PDA

View Full Version : Woman Claims Neighbor’s Energy Efficient Windows Are Melting Her Toyota Prius

Fore
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Energy efficient reflective surfaces and windows are apparently to blame.

I can assert, personally, as an owner of a high efficiency window facing a nearby business, that the reflection of sunlight is very much blinding.

While I have never put a thermometer on the business side I know it is very bright to look at. It also reflects infra-red light. I'd blame the sun more than the window though. As the excess energy and sunlight has to go somewhere....

------------------------------

Source: http://beta.local.yahoo.com/news-woman-claims-neighbor-energy-efficient-windows-melting-her-toyota-prius

"STUDIO CITY (CBS) — A SoCal woman says the energy efficient window installed in a neighbor’s condominium is melting the plastic components on cars parked in her carport.

Heather Patron of Studio City was dealing with a mystery regarding her Toyota Prius.

“The side view mirrors were melting,” says Patron. “Anything that was plastic on the car was melting.”

Toyota told Patron nothing was wrong with the car. After having the mirrors replaced, she noticed the mirrors on the car parked next to hers were also melting.

Patron then observed a powerful beam of light that was reflecting off the window of a next door condominium, casting a concentrated beam over her carport."

norenrad
01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Toyota told Patron nothing was wrong with the car.

And there you have it.