PDA

View Full Version : Save your favorite threads before they are all gone...

Fore
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi folks, if you are an old member of the now defunct forum. It is time to save all those threads from the past for your personal viewing pleasure.

Whatever is going on over there, it is nearing the end for many seemingly previously popular threads at the "old hangout".

It is time you saved any lingering posts you might have wanted to keep for posterities sake or made if you valued it and your time at the "old hangout". Lots of threads are apparently being prepared for the chopping block and for removal, so go fetch it before it is [very potentially) deleted by the one whom now controls the old hangout.

Some of the irreplaceable history is (apparently) being put on the chopping block. (my threads as well)

(Mods feel free to lock this thread as I just wanted to give people the immediate heads up on probably the last hours of many important threads getting cleaned out or removed from history.)

murmur
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
What is going on back there?

I mean...it's crazy talk right?

noot
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Looks like the Bren has finally flipped out. Amazing.

Fore
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I think I actually misunderstood the situation. Upon analyzing the situation, it appears he is actually crafty.

-------[POSTULATION]------

Not all of the threads are being deleted. The situation as described in the thread titled "Reported Posts - Audit - 2011 - Inbox" gives us a clue that someone (stupidly malicious) has apparently reported an insane number of threads at the "old hangout". From the title and names they are picking every popular thread. I don't see a particular pattern to the reporting other than they are the most recently frequented threads. (well some of them are at least)

He is posting pictures on the situation of the reporting, which I cannot directly access at this time, but which are clearly some kind of reports being recieved or issued by Proboards.(probably via PM)
It seems there are about 4 or 5 whole pages of reported incidents!? :confused:

The one whom controls the old hangout appears to be reassigning new thread ID's to the old threads by moving them around multiple times so (the likeliest postulation is that) Proboards Adminstration will check to see *IF* the threads have actually been corrected for whatever it was reported for....

Instead when they navigate to the old thread ID's they will instead find a notation that the old thread ID's do not exist anymore. Then assume that they were deleted. (genius)

If so, that is sheer genius!

What I witnessed might not be selective deletions but instead a very (probably) cunning plan to hoodwink Proboards when they follow the old links in the reports.

For example, my old thread ID in the encounters section is #1953.

http://***********.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=research&action=display&thread=1953

But all the old threads now have very new thread ID's in or around the sequential range of 11100. I have been busy backing up the board for my own offline copy. So I noticed the changes in these recent days and have therefore been waiting for the threads to normalize.
-------[POSTULATION]------

The problem is, *if* he does that, and someone reports the multitude of threads once again *or points out the circumvention technique* it would mean the "old hangout" is obliterated upon them finding out. It is a very risky manuver. But one I am surprised to see [if that is the case].

The man is very bold and sharp, I must give him that much.

The obvious problem is that he is gambling on proboards potentially never finding it out....LOL

It is like playing a game of chicken with a Semi...only for the bold and the brave!

---------------------
---------------------

Anyway, I still strongly suggest people make a personal back up copy of their written content for their own benefit. As the man is probably gambling his good luck on one heck of a throw of the dice.

ScaRZ
12-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes Fore,I've noticed the strange happenings.

noot
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
My money's on Moriarty.

Chris
01-05-2012, 05:48 AM
None of the above is accurate. Multiple complaints have been made to ProBoards.

So yes, before they self-immolate, you might want to save your favorite posts.

murmur
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM
No one is burning the omf house down but Bren himself

But I got to say, it's about the most interesting drama to occur there in a while....besides a few of my socks...hahaha

Chris
01-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Chris:

I have resisted stepping into the fray so to speak, but if I may add something I have not seen too much of.....

Obviously, there is going to be some bad blood in the division that is/has taken place recently. Some of us are in this room and others are in the other, but we are all still under the same roof searching for the same answers.... This we have in common.... Why must it spill from high to cover those low?

For those who may or may not have intentions to bring the house down 'there' - bear in mind - in doing so - those who once supported you will also lose many hours/years invested to you while you were in the 'other' room.. Could this not all be alleviated by a small amount of 'higher road' or 'cheek turning'? I for one would hate to see Scarz's thread and a few others threads to vanish from posterity. As Former admins, etc. I would hope to think that this should be about 'us' in a house now further divided.

We don't burn the house down to get even with the father we have grown to hate along with the innocents that reside with him. At least, I hope not...

This is not directed at anyone particular, but more in a universal sense...

We do not take any pleasure in watching the events unfolding at OM. All of us have several thousand posts and thousands of hours of our time and effort invested there.

We are following a course that is not of our choosing but is one that we thoroughly embrace.

The only constant in life is change. And we believe that The OutPost is a change for the better.

We encourage everyone to move forward yet to bring with them the important elements and lessons learned from the past.

Lee
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Chris:

I have resisted stepping into the fray so to speak, but if I may add something I have not seen too much of.....

Obviously, there is going to be some bad blood in the division that is/has taken place recently. Some of us are in this room and others are in the other, but we are all still under the same roof searching for the same answers.... This we have in common.... Why must it spill from high to cover those low?

For those who may or may not have intentions to bring the house down 'there' - bear in mind - in doing so - those who once supported you will also lose many hours/years invested to you while you were in the 'other' room.. Could this not all be alleviated by a small amount of 'higher road' or 'cheek turning'? I for one would hate to see Scarz's thread and a few others threads to vanish from posterity. As Former admins, etc. I would hope to think that this should be about 'us' in a house now further divided.

We don't burn the house down to get even with the father we have grown to hate along with the innocents that reside with him. At least, I hope not...

This is not directed at anyone particular, but more in a universal sense...
Thanks for sharing your perspective, mdonnall. I'm pretty sure that none of us here wants to "burn the house down", remember each of us former staff members also invested many years of hard work in that "other room".

ScaRZ
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
@mdonnall2002

It would be a shame to see so many good threads vanish.

I'm not saying anything that doesn't need saying. I could really care less who is in charge,just so you have good leadership.

I don't care if it's in business or a forum. You need good leadership or you have nothing. Good leadership does not show up every now and then. Good leadership is out front and is seen and heard. Good leadership doesn't show up only when there is a problem.

A good leader can move people in a positive direction by his/her/their actions taken.

Once a battle is fought and the landscape is in ruins,good leadership is needed more than ever. You can't continue to point to what was. A good leadership excepts the now and points to the future and what can be if "We" work together.

Dragonfire
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Well stated, Scarz, well stated.

Fore
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
@mdonnall2002

It would be a shame to see so many good threads vanish. Hi ScaRz,

I wouldn't worry too much about this. There are lots of people making backup copies for commentary purposes under "the fair" use act. Well, one hopes?

I'm not saying anything that doesn't need saying. I could really care less who is in charge,just so you have good leadership.

I don't care if it's in business or a forum. You need good leadership or you have nothing. Good leadership does not show up every now and then. Good leadership is out front and is seen and heard. Good leadership doesn't show up only when there is a problem.

A good leader can move people in a positive direction by his/her/their actions taken.

Once a battle is fought and the landscape is in ruins,good leadership is needed more than ever. You can't continue to point to what was. A good leadership excepts the now and points to the future and what can be if "We" work together.

You put forth an excellent example of what it means to be a leader. From history to the present, it has never changed very much what it takes to be a good leader when it comes to a leadership position.

Fore
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Dear Bren;
Agreed.
I have been reading these guys unfounded accusations...especially whinning and complaining.
To my mind...this is making a mountain out of a mole hill.
They are making things difficult for the staff.
I believe their postings are still within the threads and I for one ain't doing homework for them...for sure!
Will look forward to reading those logs to clear the stale air.
Cheers;
GW ;D

PS: Should they continue to make unnecessary noises.
I urge discipline, Bren, in order to bring the temperature down.

http://i39.tinypic.com/rctqnn.png

GW is quite probably the Grandad of the Mods in "the old place". Yet what he has to say is not inspiring ample confidence when taken with the following in mind.

(Please note this is publicly available and has been for a long time, He (Like I) made the assumption that this visitor message were not publicly visible.)

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/member.php?55-Fore <-- My member page

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/converse.php?u=384&u2=55 <-- Direct link to the message

I respect him and always have/will, but...well...even the firmest hand of GW shakes given the light of current circumstances.

--------------------------------

We should all feel a moment of pause when even the most diehard support has his doubts. If you don't know why that is sobering and solemn in it's own way. You should stand in former leaders shoes as he asks: "Et tu Brute?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_tu,_Brute%3F

P.S. Save your threads!

Bigpappy51
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone Im so glad to be here. Ed and I have been accused of lying, now I read yesterday someone posted that we are possibly trying to promote new sites Heres a direct quote:

"Anyone consider the underlying motivation is marketing the new sites?"

This is ridiculous. My whole goal was to try to find out why and who was deleting and moving threads around. It became so confusing but I spent 24hrs straight looking at what was going on over there and putting all my findings up for members to see before things could be changed. I had not once mentioned any other sites at all.

I was always a huge fan of OMF when Cris Iverson was involved. I cant say I'm a fan any longer. When I tried to log in at that place it said I was suspended until Dec 22 1969 ??? Now what does that mean?

I'm glad I have this forum to address these issues. Judging by my suspension date I would have to go back in time to become a member again LOL. So for any of you who think that I'm not answering anyone over there or hiding I'm currently suspended till Dec 22 1969 what ever that means :confused:.

Ed had nothing to do with John Lear leaving he quit Ed didn't force John hes a grown man who makes his own decisions. Remember he said I'm out of here and was gone. It had to do with a thread that involved a so called whistleblower named Viper who Ed recognized quickly as a fraud on Bill Birnes show Future Theater. There was a thread on OMF about Viper I remember it like it was yesterday I dont think the threads there anylonger I looked couldn't find it but I recall most of it.

Here's a link to Bill Birnes Show http://www.futuretheater.com/tom-carey-examines-the-vipe.html

In the link above you can see if you read down John Lear had some words for Bill Birnes while filming part of a show about Dulce at Lears house for UFOHunters. John Lear says the following on March 5th by the way and Nancy is Bills Birnes wife.

I'll tell you what Nancy, it not anywhere's near the sting I got from Bill after giving him a 2 hour interview about Dulce at my home. As they were wrapping Bill took me out in the backyard and whispered confidentially, "You don't really believe any of the Dulce stuff do you John?" He's lucky he didn't get my boot right square in his backside.

What goes around comes around.

Respectfully,
John Lear

Then Bill absolutely 100% tells Lear that hey I never ever said that. John says back hey Sorry if it was not you. Well I would think that John could tell the difference between Bill Birnes and any of the other people who were there. Hes very small man and wears aviation sunglasses at night plus John knows him from the show and the magazine. So either John made this up about Bill or Bill is lying. If you watch the show Bill Birnes is promoting everything John had said and shown Bill even though they were drawings so I will leave this up to you take a look at. "UFO Hunters Underground Bases Dulce"

The point I'm making here is that John Lear was already upset with Bill Birnes and was mad that Ed who debunked Viper. If you had listened to this guy Viper on the radio this guy was full of it no doubt Ed debunked the guy pretty easily.

So on that other site Ed was debunking Viper and John was not happy with Ed from day one. A MOD told Lear to modify a post because he was not complying with TOS. He refused the post was deleted then on March 11th John quit on his own the infamous "Im outa Here" Thread. Knowone can make decisions for John Lear he quit on his own. I just wanted to clear this up.

If anyone has a questions Id love to answer them. A once perfectly good forum great forum is now only a shadow of what it once was in my opinion.

:cool:Bigpappy51:cool:

Dood
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I would add...To download all your PMs too.
That was one nice feature about Proboards is that you can download all of your PMs.
I did it...all 2600+ of them! :biggrin2:
I never deleted a single PM.

Another nice feature is that you can tell if someone has read a PM (or at least opened it).
I have two still sitting there unopened.
I guess Admin is too busy... :rolleyes:

Fore
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
This is ridiculous. My whole goal was to try to find out why and who was deleting and moving threads around. It became so confusing but I spent 24hrs straight looking at what was going on over there and putting all my findings up for members to see before things could be changed.

Part of the deletions are being done by Proboards (abuse department) itself, this I can confirm today as I just had them delete a number of posts that are clearly libel/slander.

So I witnessed the silent deletions myself in real time as I conversed with the abuse department at Proboards.

(Keep in mind I have only reported 3 different incidents before this time since December 1st, I don't know whom is making a ton of reports that are listed in the 28.11 thread)

------------------------------

As for whom is moving around threads, if you look carefully at whom is named, it is the current (and only) Admin of "the old hangout".

Why are some threads are only lightly edited...while others are [seemingly] outright deleted...I do not know the answer.

But if you allow me to speculate, I assume it is because there is content which violates Proboards TOS. Even though a "best effort" was done to clean threads in the past (before the sychizm) there is still alot of content that violates the Proboards TOS.

I therefore assume, that Admin of "the old Hangout" is doing a thorough job of cleaning the many multitudes of threads. It is not a job that anyone would be happy to take upon themselves...of that I am sure. As for why certain threads disappear, probably a mix of Admin and a mix of Proboards (abuse department).

---------------------------------

The bigger question is why are people being kept in the dark about this? It seems kinda obvious.

The rumor mill is already running at full tilt about there being some "Ghost" involved in the disappearance of threads. These ideas could be easily dispelled by simply asking Admin or simply asking Proboards. The silence serves no one in that regard. Unless rumor is the intent going forward?

P.S. Considering what I have said....Backup your threads!

murmur
01-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I thought is might be interesting to some of you.......

Regarding that long winded post from Archistrategos......Arch....lucianarchy. They are aware that Bren probably has the most socks on OMF than anyone else ever had, right? Even more than Mur lol.

I think Bren is bleeping with them. And since he is the last and only Admin, no one can check to see if it is a Bren sock anymore.

http://amkon.net/showthread.php/21760-Notice!-You-are-hereby-terminated-by-the-Borg?p=759150&viewfull=1#post759150 (http://amkon.net/showthread.php/21760-Notice%21-You-are-hereby-terminated-by-the-Borg?p=759150&viewfull=1#post759150)

norenrad
01-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I kind of backed up my thread here, it wasn't very big anyway and I had a chance to edit out some stuff. I think it looks pretty spiffy here anyway.

Fore
01-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Regarding that long winded post from Archistrategos......Arch....lucianarchy.The alter-ego has probably come out?

The words and phrases are littered with (IMO) Brens writing style of expressions. I am glad that I was not the only one to notice it. The words indicate an ~alter ego~ has likely become dominant. [Speculation]

The first post expresses alot of deep frustration and a probable feelings of helplessness. The comments of receiving harm from others while smiling indicates that the "alter-ego" is probably reading this forum and has read both the Ceaser quote I made and the comment by GW. The commentary that follows in that thread is made in (IMO) a hostile manner towards GW. Likely because of what has been read. What is interesting is that CY and probably GW to some extent are probably ~aware~ or realize that something is "a-miss". Hence the comments to "go back into the shell" are probably not a coincidence.

A disturbing development if there ever was one....

Probably seeing GW say that comment on this forum was way too much to properly process?

Lets hope this is nothing more than rabid speculation and that the pendulum swings firmly the other way.

murmur
01-07-2012, 12:59 AM
soooo....I've heard it from more than one source for years now that the ruler of the old room is the King of Socks.

What I'd really like to know is which accts were his. ( no answer expected nor required)

And then there is Rick......nothing sinister but.... ( I'll be nice since you are reading :biggrin2: )..... but I find him a more interesting subject than the fellow across the pond.

Fore
01-07-2012, 01:04 AM
soooo....I've heard it from more than one source for years now that the ruler of the old room is the King of Socks.

What I'd really like to know is which accts were his. ( no answer expected nor required)

And then there is Rick......nothing sinister but.... ( I'll be nice since you are reading :biggrin2: )..... but I find him a more interesting subject than the fellow across the pond.

I should say at this point that the purpose of this thread is to explain that people get their boots into gear and backup that "Old place". Not that we devolve into random gossip. I suggest the scope of this thread remain extremely limited and very "tight checked".

We ought to probably lay off the unnecessary comments unless it is required. (IMHO)

Fore
01-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I should say at this point that the purpose of this thread is to explain that people get their boots into gear and backup that "Old place". Not that we devolve into random gossip. I suggest the scope of this thread remain extremely limited and very "tightly checked".

In other words I think you ought to go start a thread for "that sort of thing".

We ought to probably lay off the unnecessary comments unless it is required. (IMHO)

Consider that everything we say has a non-random effect on others feelings and state of mind. (Probably)

murmur
01-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Well I hope Mr Iceberg has Dan backed up since he has gone surfing in Costa Rica.

And I don't believe I have posted anything detrimental to anyone's state of mind.

Hurt feelings are another matter...but I don't believe I'm alone on that charge

nibs
01-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Finally caught up a bit here. Seeing that "final warning" thread, doesn't look too good for that place. For what it's worth and or just in case.... I've 100% burned to disc and on my puter Both of ScaRZ threads. With the exception of the past few pages....

nibs
01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Well I hope Mr Iceberg has Dan backed up since he has gone surfing in Costa Rica.

And I don't believe I have posted anything detrimental to anyone's state of mind.

Hurt feelings are another matter...but I don't believe I'm alone on that charge

Well it's easy enough to do, the problem with da man Dan is that his content is MUCH.... Besides I'm pretty sure I recall he and an ex admin both stating they were backing up his threads...

norenrad
01-07-2012, 03:05 AM
How do you back up threads? Is it something that can be done automatically or is it all manual copy and paste?

Fore
01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
How do you back up threads? Is it something that can be done automatically or is it all manual copy and paste?Scroll to the top of the thread page. Then look at the top right corner. Press the button print and a new view should show with all the text.

See if that helps.

norenrad
01-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Then "save as", cool.

Dood
01-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Finally caught up a bit here. Seeing that "final warning" thread, doesn't look too good for that place. For what it's worth and or just in case.... I've 100% burned to disc and on my puter Both of ScaRZ threads. With the exception of the past few pages....

Good GAWD...That had to take some work.... :bleh::biggrin2:

Scroll to the top of the thread page. Then look at the top right corner. Press the button print and a new view should show with all the text.

See if that helps.
Ahh...I did not read this far...
I NEVER knew this was available......haha!

ScaRZ
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey Mur,I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words at the Amkon Forum. It amazes me sometimes how much hatred comes out of the heart of people.

Also Nib,thank you once again for backing up the thread.

noot
01-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Best not to confuse truth with hatred. Don't forget about that double edged sword, mang.

noot
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Good to see you. And good to see you making sense.

Fore
01-08-2012, 08:43 PM
9 complaints is alot!

Well that explains at least a larger portion of the pages of reports.

----------------

I think I know of someone whom has a 4GB+ backup of "a forum". If I recall correctly (and my memory is potentially "fuzzy" at this very moment) it is a functional offline copy that can be navigated through as if you were online.

I believe (If I am not mistaken) that it was made prior to the whackiness you described above Ed.

----------------

Changing subjects, as I see it, the most contributing factor in the shutdown of "the old place" is the fact that there is little or no Moderation going on. The members over there are making more fire to burn the whole house down.

Never in the history of it's short (and honorable) existence has there ever been so much mayhem, slander and libel posted in all its pages. I am sure the most prominent members (over there) will tear the forum to the ground on the newest trajectory that our old friend has set it upon. Now the most prominent members have started to attack one another in a sort of [social] cannibal carnival.

The only special guest (that is still active) and remains is being forced out the door. With friends such as these...whom actually needs enemies?

I think the most prominent members that remain have come to the conclusion that "the old place" has "given up the ghost" and are now busily dancing amok (Lord of the Flies style) merrily around the fire of its demise. De-Evolution is definitely in progress...

My question is: Have you backed up what you wanted to back up??

My second question is: Where will the most prominent members go next once the ashes have settled??
(Don't answer that!)

If you have not yet backed up your threads or the most important and "save worthy" posts yet....now is the time folks! Don't wait until it is too late. Only God can save "the old place" at this point. (I am Kidding about that)

norenrad
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks like the old place is gone, that or I got suspended.

murmur
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
It's gone

http://i42.tinypic.com/bgcr2c.png

Pam
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I was banned there for sticking up for Dove when a couple of mods with no actual mod control were giving her a bad time for absolutely no reason.

I was just reading after the ban, but the whole Website seems to be down now, looks like Pro-boards has suspended the account.

ScaRZ
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
@Fore

"Where will the most prominent members go next once the ashes have settled??"

I can't answer for anyone else,only myself. I'm a member here so I will be dropping in from time to time. I may post something every now and then,but I think I would take some time off from Ufology type forums. My interest in mainstream Ufology as a whole is about like 0 at this point and has been for a few years now. Most of it in my opinion is uninteresting with the same fake this and fake that. Scammers running more scams.

I'm also a member at RU and a Christian Forum and need to get involved more. I just don't have the time to read and post how I would like to everywhere.

If OM is no more I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

A very good thing is just a blink away........."One window closes,and another window opens." Where The Lord leads me,that is where I will go. To be honest if every word I've ever posted is lost,it can be re-born somewhere else. Out with the old,in with the new. A good spring housecleaning is not a bad thing,if you see the big picture.

Pam
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Hahahahaha Mur, that's what I am getting but I am not really very techie to get the image and post it ;)

epo333
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
It's gone

http://i42.tinypic.com/bgcr2c.png

Sad, but true atm.

Pam
01-08-2012, 11:01 PM
It is sad because there was a lot of interesting information there to read through, especially on a rainy day when you just want to watch some videos or read some weird stories.

mdonnall2002
01-09-2012, 12:21 AM
@Fore

"Where will the most prominent members go next once the ashes have settled??"

I can't answer for anyone else,only myself. I'm a member here so I will be dropping in from time to time. I may post something every now and then,but I think I would take some time off from Ufology type forums. My interest in mainstream Ufology as a whole is about like 0 at this point and has been for a few years now.

A very good thing is just a blink away........."One window closes,and another window opens." Where The Lord leads me,that is where I will go. To be honest if every word I've ever posted is lost,it can be re-born somewhere else. Out with the old,in with the new. A good spring housecleaning is not a bad thing,if you see the big picture.

Keep me posted on Michael's work, Scarz.

So many things could be said at a time like this or should be said, but it would fall on deaf ears and deaf minds. There are those who so vainly place their ego, pride, and vanities at such a precious price - that they would silence hundreds if not thousand of truth-seekers - most likely cannot be reached.

(Universal in scope)

Perhaps the story will eventually be allowed to see the light from those who took their torches into the wilderness.

We can hope...

neverwas
01-09-2012, 01:30 AM
vectorian here, I did a name change here,
Sad it went down, I didn't have a lot of time to go back through things anyway, thank goodness ScaRZ thread was saved.
There were a lot of good links there.
Something tells me mag will be upset.
Guess I'll keep a watch here for anything new.
I'm still reading Micheals book. On about page 60 or so. Please do keep us posted ScaRZ.
I'm just trying to keep an eye on the way all the big picture is playing out.
Keep a Watch !

Pam
01-09-2012, 01:55 AM
I guess TOP will have a few new members signing up here soon for those addicted to these types of Forums. I even notice a few of the "mods" from OMF have signed in here again.

Its nice that it is a little more lax here and apparently no hard feelings :D

murmur
01-09-2012, 02:10 AM
hahaha....just when you thought the coast was clear...

anyone catch that Broncos game?:D

murmur
01-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I guess TOP will have a few new members signing up here soon for those addicted to these types of Forums. I even notice a few of the "mods" from OMF have signed in here again.

Its nice that it is a little more lax here and apparently no hard feelings :D

You spoke too soon.....

Anyone see Cyrellys?

:biggrin2:

murmur
01-09-2012, 02:13 AM
What we really need here are the moderating skills of the great greatwaller.

If only he was a senior moderator here as well.

Pam
01-09-2012, 02:19 AM
You spoke too soon.....

Anyone see Cyrellys?

:biggrin2:

Hahahahaha.... I have a knack for that you know.

I'm sure she is reading here as a lurker, along with at Amkon. For some strange reason she had to get some digs in on me, perhaps because I was honest and correct and she saw her faults.

Wasn't there another poster that went by the name of Avenger at OMF? Another sock? It can be so confusing sometimes murmur.

:biggrin2: :angel_not:

murmur
01-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I hereby demand

I demand you and Ed play nice here or don't play at all.

That being said, i have a great deal of respect for you.

I also respect Ed.

But bickering is so unseemly.

Let's just all take a couple of deep breaths.

murmur
01-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Wasn't there another poster that went by the name of Avenger at OMF? Another sock? It can be so confusing sometimes murmur.

:biggrin2: :angel_not:

Yeah...but Avenger here appears to be the famous Zorgon.

His research is impressive.

I kinda like Ed too.

Definitely oil and water though.

Sticky situation for the new room.

Fore
01-09-2012, 02:22 AM

So many things could be said at a time like this or should be said, but it would fall on deaf ears and deaf minds. There are those who so vainly place their ego, pride, and vanities at such a precious price - that they would silence hundreds if not thousand of truth-seekers - most likely cannot be reached.

(Universal in scope)

Perhaps the story will eventually be allowed to see the light from those who took their torches into the wilderness.

We can hope...I personally feel you are a peacekeeper in your own right, mdonnall. I read your pleas when you made them as well as Jakes.

My 3 reports to Proboards over the course of a month were legitimate. The person I reported (A99) made clear accusations about me that were not real. Even up to the last few hours they were still at it. I think Jake was the only one to ever rebuff her about it, for that he caught immediate flak from her. I believe she called him a traitor openly in front of everyone.

One way to see this situation is that the only Admin left, was no longer acting as a restraining or moderating force. Either by intention or not, I don't know, but....people ran amok.

Admin had 2 or 3 other ~assigned~ moderators but chose not to *empower them* to do the tasks they could have done *by themselves*. That is a major contributing factor for what put OM at risk with Proboards. It is pretty easy to Ban someone whom habitually distorts events or makes up things. Three clicks is all it really takes.

As the situation De-Evolved is it any wonder why the forum was pulled as things get out of hand and people reported repeated offenses?

---------------------------

I mean sure, you could simply *not* report it, but then whom is going to put a [stop] to it? (nobody)

A few members let the freedom overrun their [unbalanced] head (IMO).

I'd like to think that even knowing their own behavior was putting the forum at risk....some of these folks could not really restrain themselves.

ScaRZ
01-09-2012, 02:23 AM

(Universal in scope)

We can hope...

Sure mdonnall2002 , I will see about posting it somewhere here at The Outpost. If one of the Mods or Staff Members are reading this send me a PM and direct me to the best area. I don't want to post it in the wrong main thread. It's Michael Heiser's work and is Biblical in nature,covering other ancient text as well.

Pam
01-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Yeah...but Avenger here appears to be the famous Zorgon.

His research is impressive.

I kinda like Ed too.

Definitely oil and water though.

Sticky situation for the new room.

Time for a group hug maybe?

Fore
01-09-2012, 02:26 AM
vectorian here, I did a name change here,
Sad it went down, I didn't have a lot of time to go back through things anyway, thank goodness ScaRZ thread was saved.
There were a lot of good links there. Even I don't think I captured it all.

I started reading sections of the forum that I hadn't read before in many years. It is interesting to go over these old threads.

Something tells me mag will be upset. :angel_not:

Pam
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM
I personally think that reporting to Proboards with complaints was probably childish and harmful. A simple request should have been made asking that the threads or posts in question be deleted (with actual links to the posts in question), and then given a time limit for such deletion with a warning that if they were not removed then further action would be taken with Proboards.

Sadly, some petty spats have shut down a wealth of information and years of research provided by many members, who won here? Really?

Doc
01-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Thread locked. Any offending posts have been removed. We allowed discussion of events at Open Minds so our members could express their feelings and talk to one another. Do not import old fights from OM to this forum. It is over. If you want to fight go somewhere where they rent boxing gloves. We have loose rules and light moderation here. If those rules are too oppressive for you there are many forums where you will find the atmosphere more suitable.

Any offending posts are going to be removed on sight.

Chris
01-09-2012, 04:07 AM
I personally think that reporting to Proboards with complaints was probably childish and harmful. A simple request should have been made asking that the threads or posts in question be deleted (with actual links to the posts in question), and then given a time limit for such deletion with a warning that if they were not removed then further action would be taken with Proboards.

Sadly, some petty spats have shut down a wealth of information and years of research provided by many members, who won here? Really?

Actually, that is what happened. It was never anyone's intent to shutdown OM. And I am personally saddened that all it took was one person to do it.

But the focus needs to be here and now.....and the future. As ScaRZ said - there is nothing that was written there that can't be recreated here or elsewhere.