors to create the display? No, that doesn’t seem probable. More likely the image was the result of some kind of technology that is perhaps holographic in nature.

MECHANISM OF PRODUCING 3-D ILLUSIONS REVEALED

Several months later during another live “show and tell” session, three-dimensional images, including one of an ET being were reportedly seen on the ceiling of a fellow contact worker as I spoke to him on the phone. To my utter amazement, the image was “seen” even after he reported closing his eyes. He also described one eye as tearing during the encounter. This suggested to me the distinct possibility that the energy producing the illusion was irritating his tear glands.
For a detailed report of this event and circumstances surrounding this “Tale of High Strangeness” please go to
http://www.contactunderground.com/1995saturdaynightfever.htm

For years I have contemplated the significance of this pair of bizarre encounters. I imagine that they were virtuoso displays of the psi capabilities of UFO intelligence. I am left with the disturbing impression that the so-called ETs can use technology to create illusions that convincingly simulate the appearance of actual physical objects and are indistinguishable from the real thing.

VISUAL DISPLAYS MASQUERADING AS “CRAFT” DON’T VIOLATE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS.

If UFO intelligence can hoax meteor displays, is that the limit of what they are doing with experiencers? I strongly suspect not. Images of flying saucers, black triangles massive cylindrical “mother ships” might all be part of their “bag of tricks.” And since they are images rather than physical objects, why not display “UFOs” that can go from standstill to thousands of miles per hour in a few seconds. This hypothesis thus has the power to explain why many parameters of UFO behavior appear to defy the laws of physics. Technologically produced visual displays masquerading as “craft” need not violate physical laws because they are not objects.
As in the example cited above involving tremendous acceleration, no alien flying saucer crew would run the risk of being crushed by inertial forces because a holographic projection obviously carries no crew.
Similarly experiencers describe ET beings that allegedly can pass through walls during Close Encounters of the Third Kind. In the UFO literature all kinds of speculation are offered to explain how the aliens might be able to alter their molecular structure to achieve such a feat.
A simpler explanation in my opinion is the technological creation of illusion, a mere visual display.

ENCOUNTERS ARE BOTH PHYSICAL AND ILLUSORY.

This doesn’t mean that all close encounters are “hoaxed” (i.e. illusions) and that no physical ET craft or alien beings exist. It is not a question of whether the phenomenon is physical (where an actual object or being is perceived) or whether the phenomenon is neurophysiological (in which a technologically mediated illusion is experienced.) Sightings of UFOs and close encounters that we are witnessing worldwide are in my judgment likely to be the result of both illusory and physical events.
Granted this is a very strange concept to try and wrap one's mind around. I am suggesting that some, perhaps even most sightings of UFOs do not represent physical objects. They are not hallucinations, that are the result of a pathological condition, but rather they are technologically induced illusions!
I am concerned that there are fearful people who might say that this capacity to create illusion is another example of the so-called "aliens” tendency to "deceive us." Some fundamentalist Christian groups regularly assert that the so-called extraterrestrials are really demonic in nature. For them Satan is “the great deceiver” and ETs capable creating illusion have a similar modus operandi.
By no means do I believe that UFO intelligence is the “Devil” in disguise. Instead I suggest that there are very practical considerations why a technologically advanced civilization might choose to create visual displays and other forms of virtual experience for human subjects

“HOAXING” ENCOUNTERS DOES MORE THAN SAVE FUEL FOR ET CRAFT

Illusions, whether simulating shooting stars, or ET craft for that matter, do not require live crews to stage encounters. In other words on a planet obsessed with “national security,” what appears to be ET craft are in my opinion being attacked and probably being shot-down on occasion as well. The evidence supporting this scenario comes from the numerous reports of armed conflict between UFOs and military aircraft. If shoot downs have occurred and some ET beings have been taken prisoner then I imagine their fate might be extremely unpleasant.
Thus ETs might chose to remotely simulate UFOs in the form of an illusion as a way of alerting mankind to their presence rather than sending saucers through hostile territory. It might be more than just a way of saving fuel. Conceivably it could even save lives!

calikid
08-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Not to split hairs, but if there is actual interaction with an alien intelligence, ie the hallucination does originate with "UFO Intelligence", wouldn't that still be considered an encounter?

Or must the interaction be physical to qualify as an encounter?

CasperParks
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Agree with a yearning for alien contact.

Garuda
08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Not to split hairs, but if there is actual interaction with an alien intelligence, ie the hallucination does originate with "UFO Intelligence", wouldn't that still be considered an encounter?

Well, I'd say it's still an encounter. But it's not the one you think you had.

I think Karla Turner was the first one to pay attention to the 'Virtual Reality Scenarios'.

newyorklily
08-21-2014, 04:15 PM

I feel that the encounters I've had with the beings in my dreams, are just as real as the ones that left physical traces on my body. It can be compared to talking to a person who is standing next to you or, communicating with that person via Skype or phone when he/she is half way around the world. It is still contact.

newyorklily
08-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Well, I'd say it's still an encounter. But it's not the one you think you had.

I think Karla Turner was the first one to pay attention to the 'Virtual Reality Scenarios'.
I agree. I've always felt that some of what takes place is not how it appears. I especially feel that the" hybrid program" isn't physically real most of the time. I think a lot of that is psychologically fabricated so the beings can study human emotions.

CasperParks
08-22-2014, 03:20 AM
moving post to for a laugh thread.

Fore
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I think there is some merit to his hypothesis. I don't even doubt he has actually seen it in the field.

Though I have some doubts about the applications. For example, black is impractical with a hologram. Holograms (as we know them) are a scattering of light (usually through several beams of light interfering with one another) to cause the appearance of an image.

Black is the absence of light. (as in black triangles)
While you could do some fancy things with [pre-existing] contrast to create the illusion of "black", it just usually won't work under different conditions.

Another thing is that he implies the idea of positional representation with respect to a "hologram" or a "hallucination". That is more involved.

----------------------

Depending on whether it is a cognitive hallucination or an external optical one....

Speaking more of the optical kind:
You can create a bright spot in the sky like he said, but whoever makes the projections would also have a necessity of both a field of confined projection and coordinates in conjunction/throughout that field.

Size doesn't really matter as it could be kilometers (for the night sky) or inches for someones bedroom. Take into account for a moment that the projector doing all of this requires a fixed position (or at least the ability to modify the projection in real time) to create an illusion that repeats over the projection field.

The same is true for a bedroom. Which means that the intelligently controlled phenomena is likely being performed from somewhere where the projection field is accessible and measurable. (for projection accuracy)

=======================
Side thoughts:
The first thought that comes to mind when I read his hypothesis was an earlier discussion I witnessed about ~20 years ago where two ET were sharing information with each other and I saw something in one of the two minds about something like a ballistic metal or glass-like material being shot into the air by something on the ground (not described or shown). Something like a flash of light (I suppose it was a laser, don't know) was depicted hitting this ballistic whitish metal or glass, it would reflect the beam of light and burn up the metal/glass and then a second target would be supposedly be destroyed. The point basic point of it [I think, not too sure] was that it was some kind of weapon system that shoots at angles.

The best that I could piece together (couple years later when remembering about it again) was the ballistic metal/glass piece acted like some kind reflector. I think it was some kind of way of "someone" shooting down UFO's. (unknown as it wasn't detailed in the abrupt moment it happened)
Just before the two ET's cut me off when they noticed me listening in on their conversation, they showed each other a strange object (that I suppose was the ballistic reflector?) up close.

It looked like (a bit fuzzy on recalling details) a square diamond. It had 4 shallow segments from the angle they showed it. In those four directions was like a 3D array of some kind of glass or metal that was both shiny and dull. The little arrays were stacked on one another on each corner and looked more like glass but the back that it was stuck to looked more like metal. To be honest it looked more like a piece of a satellite than something shot from something.

But it was one of the things I found interesting because it was a novel idea. They (whoever it was that shot it into the air) could use the ballistic reflector to hit a UFO object over the horizon from a distance. I assume the reflector was temporary because the idea between the two ET's was the ballistic piece being shot up, burning up and then a third object (a UFO craft) being struck by a flash of light.

=======================

This old memory made me then wonder if it is possible for the ET to build a reflector or a projector that moves around in the air remotely in the place of a UFO. It makes me wonder if the reason people see orbs around UFO's or near or around a sighting is because it is a 3D projector in some cases?

Anyway, just thought it was worth sharing.