PDA

View Full Version : Dates for latest posts

rdunk
12-14-2011, 04:38 AM
This one of those not a big deal things. Rather just wonder'in - why are the date numbers for "latest posts" set with day first, like today's is "13-12", instead of month first, which obviously would be "12 -13". Day first is always a little confusing to me, wherever it might be done, but, as I said, "no big deal"!

I believe we do have month first in most other dates being used here.

norenrad
12-14-2011, 05:56 AM
The military uses the day first too, it took me months to get over that when I got out.

Doc
12-14-2011, 04:28 PM
That is a setting down in the Engine Room. Maybe Scotty...ah, nevermind. :ufo:

If it annoys people we can look into changing the setting.

Musado
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM
This one of those not a big deal things. Rather just wonder'in - why are the date numbers for "latest posts" set with day first, like today's is "13-12", instead of month first, which obviously would be "12 -13". Day first is always a little confusing to me, wherever it might be done, but, as I said, "no big deal"!

You can change the date & time format in your Settings (http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/profile.php?do=editoptions) menu to which ever format you prefer :D

Doc
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Why does that seem disappointing? Must be me. :nono:

Pam
12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
You can change the date & time format in your Settings (http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/profile.php?do=editoptions) menu to which ever format you prefer :D

Hahahaha.... I was wondering about that. I guess I had already changed it because my dates were showing month/day/year.

"Not that there is anything wrong with day/month/year....... depends on which part of the world you come from ;)

rdunk
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So far, I can't find a "setting' that changes day-month placements. All of my dates are month/day/year also, except those in the "Latest Posts" section at the top of the Main Forums page. There it is "day/month". That is why I commented for this post, because that is different from all other dates here, that I have seen.

I think this guy is really neat too!!!:ufo:!