PDA

View Full Version : Synchronistic Messages

newyorklily
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Christmas is not my favorite holiday, especially since most of my family died. Most of this weekend I spent remembering how things were in the past and wishing that Grandpa, Grandma and Mom were still here with me.

Just as in previous years, I am late with mailing out my Christmas cards. I thought I had some left from last year but I couldn’t find them so I went out to the CVS Drug Store to buy a box before the managers packed them away for next year.

At first, I didn’t see any boxes that I really liked so I went to look at the single cards. There weren’t many left, and most of them were money holders. Then I saw one that had written on the front, “Merry Christmas, Granddaughter”. It wasn’t one of those cutesy cards for a little kid. The picture and message inside was more for an adult. Grandpa was the one who used to buy the Christmas cards and this is the kind of card he would have bought for me.

While fighting back the tears (and not doing a very good job of it), I just knew this was Grandma and Grandpa wishing me a Merry Christmas. It was their way of telling me that, even after death, they are not far away from me.

Could this be coincidence? Perhaps. But, if you look at what I have written, you can see all the little steps that had to happen in order for this one event to take place. I’ve seen this happen too many times to dismiss it. I know that it is real “cause and effects” along paths we might not even be aware of. And, when coincidences happen frequently, they can no longer be considered coincidences.

Have any of you had something similar happen?

southerncross
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh yes indeedee. If I wrote about how many times there had been synchronistic things happen I'd be here all night.
I can discount many as coincidence, but some just defied reason. But I now what you mean.
I have none of my family alive now, yet I have my husband's and I am grateful for that.
I hope you had a good holiday never the less and that the new Year is good to us all.
The world needs a great deal of renewal right now. Maybe a new year will help inspire that.