PDA

View Full Version : Chris On the Air With Kevin Smith

Doc
12-22-2011, 05:57 AM
The OutPost is happy to announce that our Co-Administrator, Chris, will be talking with Kevin Smith tomorrow, December 22 at 8PM Mountain Time.

More information about how to listen at the link below.

http://www.kevinsmithshow.com/

Chris
12-22-2011, 06:11 AM
The OutPost is happy to announce that our Co-Administrator, Chris, will be talking with Kevin Smith tomorrow, December 22 at 8PM Mountain Time.

More information about how to listen at the link below.

http://www.kevinsmithshow.com/

I'm looking forward to discussing our new home and wonderful members with Kevin during his Open Lines show on Thursday night!

Doc
12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
I may call in from my Fortress of Solitude. :ufo:

Garuda
12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Now THAT is :cool:

:thumbup:

Precog
12-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I'll be listening as I am a member there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. For anyone interested, I was on his show on the 15 of September. I have precog dreams and have saved my life three times by paying attention to them. It all started when I was about 7 years old. It's been an interesting life.

Garuda
12-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I'll be listening as I am a member there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. For anyone interested, I was on his show on the 15 of September. I have precog dreams and have saved my life three times by paying attention to them. It all started when I was about 7 years old. It's been an interesting life.

That sounds interesting! Why don't you start a thread on it? I'd love to hear more about those precognitive dreams.

noot
12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm looking forward to discussing our new home and wonderful members with Kevin during his Open Lines show on Thursday night!
With any hope he'll nail you on all the years you devoted to enabling hoax after hoax at OM. SERPO, Drones, Sauce A... It's a long and shameful list.

Doc
12-22-2011, 01:32 PM
You would not have allowed those discussions to take place?

Chris
12-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Somehow he confuses facilitating a discussion with supporting a hoax. Apparently it's a complicated place here in the free world.

noot
12-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh I love discussion. I live for that.. Even regarding angels dancing on the head of a pin-- except when discussion is foreclosed by the censoring of opposing views. That was the method of Bren, Chris and OMF in general. That forum pandered to any hoaxter who could drive web-hits. You know this and I know this, Doc. And I assume that's why you quit. I appreciate the 'circling the wagons' principle. But for crisakes let's allow some truth. Ivo was an enabler, as was his boss. He cannot come before us now claiming to be a paragon of truth.

Chris
12-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh I love discussion. I live for that.. Even regarding angels dancing on the head of a pin-- except when discussion is foreclosed by the censoring of opposing views. That was the method of Bren, Chris and OMF in general. That forum pandered to any hoaxter who could drive web-hits. You know this and I know this, Doc. And I assume that's why you quit. I appreciate the 'circling the wagons' principle. But for crisakes let's allow some truth. Ivo was an enabler, as was his boss. He cannot come before us now claiming to be a paragon of truth.

While demogogeury and rhetoric are valid tools in a discussion, unsubstantiated false claims disguised as opinion and self-appointed righteousness are the tools of the lazy and ignorant.

Simply put - grow up.

noot
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
"false claims disguised as opinion..." Well there ya go!

Doc
12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
You have so many things wrong. No one was censored for their views. We didn't allow racist and anti-semite rants but otherwise any views were welcome or tolerated. People were censored for their nasty mouths or their insistence upon following their own rules. Web hits? The web hits would not have bought a good dinner. The truth is far more cruel. No one gave a damn about anyone's stupid views. We didn't like obnoxious jerks and when they got on our last nerve we got rid of them. Then, those people you think are so awful relented and let them back in, more than once in most cases. For anyone to think their opinion was so penetrating that it was censored is is deluding himself. The reality is that the opinion of any one individual on the internet is of no significance whatsoever. That is the plain truth. If you can't or won't accept that I don't know what else to say.

So you will be absolutely clear, if you have a different opinion as to how a forum should be run, you are welcome to express that view. If you think you can do it better, I invite you to try. If you remain here and participate we ask that you be civil. I trust you are smart enough to figure out where your choices will take you.

Pam
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
I was warned via PM a few times at OM about something I posted. If you go back and review my posts, I never once broke the TOS nor did I ever post anything that may have led to a warning. All I ever posted there was my thoughts and on occasion a differing opinion or view on a subject.

A majority of my posts were focused in the Drone threads, that is actually what brought me there and was really my first introduction to Forums and open discussions online. I think my warnings were related to the times that I would agree with someone that had the views that the drones were hoaxed, but may have expressed their thoughts with hostile frustration, but still within the TOS and so for some reason I too got the warning.

I later started looking at other threads and discovered SERPO and from there did research on that subject both at Open Minds and on the open web. There I discovered RU and a few other Forums and found the information I wanted to find, to answer my questions about that hoax.

I truly don't understand the mind of a hoaxer and why they would want to do it in the first place. To me, there is absolutely nothing worse than a liar.

In all these years, I read noot's posts at various sites and eventually got the pleasure to actually meet him online and have discussion with him along with just plain old fun banter and general chit chat. He has told me I am stupid, a fool among a few other things that made me feel sad for a moment or two, but throughout these two years that I have known him, none of that has changed my opinion of him. He makes me think. He makes me consider everything and he allows me to have my own opinion even if he disagrees with it. The things he says to make me think may be harsh sometimes but if it wasn't put to me the way he does it, I may not make that effort to think it out. He is a very smart man with an incredible sense of humour and a heart that is so very kind if times are tough.

To ban someone for giving their thoughts on an open Forum is to say I did not like your words so be done with you. To continue a discussion and get your point across and allow another to get theirs across is truly what a discussion Forum should be, even if what is said may hurt a little or make you angry.

You have a very smart man posting here, don't go to the he said she said discussion and rehash the past, do here what you were not successful in doing at OMF and that is have open discussion, opinions and thoughts equal for all. If you do this, you may actually succeed and learn new things.

Chris
12-22-2011, 07:10 PM
There are different places out there that have different posting styles and rules. This is not Amkon, for example. Neither was OM. What is OK in one location is not necessarily OK elsewhere.

Nobody questions Kim's intelligence but we do question his wisdom and narcissistic need to call attention to himself.

Now, can we get back on to the topic of this particular thread?

Pam
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Certainly........ what is your purpose of being on the Kevin Smith Show? Is it about you and your new Forum or is there a particular subject you will be talking about.

Also.... I do realize there are different posting styles at different places and I will be careful to not have the same behaviour here that I may have at Amkon or OM or The Diabetes Forum ;)

I wouldn't question noot's wisdom, perhaps his need to call attention to himself but I do think he is making others think, not calling attention :D

Doc
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Certainly........ what is your purpose of being on the Kevin Smith Show? Is it about you and your new Forum or is there a particular subject you will be talking about.

Also.... I do realize there are different posting styles at different places and I will be careful to not have the same behaviour here that I may have at Amkon or OM or The Diabetes Forum ;)

I wouldn't question noot's wisdom, perhaps his need to call attention to himself but I do think he is making others think, not calling attention :D

You are indeed entitled to that opinion and I thank you for helping to keep it civil! :angel_not:

Chris
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM

It is "Open Lines" night on the Kevin Smith Show tonight. So, it is open to whatever direction the callers take it.

I will be talking about TOP and what we have coming up here for everyone in the very near future.

Doc
12-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I just finished listening to the show. Kevin Smith was very generous to give so much time to The OutPost. If he reads here again this is a big "Thank You from all of us at The OutPost forum!"

Thymamai
12-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Anywhere I can go to listen to this if I missed it live?

Chris
12-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Anywhere I can go to listen to this if I missed it live?

You might still be able to listen to it by clicking one the "watch free tonight" on his home page.