PDA

View Full Version : BFRO: The show

Dragonfire
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Here is a place to discus the BFRO show. They have some amazing footage pesented there. The last I just saw was a repeat of the North Carolina Uwharrie National Forest sighting. Sorry to say I missed the newest show.

Doc
01-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Cryptozoology is one of my favorite topics. I started checking the old website again recently. I'm looking forward to getting caught up.

Dragonfire
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
The new season started last week I think. Crypto is one of my favorites too.

calikid
01-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Sorry, for those of us not "in the know", what exactly IS BFRO?

I get the BF=Big Foot

calikid
01-13-2012, 02:17 AM
I always associated Big Foot with the giant Sequoias of California.

And the Yeti with Himalaya mountains.

Are there "other" areas worldwide with similar reports?

mrwupy
01-13-2012, 02:59 AM
The show is really just starting out so I'm holding out hope for it, but I still have my doubts. If I hear one of them say squatch again I might just stop watching. Bobo swears that every sound and shadow is a Bigfoot so I take him with a grain of salt. He wants to believe too badly. That said,

I hope they make ALL the news channels cause one runs out and beats the crap out of the whole crew on camera. NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH WATCHING!

I've seen a Bigfoot with my own eyes and yes, I'm a true believer they exist.

This show, I hope it goes somewhere, but like I said I have my doubts.

Garuda
01-13-2012, 04:49 AM
I always associated Big Foot with the giant Sequoias of California.

And the Yeti with Himalaya mountains.

Are there "other" areas worldwide with similar reports?

Yep, there are.

Africa has got its own version, with black hair.

And sightings of 'Yeti' are not limited to the Himalayas but go all the way to Siberia.

PS: BFRO = Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization: www.bfro.net

ProblemChild
01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I've been following the Sasquatch saga for a while now. I think the Finding Bigfoot show is excellent for raising the profile of the subject above the tabloid level. However I think the frustrations and limitations of producing a tv show make it unlikely that they will blunder into a Bigfoot. That said the evidence they highlight from ordinary people from the areas they visit is very interesting.

At the moment the big thing's in the Bigfoot world ar Dr Melba Ketchum's peer reviewed DNA study and the Seirra Kills/ Justin Smeja bigfoot shooting.

I would recommend Shawn's blog at http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/ to get up to speed on the issues, evidence and unfortunately, ego's in the modern bigfoot world.

I have a friend in Australia that send's me UFO related things and he has also pointed me in the direction of some interesting "Yowie" research.

I've a hard drive bulging with stuff that I'm happy to post if anyone's interested.

Dragonfire
01-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Please do. If need be start a new thread.

I agree about the show. I douby very much they will actually run into Bigfoot. But the evidence they present from witnesses is very good. Some of the evidence I agree with, some I don't.

Entertaining to say the least.

Redbone
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
What I like about the show is they actually investigate locations of sighting and interview witnesses. What I don't like is the over dramatic, "There's a Squatch in these woods!" reaction to every sound or animal call they hear. I would like to see them go into a investigation with more professional skepticism. I had an encounter with a Bigfoot, I know what they look like and how they react. Therefore I can tell instantly if a potential witness is lying or not, just by the way they describe the creature and the encounter. I've spent many hours in or near wooded area's at night, the sounds play tricks on you. Ever thump, crash or howl is not a Bigfoot!! For instance Bobcats make a call very similiar to a baby crying. If you have never heard one before, you would probably wonder "what the hell was that?" Owls are notorious for various screams and hoots and can be very scary sounding in deep woods at night.
I agree that several members of the team are way too eager to declare every encounter a Bigfoot. The editing of the show doesn't help either when they try to make drama where there is none. It is the same old tried and true script that you see on all the "Ghost Hunters" shows. Something goes bump, "What the hell was that?!" Had to have been a ghost or a squatch! I mean what else could it have been?

ProblemChild
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I know what you mean Redbone. It seems to me that there has been a popular M.O. in shows from the U.S. Something dramatic happens, boom, then cut to the ad break. Then when you return it's no where near as dramatic as the pre-ad hype had portrayed. Ice Road Truckers were good at that. Show a CGI truck cracking through to a watery grave, cut to the ad's and when they come back it would be some minor accident or drama. Keeps you watching though.

Dragonfire
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM
LOL, I agree completely Rebone. I have owls around the house all the time. I'm always amazed at the way they "speak" to each other. I have tried to record them, with little to no luck. I also have Coyotes around. They also have a variety of calls/sounds. These all drive my dogs crazy. Really fun to listen to.

Redbone
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
On the last episode of 'Finding Bigfoot', Cliff Barackman had a run in with a Barn Owl. At least he made the comment that Owls are often mistaken for Bigfoot because of the sounds they make. I had one scare the crap out of me once. It was pitch black and all I heard was this god awful thrashing and screaming. Then I heard this sound like something extremely big was coming towards me. I ran like hell until I was in a clearing and that is when I finally saw that it was just an Owl carrying a rabbit. In self defense I do have to say that it was a very large Owl :rolleyes:

Ranae Holland is the only team member that goes in with the right mindset. She actually tries to debunk the sightings and evidence. Bobo and Matt see Squatch's behind every tree. I would really like to see them take a more serious approach to the show and actually try to find substantial proof. If they spent more time combing the area's of reported sighting then they would have more luck. At least his season they have started leaving one investigator in the Woods while the others go talk to witnesses. Although that is backwards from what they need to do. Why not let one investigator go talk to witnesses and the others stay in the woods searching?

Anyway I will continue to watch, but hey I still watch 'Ghost Hunters' so what does that say about me?

Dragonfire
01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
With all the equipment, camera guy's, loud whispering, etc... they will never get what they are looking for. The equipment they wear is somewhat cumbersome. They couldn't keep quiet if their lives depended on it.

Redbone
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
With all the equipment, camera guy's, loud whispering, etc... they will never get what they are looking for. The equipment they wear is somewhat cumbersome. They couldn't keep quiet if their lives depended on it.

Last episode: Ranae dons a Gilly suit and climbs a deer stand about 20' feet up a tree. Matt, Bobo and Cliff are carrying torches and making all kinds of noise, hoping to drive a Bigfoot towards Renae. Renae using a FLIR camera is searching the woods as the guys approach. It all looks impressive until you realize there is a camera crew standing at the bottom of the tree filming Renae. Now if I was a Bigfoot who just happened to be in the area knocking wood or something, I would probably give the torch carrying stooges a wide birth....but there is no way I'd pass up a chance to walk up to the camera crew and ask, "Uh whats up doc?" Camera crew, "Be very, very quite!"

Dragonfire
01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
:lmao:

Redbone
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Last Sunday's episode the crew were in Minnesota. The eyewitness reports were very convincing for me since my sighting was during daylight as well. The creature they described is very near what I saw. The tracked ATV was awesome but you have to realize that any Bigfoot would have heard them coming for miles and left the county. Once again I wish they would stop setting themselves up for failure and take a more professional approach.

Doc
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I think they are following the very successful Ghosthunters model which requires the investigators to jump and say, "What the Hell was that?" every ten minutes or so.

What they really need is an investigator like Kris Williams:

Redbone
01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
I think they are following the very successful Ghosthunters model which requires the investigators to jump and say, "What the Hell was that?" every ten minutes or so.

What they really need is an investigator like Kris Williams:

Yeah Doc, she is the main reason I started watching Ghost Hunters and is the reason I watch Ghost Hunters International. Love to watch her...um....investigate. She looks really fine in infrared! Think she would consider joining the Finding Bigfoot crew? At least we would have something interesting to look at.

Doc
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Yeah Doc, she is the main reason I started watching Ghost Hunters and is the reason I watch Ghost Hunters International. Love to watch her...um....investigate. She looks really fine in infrared! Think she would consider joining the Finding Bigfoot crew? At least we would have something interesting to look at.

Kris Williams has learned one of the Great Lessons of Life: When the going gets tough, the tough wear a tank-top.

Redbone
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I am bummed out. Set my DVR to record last Sunday's episode and it didn't record. Said Satelite couldn't find signal! Oh well I will try to find it on a later date and record it. Anything interesting happen that I missed?

Dragonfire
01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Hello Redbone, I missed it too. Did see some replay's of old shows. Especially liked the one done in Oregon.

southerncross
02-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Been reading and lurking here, what do you think it will take to be accepted as a new species?

Will they actually have to shoot one? Or do you think film and DNA will do the job?
I'd hate to think someone will shoot one as they are clearly intelligent, don't want to interact with us (wisely)
and seem to only seek to live their lives. It's amazing that there are so many around theworld sighted yet they can
avoid us so called superior creatures.

Doc
02-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Finding Bigfoot: “Virginia is for Bigfoot Lovers” Tonight (http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/finding-bf-83/)

Cryptomundo has been a favorite website for years. Lately it seems to be all about the BFRO Show and not too much else. I hope they get back to more variety soon, which is a minor complaint about a site that consistently has brought all the lated news of Cryptozoology to us.

From Cryptomundo:

"VIRGINIA IS FOR BIGFOOT LOVERS
Premiering Sunday, February 12, 10PM e/p
The bigfoot research team heads to Virginia to investigate video the locals are dubbing “The Beast of Gumhill.” With new reports from the town hall meeting, the team uses a unique search technique to prove this elusive beast is real.

The episode, “Virginia is for Bigfoot Lovers,” airs at 10 p.m. on Feb. 12 on Animal Planet."

ProblemChild
02-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Been reading and lurking here, what do you think it will take to be accepted as a new species?

Will they actually have to shoot one? Or do you think film and DNA will do the job?
I'd hate to think someone will shoot one as they are clearly intelligent, don't want to interact with us (wisely)
and seem to only seek to live their lives. It's amazing that there are so many around theworld sighted yet they can
avoid us so called superior creatures.

There seems to be more and more evidence that some have been shot both recently (Sierra Kills) and historicaly. I think the DNA studies (hopefully due soon) will at least catapult the study into mainstream science and media. It does give pause for thought the amount of land that is unihabited/ unexplored in N. America and Canada. And the amount of land that is protected in some way or another. I think the existence of these hairy folk has been known about for a long time and has been purposely kept under wraps like ET and for the same reasons. At the moment there is little money in Bigfoot, in fact for lots of social implications it is best if Sasquatch and cousins continue not to exist. I can see that dam bursting in unexpected ways.

Redbone
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Native American tribes all have a story or legend of Bigfoot. The Cherokee call them, "Old Men of the Forest!" This is interesting since the Cherokee refer to themselves as, "The First People!" You can see both the reverance they hold for the creature and the length of time that they have had contact with them.

If you are interested you may like the following link. Gayle Highpine is a Kootenai Indian who wrote a article about the relationship between Native Americans and the creature called Bigfoot.

http://web.ncf.ca/bz050/HomePage.bfna.html

Doc
03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I am watching a two-hour highlight show of "Finding Bigfoot". The team just rode out with Bob Gimlin to the site where the famous Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film was taken. Bob Gimlin walked them through the entire series of events that day then the team recreated the film. It was goosebumps level stuff.

The title of the episode is "Finding Bigfoot: Birth of a Legend: Further Evidence". If this is one of your interests, track the episode down and watch it.

Dragonfire
03-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Watching also, hence my absence from here..........back and forth.

On another note, a new episode of Anchient Aliens is at 10:00 PM. So you'll know where I will be. :biggrin2:

norenrad
03-03-2012, 06:26 AM
The guy with the hair said that Moses said, "There upon I saw the whole round of the earth... and the vast altitudes of the heavens."

I can't find this in the Bible or any reliable source.

Doc
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
The guy with the hair said that Moses said, "There upon I saw the whole round of the earth... and the vast altitudes of the heavens."

I can't find this in the Bible or any reliable source.

I found this:

September 13, 2011 at 5:15 am (http://www.alienufotruth.com/early-ufo-sightings/#comment-1626)

"Another sigthing is in the book of Moses on Mount Syni. ” The lord descended in fire and the smoke asended like that in the smoke of a furnace and when Moses spake God answered. I believe this to be an encounter with an alien being that was passing moral codes to the people of earth and how they should live. The fire and smoke were from a spacecraft as it landed. I also believe The chariot of fire took him into space “And there it were I saw the whole round of the earth and the vast altitudes of heaven. The only thing ancient people could compare to this object was a chariot. Witch meant it could move thought the sky and had a firery apperence."

http://www.alienufotruth.com/early-ufo-sightings/#comment-1626

It may be a reference to The Apocrypha or a different Bible translation. Maybe something from Enoch.

Redbone
07-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I am hoping that this is correct. Another season of our favorite Bigfoot show. Finding Bigfoot seems to have found a following. I read that it is the highest rated show on Animal Planet.

There is a lot of buzz right now about a DNA find and a soon to be released scientific research paper that has many Bigfooters excited. I am waiting for the offical release of info before I join the celebration. Story is our own Matt Moneymaker from the show may be in possession of some undeniable physical evidence he recieved from a hunter. I hear that Matt, Animal Planet and NatGeo are in talks regarding a documentary once the paper is released. But we have been here before.

Dragonfire
07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks redbone. That IS good news. Looking forward to the findings. Keep us informed. Is there a link someplace where you found this info?

Redbone
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks redbone. That IS good news. Looking forward to the findings. Keep us informed. Is there a link someplace where you found this info?

Sorry, guess I should have added the links to my first post, but I do not know how much cred can be given to the info......so I was a bit hesitant.

Here is one about recovery of DNA:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/erickson-project-news-2/

Here is the other about the research paper:

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/

Like I said, I do not vouch for either link, I have gotten bits and pieces from multiple forums and sources. But there is a lot of buzz, so something big is about to happen.........Or not!!

Dragonfire
07-13-2012, 01:49 AM
That's OK redbone. Thanks for the links, just something to keep an eye on. This type of buzz is better than none. Although, Chris Moneymaker swears every sound he hear's in the woods is a squach ;)

Redbone
10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/spike-tv-offers-biggest-prize-in-tv-history--10-million--to-anyone-who-can-find-bigfoot/2012/10/25/3606593e-1ef2-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_blog.html

Spike TV is starting a new reality show offering $10 million for a Bigfoot. They have assembled several teams of Scientist and Experts to search and find undisputable proof the big guy is real. Currently ten episodes have been ordered. Hum! Don't quite know what to think about this news. Will have to wait and see!!