PDA

View Full Version : Investigation tools for your phone

newyorklily
11-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Recently I got an Android phone (LG Optimus V) so I went searching for cool apps that would help me with UFO and Paranormal investigations. Here is what I got (so far :) ):

1) Someone suggested "Space Junk" for an astronomy app. There is a "Pro" for $4.99 and the regular one (which is free). Since I am new at this and have no idea what I'm looking at or how to use them, I decided to go for the free version. I haven't tried it outdoors yet but, in my apartment, I just point it in a direction and it shows me which constellations and major stars are in the sky (day or night).

2) "Magneto Metal/EMF Detector". A free app that uses a part of the phone to dectect EMF in the area. It shows them in numbers, colors and graphs. I don't know if it will help me determine if a ghost is nearby but it does show me where the live wires are in my walls.

Has anyone else found apps that they find helpful in the UFO and Paranormal fields? List them here.

Garuda
11-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Lil. That 'space junk' sounds interesting: it could help avoid the 'Venus' sightings.

Is it possible to set a time and date and location to see what things looked like at a given place, time?
(Stellarium, which at present is not yet available for Android but should be in the near future, does allow you to do that).

I've just done a quick search: these are three more astronomy apps for android:

- SkEye
- Vortex Planetarium
- Skymap ( http://www.google.com/mobile/skymap/ )

But as I don't have an android, I don't know whether they're any good.

Might be worthwhile checking them out.

Musado
11-20-2011, 08:36 AM
- Skymap ( http://www.google.com/mobile/skymap/ )

I use this & it's pretty good

Dood
11-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Me not have a Smart Phone...
Dood is just a CaveMan....He do not understand your 21st century ways...

Garuda
11-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I always figured I'm smart, so I don't need my phone to be... :biggrin2: :angel_not: :lmao:

Lee
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I have a satelite tracker - Satelite AR - and Google Sky on my phone. Both very good tools.

The EMF detector sounds very interesting, I'll download that, thanks Lily!

Dragonfire
11-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Someday I might get one of those there smart phones. Anybody know their IQ?

Chris
11-26-2011, 01:31 AM

If you need to ask then you don't have a need to know!

;)

calikid
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Funny you should mention IQ, that is the name of the tracker program everyone is up in arms about.
Carrier IQ.

If you have a smartPhone you may want to d/l the free app (at the app store) from Voodoo software the checks your phone to see if you are being tracked.
Try Google of Carrier IQ for the low down...

JoeBG
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I installed "Space Junk Free" on Samsung Galaxy - it works perfect on this phone. It showed the correct place of the moon. I pointed my phone down to the ground and it showed that the sun is on the other side (yes, it was night). It showed the position if Huble Telescope but my telescope was not near me, so I was not able to verify it but I guess it was right. Still it does not show Nibiru... :(

Doc
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Ordinarily, I'd be making fun of smart phones too but I find mine too useful and I'm not an early adopter or a power user. Back in the day I had to carry an appointment book of some size, a reference for medications and a small DSM reference. That meant either a bag or bulging pockets. Now, it is all in my phone. The medication reference updates itself weekly, sometimes more often. Oh, yeah, and I can check both email accounts in real time because it tells me to! And it backs itself up when it gets bored.

Someone said the other day that not too long ago a King could not have bought such a thing with all the riches of his realm. I paid $49.95 with a $50 rebate. :yes:

Marvin
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Tricorder (by Kenneth Lakin), its free, its fun and it tests your Android's "sensors." Good app for Star Trek fans too.

Doc
03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Tricorder?

"He's dead, Jim." :biggrin2: