PDA

View Full Version : Mars Anomaly - Silver-Looking Dome

rdunk
12-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone! Well, here is a Mars anomaly I found a few months ago, that has the appearance of being a “silver dome”. I found it in a Mars Orbiter CTX camera photo. This object really sticks out like a sore thumb, relative to its surroundings, except, you just cannot see it until you nearly “get your nose in the dirt”, by magnifying the CTX photo.

What I see here is:

* An anomaly that appears to be silver/maybe metal
* Has a rounded dome shape
* Has six visible black circular areas on its face, which look like windows, and “could be something like windows”
* The size of the dome is about about 400 ft wide/dia., and about 350 ft tall - ie more than a football field wide, and more than a football field tall.
* The dome is sitting on structure that appears to be almost as tall as the dome is high. The pic is not clear enough to ascertain the type of support.structure
* Whatever it is, it is "different”!!!

There may be things going on around and below the dome here, because as you will see, there appear to be at least two openings to the underground right here at the dome. The smaller underground “entrance” just below the dome measures about 900 ft wide, and 500 ft tall. The larger underground “entrance”, just forward of the dome, measures about 2,200 ft wide, and 500 ft tall. As underground entrances, these openings are large enough to do almost anything, if there is someone there to do it!!!

I will post a screenshot, and a link to the full Mars Orbiter Camera CTX photo.One photo is all I have found for this anomaly.

Link to full MOC CTX photo - http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/ctx/P16_007268_2151_XN_35N345W#start

To help you locate the anomaly in this very tall CTX photo: I will include a screenshot for the top of the CTX photo, with an arrow to the anomaly position area.

1. Notice that near the top of the full CTX photo is a dark/black area. The anomaly is in the lower left of that darker area, on the top of a rocky formation, or structure, and is just above a crater in the area. You cannot see the dome until it is magnified several times. Of course, the screenshot will show you what to look for, if you go to look at the full MOC CTX photo

2.*Notice at the bottom left of the CTX photo are “buttons” which can be used in the search. You will need to use the + button to magnify all the way to best see the anomaly. (I use "full screen” button too)

I will be looking forward to hearing your comments, as I would like to know what you see and think!

Eric
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry but I think you analysis is a long shot. I can't tell from the photo's. Could be anything.
I think the cyclops smiley face in the fist image is more interesting :)

Marvin
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I will be looking forward to hearing your comments, as I would like to know what you see and think!

Looking at the shadows, it appears to be a crater or a depression and not a dome... a dome would rise above the surface and cast it's own shadow, and I see none (IMHO).

M

Dood
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Looking at the first pic it looks like a 'bubble' to me.
Meaning it looks like it is a dome of some kind since I see a 'shine' on it from sunlight.
Then again I need to view this with a better PC that has a good video card.
This PC is an old Celeron w/o any kind of video card other then the cheesy on board one. :bleh:

EDIT TO ADD: The Mars (and Moon) photos have always intrigue me.
There are too many questionable photos from the Mars & Lunar probes to be denied.
I thank Zorgon (The Living Moon website (http://www.thelivingmoon.com/)) for showing me 'how' to look for such anomalies.

It is ironic that the earlier probes reveal more info then the later higher tech ones.
This to me is a Red Flag that 'they' became better at covering up what is truly on these planetary bodies...

Marvin
01-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Just so folks can see what I am seeing:

The above shows us the lighting direction from the Sun.

Above, we zoom a little closer...

Again, we zoom a little closer...

We can now see the object in question (toward the top left of the photo)...

The above is the object in question.

Continued:

Marvin
01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Below is the direction of the lighting...

If this is a dome rising above the Martian surface, then the shadow cast by the dome would be in the red area below:

Clearly, there isn't a shadow there and the object does not cast a shadow onto the Martian surface.

M

rdunk
01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Looking at the first pic it looks like a 'bubble' to me.
Meaning it looks like it is a dome of some kind since I see a 'shine' on it from sunlight.
Then again I need to view this with a better PC that has a good video card.
This PC is an old Celeron w/o any kind of video card other then the cheesy on board one. :bleh:

EDIT TO ADD: The Mars (and Moon) photos have always intrigue me.
There are too many questionable photos from the Mars & Lunar probes to be denied.
I thank Zorgon (The Living Moon website (http://www.thelivingmoon.com/)) for showing me 'how' to look for such anomalies.

It is ironic that the earlier probes reveal more info then the later higher tech ones.
This to me is a Red Flag that 'they' became better at covering up what is truly on these planetary bodies...
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Hey Dood, thanks for your comments. As you say, I see nothing but a "bubble" either, and it definitely shows six black circular areas, like windows, or could be solar panels?? You are seeing it right, with whatever you are using. I am looking at it with an IMAC/ 27" inch display, using 2560x1440 resolution, and you see what I see. Yes, we can see things better with better video, but we have to get by with what we have sometimes.

You are for sure right about what the Mars photos show, just like this anomaly. I agree, just too much to be logically denied!

rdunk
01-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi Marvin! You have done a good job of getting into the detail of the post on this silver dome. Regarding the "shadowing/direction", when I look at the full MOC CTX photo, it is pretty hard to see where the shadowing is, vs just changes in the surface coloring. Obviously, to me, what you say about "it being a crater" is pretty questionable. There are plenty of craters in this area, and all of them look like typical craters, but not this dome feature. It looks like a dome! Of course, your last pic is a little over magnified, but that actually doesn't change what is seen.

In my "opinion", to me, this photo does appear to have some photo tampering around the dome, and to our right of the dome, covering the top of the large underground opening area.. There is whitish and grayish "angel hair" looking stuff, with a lot of it on top of the larger underground entrance. And some of this "stuff" is also where the dome shadow you suggest would be. It is almost like they covered up most of what is here, but somehow missed getting the stuff over the dome. If this "angel hair" thatchy stuff is "natural", whatever could it be???? Definitely doesn't look like rock!

If you look closely at the right front of the large underground opening, on the top right, one can just barely make out white letters and numbers, on a black background. Somebody went to a considerable effort to cover up, but left just enough for us to see. The letters and numbers, are recognizable, right here on the Martian surface.

I will include another screenshot, which pinpoints these features, plus a couple of features i haven't discussed yet, which is the three-tier vertical object beside the dome, and the feature behind the dome.

Again, thanks for your comments

Marvin
01-16-2012, 08:57 PM
One last thing to consider;

On a rise (or dome), the opposite side of solar illumination will be in shadow...

On a depression (or crater), the opposite side of solar illumination will be in sun light...

As shown above.

M

rdunk
01-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Marvin, there is another aspect of this anomaly that might make issue with shadows. If you look at the full CTX photo (link in the OP), you will see that the silver dome area is in what looks like a "below grade" position - a huge concave area. Much of this area is dark anyway! Not much in the way of shadows here.

Marvin
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Rdunk,

I indeed used the image located here (for all of my images of the object):

http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/ctx/P16_007268_2151_XN_35N345W#start

As I posted earlier, if you look at that image, you can see the shadows and direction of the sun (in the larger image from the link above).

While the terrain in the area of the perceived “dome” like object is very rugged (this is an area of ejecta from the very large crater below this object), a rise or dome will cast a shadow. The reason this object does not cast a shadow is due to it being a depression (therefore is reflects light on the opposite side of the sun), as in the example below.

Have a great one!

M

rdunk
01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Marvin, I know you are trying to be pretty technical with this silver dome feature. But it is my opinion, on the basis of the very specific detail shown in the CTX photo, that we are not seeing anything here that would indicate a "crater', as you describe. It does look like a dome, and it does have very specific features on its face, that are certainly not Crater-like.

So, maybe we can just agree to disagree?? :ufo:

Marvin
01-18-2012, 06:28 PM
You said: “Marvin, I know you are trying to be pretty technical with this silver dome feature.” If we are interested in what the object really is, should we not take a technical and fact based approach?

For example, can you tell me what you see in this Mars image?

But yes, I can agree to disagree.

rdunk
01-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Hey Marvin! You said, "But yes, I can agree to disagree". And I say to that - -Great! We do just have differences of opinion, relative to the silver dome.

Regarding your request, "can you tell me what you see in this Mars image"? And I say, I have participated in that "rodeo" several times in the past, and I do consider it a waste of my time and yours. I know the basis for the technique, and it usually doesn't promote anomaly/artifact posting, as rather it usually is used in a "debunking scenario".

Marvin, since you posted the image, and if you consider it to be anomalous, then, I would be glad to hear what you see, in the image!! :ufo:

P.S. Marvin, I think I may have figured out why you are having a problem seeing the silver dome. Of course, this gets a little technical, but if you happen to be "left handed", as is your little guy with the writing tablet in your signature,, then that probably is the problem!! :lmao: :lmao:

Marvin
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Regarding your request, "can you tell me what you see in this Mars image"? And I say, I have participated in that "rodeo" several times in the past, and I do consider it a waste of my time and yours. I know the basis for the technique, and it usually doesn't promote anomaly/artifact posting, as rather it usually is used in a "debunking scenario". :

I understand your concern for having a "debunking scenario.” Please keep in mind that you are making the claims as to what the objects are, therefore the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders (and not mine). So far, you have offered no evidence other than “it looks like.…” I have demonstrated my opinion by scrutinizing light and shadow. I still do not “get it” with the “silver dome” when you present a black and white photo (not a color photo).

I am not discouraging you from posting anomalies/artifacts nor am I discouraging you from having your own opinion. I debate unfounded claims and reserve the right to question any claim unsupported by fact or evidence (when it is posted as such).

If you really do think my posts are a waste of your time, then do not read them... but thatwas a good attempt to stop the conversation. I want you to know I am not a debunker in sense that I would not accept the existence of anomalies on Mars… no matter what the evidence shows. I do think you have showed that characteristic of non-acceptance better than I.

In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit.

In this case as well as with the “silver dome,” the shadows do not support the “bunny hypothecates”… that is to say, the shadows show there is more than one object that create the appearance or illusion of a rabbit. If we were able to be able to change the camera’s position, the “ears” and the “head” would no longer line up and the “bunny” would “disappear.”

A wise man once said, not everything that glitters is gold.

As Stanton Freeman says, “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” I look forward to seeing it.

M

rdunk
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Marvin quote: I understand your concern for having a "debunking scenario.” Please keep in mind that you are making the claims as to what the objects are, therefore the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders (and not mine). So far, you have offered no evidence other than “it looks like.…” I have demonstrated my opinion by scrutinizing light and shadow. I still do not “get it” with the “silver dome” when you present a black and white photo (not a color photo).

Marvin, what I said in the OP was it is "An anomaly that appears to be silver/maybe metal". It is shiny, compared to other objects in the area. I also said "it has a rounded dome shape". I also referred to it as a "silver dome", because that is what it looks like in the photo. It does appear to have a perfect dome shape, and does appear to have a black ring around the base (that is hard to see). But it doesn't have a sign hanging on it that says what it actually is. It certainly doesn't look like a crater, as there are other craters right there in the area to compare to. Is it an observatory? Is it a spacecraft? Is it a flight control tower? At higher magnification, the "dome" has a feature hanging on the right side of its face, but no way to know what that feature is either.

Just no way to really know, on "basis of proof", what the function of this object really is. We only have this one photo, and it even appears to possibly have been modified.

Marvin quote: "If you really do think my posts are a waste of your time, then do not read them... but thatwas a good attempt to stop the conversation. I want you to know I am not a debunker in sense that I would not accept the existence of anomalies on Mars… no matter what the evidence shows. I do think you have showed that characteristic of non-acceptance better than I".

Marvin I did not mean to imply that your posts "were a waste of time". I said it would be a waste of time for us to go through your suggested "what do you see scenario", only because it is a tried and true "debunking tool", which often is used to obfuscate the discussion subject. But, I look forward to all anomaly comments, even those intended to help us stay straight, like yours in this case. Regarding your suggestion that "I have a characteristic of non-acceptance", you would be pretty much right, when it comes to debunking comments.! And that is because, since I don't post "rocks and craters" as anomalies, as some do, then I tend to have a fairly sound photo basis for everything I believe is worthy to post. Of course, when we get into opinion and speculation about an anomalous object's intended purpose, then one person's guess is as good as another's.

Marvin quote: "In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit".

Marvin, I will debunk that a little - I see nothing in those rocks that looks like a bunny rabbit! :)

Marvin
01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Marvin quote: "In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit".

Marvin, I will debunk that a little - I see nothing in those rocks that looks like a bunny rabbit! :)

Well played rdunk, well played. :angel_not: