PDA

View Full Version : Massive 9350 Yr. Old Monolith Found in Mediterranean

southerncross
08-11-2015, 02:56 AM
While not as old and sophisticated as Gobekli Tepe, it is still impressive. It lies underwater so it was carved before the end of the last ice age.
Not sure what it was intended for. But never the less, man wasn't known to be terribly advanced in construction of large structural things at that time.
Or was he ?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/enormous-monolith-carved-9350-years-ago-found-under-mediterranean-sea/story-fnjwl1aw-1227476030047?pg=1#comments

Garuda
08-11-2015, 06:46 AM
While not as old and sophisticated as Gobekli Tepe, it is still impressive. It lies underwater so it was carved before the end of the last ice age.
Not sure what it was intended for. But never the less, man wasn't known to be terribly advanced in construction of large structural things at that time.
Or was he ?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/enormous-monolith-carved-9350-years-ago-found-under-mediterranean-sea/story-fnjwl1aw-1227476030047?pg=1#comments

I read a different article on it yesterday that mentioned that the site was abandoned -because it became submerged - 9350 years ago, but that the monolith could possibly be far older.

southerncross
08-12-2015, 11:32 PM
I hope there is some way of determining why they were attempting such a labor intensive project. Surely there is other evidence of man in the general area.

CasperParks
08-13-2015, 03:09 AM
I hope there is some way of determining why they were attempting such a labor intensive project. Surely there is other evidence of man in the general area.

More proof we know next to nothing regarding human history.

Marvin
09-09-2015, 02:14 PM
More proof we know next to nothing regarding human history.

Humans are a race living with historical amnesia.

M

aquila
09-15-2015, 01:42 AM
asia minor has always been a land plagued by forgetfulness. however, traces of a rich and elite past linger in the names and ruins spread through out the country. the name of capital ankara is derived from ankyra, a galatian celtic term meaning anchor. why an inland settlement should have been given a name associated with marine vessels is open to questioning. the galata tower in old istanbul is another landmark suggesting galatian celtic origin. sibel is a name given to women which is known in various forms throughout europe and north america with roots in celtic lore. larissa is the name of an ancient city in western asia minor near the aegean coast which is mentioned in the bible - a city of the same name exists in present day greece. the mutual history of the two cities is up for grabs - were they related in some way. philadelphia is an ancient city in western asia minor which suffered immensely from persian plunder before athens was even aware of a threat from the east. and there is xanthus. what happened at xanthus in 540 b.c. is - in my opinion - the greatest single most tragic event in human history.

the term gobekli tepe means hill with a mound or belly. but this is the name given to it in the modern era. its original name is unknown.

when i first came to asia minor in the early 1980s i thought that i had come to a ufo free country. i was in for a surprise. the folk of asia minor are a humble people who mind their own business. they are not generally inclined to make an issue of cult trends or publicize punk interests. when something extraordinary happens they will report it. i found that the newspapers were filled with incidents of extraterrestrial alien visitations. one news account described a gathering of light discs over the mountains in central anatolia.

and, a small city in northeast anatolia - karabuk - reported e.t. visitations similar to what is described in mufon reports. alien e.t. craft hovered above the neighborhoods emitting light which entered homes and bounced around the room before fading.

and encounter reported in 1997 showed four discs hovering over izmir - a photo of the discs was included.