PDA

View Full Version : A Disc Shaped Anomaly Near The Mars South Pole

rdunk
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone! I am posting another Mars anomaly I found during research of the planet’s south pole area. This anomaly is very different, and it is very obvious, in its setting. I found this anomaly in a fairly high quality CTX photo a few months ago. As the OP title states, it is a disc shape! In the pic, we can see more than 50% of it, and its features. It is on the surface, and it is partially covered with a dark hairy/thatchy-looking stuff, that is all around this area. And yes, that “stuff” does look very much as “having been applied” (tampering), since we all know “nothing grows on Mars”!.

While I will refer to this anomaly as a “disc shape”, the hump in the “ground tundra” is elongated, which gives somewhat of an impression that this anomaly could also be an elongated object???????

Now, some description of the disc anomaly, and what we can see.

* As I said, the disc is partially covered with “stuff”.
* The disc has a grayish fairly wide “ring” that goes around the seeable exterior.
* Inside the exterior ring, we can see a “center area” filled with white colored pieces. All of the “pieces are like broken “pie shapes”, with points going to the center.
* There seems to be a small circular center (doesn’t really look like it is in exactly the center) piece, of sorts, that is round.
* The points of the broken-looking pieces do come to the round center piece. Because we can see the points of pieces under the “stuff” also coming to the center, it
pretty much confirms this anomaly is round, even if we can’t see under the covered area.
* There is a visible secondary white object on top of the disc, that is a brighter white. It is “multi-shaped”, but there is no way know what it might be. (maybe ice?)
* Just no way to estimate the size of the disc.
* Is this a flying-type disc? No way to know!
* Has this photo been tampered with? It sure does look like it! Whatever could it be otherwise??

I would venture to guess that this disc anomaly is a “Mars one of a kind”. To me, it is another evidential piece of the as yet unspoken reality of Mars. We are slowly learning truth about it, and should be preparing ourselves for knowing it all one of these days.

The “disc” is located in the upper area of the CTX pic, and to see it in the full pic, one must magnify it to the max, using the CTX +/- buttons. I will post a screen shot which shows the disc, and I will also post a screenshot of the top of the full pic, that has a locator arrow, and descriptions.

I hope you enjoy seeing this type of anomaly, here at The OutPost Forum. I will look forward to your observations and comments.

P.S. There are no rocks to be seen, anywhere in this area. :)

Link to full CTX photo: http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/ctx/P11_005338_0878_XI_87S084W#start

323 322

johnwalton
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
what if its just a build up of ice and because of the way light is reflecting of it , its making it look like there more to it. Just a thought. It also looks like a eye lol

rdunk
01-22-2012, 08:39 PM
what if its just a build up of ice and because of the way light is reflecting of it , its making it look like there more to it. Just a thought. It also looks like a eye lol

Hello Johnwalton! Thanks for your comments! All that we have to look at is a relatively high quality photograph, and I have tried to describe what I see in that MOC CTX photo. Certainly, if you see something different, then we would like for you to tell us what you see too. As you suggest, there are many things this could be, both natural and unnatural, but so far, in looking at the Mars photos, I have not seen anything else that even gets close to the "looK" that this object presents here. This is really an odd looking anomaly.

John, have you noticed how the thatchy looking stuff is on top of it, and even curls down around the sides, and seems to even be under it. The forward edge of the anomaly even seems to be raised off of the ground. The forward edge (gray area) of this anomaly seems to be perfectly scaled, in shape and form. Whatever the white outer surface of this anomaly is, it seems to be in pieces. And how it is in pieces could be another story all together!

Just with what we have in the photograph, this anomaly has the appearance of "intelligent design". Is it for sure completely disc shaped? Don't know, because the thatchy stuff is elongated right here! What is all of this thatchy stuff? Don't know! It is on top of the icy surface, all over this area. Is it photo tampering? Don't know, but it sure could be.

This anomaly does make for interesting discussion!!

Doc
01-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I noticed that at the page you linked, The Mars Image Explorer offers many different ways to look at the picture, including a number of filters. Very interesting indeed. Do you have any idea as to the size of the anomaly?

rdunk
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I noticed that at the page you linked, The Mars Image Explorer offers many different ways to look at the picture, including a number of filters. Very interesting indeed. Do you have any idea as to the size of the anomaly?

Hi Doc! Actual size is a No! That is one of the problems with using the Mars photos - very difficult to get to approximate sizes, and lack of size just adds to the already questionable nature of some anomalies. The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) is in a near circular orbit of about 175 (+-) miles above the planet's surface, taking the photos, and photo quality very much depends upon the resolution of the cameras. But no where is there a provision for getting to surface object size - maybe someone can count "pixels" to get to size?? I have done some searching on how to get to object sizes in these photos, but so far not successful.

Now, with that said, I will "walk out on a limb a little bit", and give you a notion of the "size". In a prior anomaly post here, "silver dome", I also wanted to know size. Well, in that case, there were other surface features (craters), that also were in the Google Mars data. Well, Google Mars does include a measurement tool in their software, so I measured those craters in Google Mars, and then I could estimate the silver dome size by simple ruler measurements, on my display, of the craters vs the dome, in the silver dome photo.

Well, that silver dome measures about 400 ft in diameter, and in its photo, it looks a lot smaller that the disc-looking anomaly in this photo, with both being magnified to the max. Actually, on "display screen" measurement of the dome vs the disc, I would make a guess that the disc anomaly is at least 5X the dome, so that would make the disc to be about 2,000 feet in diameter.

Not very scientific, ;) but I am satisfied that this disc anomaly is considerably "bigger than a bread-box"!!! :biggrin2: