PDA

View Full Version : Will Gravitational Waves reveal ETs?

GusB
02-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Will the ability to see gravitational waves reveal the entry of ET spacecraft that use Black Hole technology within our solar system.

That is to say if ETs Black Hole technology gives off gravitational waves will we be able to detect it and its location.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Ycv2yYNG8

majicbar
02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Will the ability to see gravitational waves reveal the entry of ET spacecraft that use Black Hole technology within our solar system.

That is to say if ETs Black Hole technology gives off gravitational waves will we be able to detect it and its location.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Ycv2yYNG8

NO, it is total BULLPUCKY what has been claimed. Think about it. We are using detectors that are half a world apart, a macroscopic scale instrument and then some how we are trying to see a vibration that is 1/10,000 the diameter of a proton, a very micro-microscopic scale. I think this is a ploy to get more funding for grants based on the sucess of this having "again" proved up the General Theory of Relativity. At best this is a dubious claim that will take years to disprove.

calikid
02-13-2016, 05:04 PM
NO, it is total BULLPUCKY what has been claimed. Think about it. We are using detectors that are half a world apart, a macroscopic scale instrument and then some how we are trying to see a vibration that is 1/10,000 the diameter of a proton, a very micro-microscopic scale. I think this is a ploy to get more funding for grants based on the sucess of this having "again" proved up the General Theory of Relativity. At best this is a dubious claim that will take years to disprove.

I too was dubious. In addition to measuring such tiny variances in very long wave forms, IMO taking such measurements on converging black holes at such tremendous distances adds to my doubts (as I recall from the video, something like 1000 light years?)

But the presenter sounds very adamant about the findings.
The history of the first LIGO having no results, and the upgraded/more sensitive LIGO model launch, seems to add some credence to their claim.

Makes me wonder HOW we conduct the scientific method on such claims (I have similar reservations about the Higgs-Boson research/discovery).
How is independent verification conducted when ONLY ONE instrument capable of such measurements exists?

They may be right, but I'd like to see more research before we start re-writing academic books. Feels like the party started a little early. :bleh: