PDA

View Full Version : Shirley MacLaine and UFOs

Longeyes
09-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Last year Shirley MacLaine made the news talking about her belief in UFOs when she was in Britain filming for the hit UK TV show Downton Abbey

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/downton-abbeys-shirley-maclaine-on-facelifts-1330620

Now she is in Australia and talks about her ex Lover foreign minister of Australia Andrew Peacock who she went UFO spotting with audio interview on the site...

http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2014/09/15/4087739.htm?site=sydney

As the only female member of the Rat Pack, the lover of a string of prominent men, and an author of books about the metaphysical and reincarnation, her audience can expect to hear some great tales.

In her typical candid style, Shirley shared with Robbie Buck memories of UFO spotting in Mexico with then foreign minister of Australia Andrew Peacock.

"We saw them," she said.

"I tried to get him to talk about Alice Springs but he was very loyal to his foreign service oath of secrecy," she laughed, hinting at rumours of an underground UFO research facility in the top end.

They remain good friends and Shirley says when she catches up for dinner with Andrew Peacock's wife Penne Korth they get a kick out of making fun of him.

"He likes it, because he knows we care about him."

These days Shirley MacLaine can be seen on the small screen on the television program Downton Abbey in which she plays Martha Levinson, the brash American grandmother who goes head-to-head with Maggie Smith's character the Dowager Countess of Grantham.

"I love Maggie, we've known each other for 40 years."

Now having just turned 80, Shirley says the roles for older women have markedly improved and she credits an ageing television audience.

"Maybe I've come along at the right time where there will be pictures for older people."

All in all, it appears Shirley MacLaine is taking ageing in her stride.

"I love being iconic: people are going, 'oh my god, she's still walking upright'."

An Intimate Evening with Shirley MacLaine comes to the State Theatre on 10 December 2014.

Longeyes
09-22-2014, 03:05 PM
This is interesting an old Aussie article on her and Peacock

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/aussie-politicians-ufo-hunt/story-e6freuy9-1226039191655?nk=b4b9bd3a6cae4f2fff15cb75517fe054

Full article on site where they have more quotes from her book

"On a UFO stakeout in Mexico near Mt. Popocatepetl, at one moment we thought we saw a craft and Andrew nearly "climbed the sky" to see if it was real.

"As foreign minister he controlled all the information coming out of Alice Springs (supposedly the underground UFO research facility in Australia). Because he was sworn to secrecy, he never told me outright that UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin and were present.

"But he said and did nothing to disabuse me of such a belief. When I told him about Roald Sagdaev having confirmed that UFOs and the presence of ETs were real, he just smiled. When I told him I had gone to see Jimmy Carter to discuss UFOs, he just smiled again. Andrew was a trained diplomat of the first order and was his own best intelligence gatherer. He was learning more about the subject of UFOs from me than I was learning from him.

"We have been friends for over 30 years, and we value each other very much. He is happily married now for the third time, and I remain friends with his children and his first wife too."

--From Shirley MacLaine's new book I'm All Over That, published by Simon and Schuster.

Longeyes
09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Great article on Open Minds TV

http://www.openminds.tv/shirley-maclaine-says-went-ufo-spotting-former-australian-ambassador-u-s/30002

Shirley MacLaine says she went UFO spotting with former Australian Ambassador to the U.S.

shirley-maclaineIn a recent interview with ABC Sydney, Shirley MacLaine says she took former Australian Ambassador to the United States Andrew Peacock UFO spotting, and they did indeed spot UFOs.

MacLaine is headed to Australia to perform her live one-woman show, in which she shares stories of the golden era of Hollywood. However, before her trip, she appeared on ABC radio in Sydney for an interview about her upcoming show and other topics. Lucky for us, one of those topics was UFOs......

More on the site