PDA

View Full Version : A Martian Horse Near Concepcion' Crater

rdunk
01-26-2012, 05:45 AM
A Martian Horse - Does anyone here like horses? Apparently someone in the Martian past liked horses too. There is what looks like a complete horse statue in the ejecta of Concepcion' Crater.

One can see in the Rover Sol day 2171 Panoramic Camera photo:

* The horses head, neck, flying mane, body, and four legs.
* The details of the head include eye, ear, nose, jaw, and mouth--
very typical looking earthly horses’s head.
* No way to tell if this horse is stone cut, or manufactured.
* The color of this horse is probably lighter, as shown by the color of the horse's head, neck, and the forward part of its body. The bulk of the horse's
body and rear is rather dark, because of sun position and shadows.
* The legs of the horse are made interestingly a little "squarish".
* The horse is seen in the photo to be in a "rearing up" position.

This is an interesting anomaly! A horse statue on Mars! How did a horse statue come to be on the Planet Mars? Who could have made it, and why is it here? Isn't this horse statue just one more example of "proof" of the existence of intelligent design, on Mars??? How much proof does it take, to get it out into the open public, and to the whole world???

I will post three screenshots, one of just the horse's head, and the other two of the full horse, one of which has tint added.. I will also post a link to the full Rover Opportunity Sol day 2171 photo.

I will look forward to your comments!! I hope you are able to see this horse statue, as it is very prominent in the photo, amongst many other "artificial artifact" looking objects.

Link to Rover Sol day 2171 - You can find the horse statue near the upper right center area of the photo.

http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/p/2171/1P321004084EFFABLNP2385L2M1.JPG

348 347

Doc
01-26-2012, 05:55 AM
That is one of the more interesting ones I've seen.

rdunk
01-26-2012, 05:04 PM
That is one of the more interesting ones I've seen.

Hello Doc! Yes, this "horse anomaly" is one of the most interesting things I have seen in the Mars photographs. And while the horse is not "looking at the camera", it is relatively clear to see it, in this high quality Rover photo. This horse statue does make a very elemental statement for all of us - - INTELLIGENT DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED PIECE, RIGHT HERE ON MARS. Now, recognizing the truth of that statement "births" a whole host of other questions for which there are no bases for answers at this time. - the hows, whos, wheres, and whys of the horse statue, that we all want to know about.

I do believe it is hard for some to accept the possibility of a civilized life on Mars, but with so many different existing "proof objects" having been found, and more often being found, I believe it has moved past speculation and circumstantial evidentiary, into the realm of obvious and logical fact. However, at this point, the modus operandi is still cover as much as can be covered, and Deny! Deny! Deny! (debunk!)

And this horse statue is just one of many anomalous objects around the Concepcion' impact crater. I will include some of these in future posts, for all to see.

Doc, thanks for your comment and interest!

Marvin
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
It all makes sense now, not far from the horse is a fallen hitching post:

You can even see where the horse was hitched by Martian rope:

Doc
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
You mean that end of the railroad tie sticking up out of the dirt?

Marvin
01-27-2012, 04:21 PM
You mean that end of the railroad tie sticking up out of the dirt?

Yea, looks like it is made out of wood... or at least that is what it kinda looks like, sorta.

But then again, it could just be a rock.

I guess you will just have to judge for yourself.

M

rdunk
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
It all makes sense now, not far from the horse is a fallen hitching post:

You can even see where the horse was hitched by Martian rope:

Hey Marvin, your hitching post comment is really funny! :biggrin2: Even though a "hitching post" is not something a "horse statue" would require. In fact, my "speculation" is that the "rearing up horse statue" would likely have been in a showing position on some type of mounting base. There is actually an object just past the horse, in front of its nose, that could have been a base mount for the horse. It has a scalloped base, and is similar in color to the hores statue.

One interesting thing, the "hitching post" that you noted is one of the "other anomalous objects in the area of Concepcion' Crater" that I referred to in the OP. If one looks at it closely, it is very obviously not an "artificial artifact". There are very visible straight lines cut into this object, and there are very specific scalloped edges on this piece. Whatever this object is, it is not a natural artifact. Thanks for posting it Marvin!!

I will post another pic of the object, without the arrows.

Doc
01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
That picture, by itself with no frame of reference, reminds me very much of one of the alleged Noah's Ark photgraphs from back in the days of "In Search Of". That is another topic that has fascinated me for years.

So many mysteries, so little time.

norenrad
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
One thing I notice about these pictures of Mars is the amount of large rocks just sitting on the surface. I have been to a few desert climates and have seen many pictures of them, but the only place that I have been that has large rocks laying around on the top of the ground is near foothills or in the mountains; I don't see evidence of mountains in these pictures. Rocks like we're seeing in these images would have fallen from a higher elevation, so where did they come from?

rdunk
01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Yes Doc, there is enough "mystery" right here on Earth, to apply your statement of "So many mysteries, so little time". Then, throw in all of the other off planet sources of "so many mysteries", wow, then our plates runneth over!!

As for Mars, I believe that when the basic "mystery" of life on the planet, is fessed-up to, by people of knowledge and import, then much of the other mysteries will begin to fall like dominoes, into general knowledge and circumstance. But, in the meantime, we will just continue to consider and discuss what the "facts are to us", using anomalous objects that most everyone can see in the NASA photographs, like this horse statue, and like this other piece that Marvin posted.

rdunk
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
noenrad, that is a good question! In this instance, as in several other similar instances, most of the surface rocks, and look of devastation, is "ejecta", which has resulted from meteor impact. Here, where the horse statue is, is what has been named "Concepcion' Crater", and it is an impact crater. That is why rocks and "stuff" is just strewn everywhere. Now, who can say whether it is actually the result of a meteor, or the result of an incoming.....................??

Another point, you mention "large rocks" ---- in some of these Rover photos, it is pretty hard to actually perceive the size of an object, rock or whatever. Sometimes what we see as "large", may actually much smaller than we might think. It really is hard to know the object sizes, in the Rover photos, without some point of reference.

norenrad, I hope this helps!

Doc
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Haven't there been estimates of object size based on camera resolution and pixel size at known distances?

Marvin
01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi norenrad,

rdunk is correct, the rocks are a result of a meteorite impact (BTW, meteors cannot leave an impact crater). If indeed the "horse” was within the area before the impact occurred, then it is not likely it would have survived the impact intact. If someone thought it important to erect a horse statue after the impact, then they must have been environmentally conscience to the extreme to have the statue blend into the rest of the ejecta in this photo. They also removed all traced of them working at this location. No roads, no tracks, no way to easily move the statue as one can see. It is like no one was even there. It is enough to make a person stop and ponder the mystery within mysteries.

M

rdunk
01-27-2012, 10:41 PM
BTW Marvin, a meteorite is a meteor that hasn't hit the surface yet. :yes: And, the meteorite doesn't exist, unless you can "find it"! If the meteorite can't be found, then speculation could just as easily apply a crater of this size to an incoming.............. missile.

In my opinion, the horse statue was probably not within the 30ft or so diameter crater, when the impact occurred. It most likely was pretty close to where it is right now, in the photo. Otherwise, as you say, it likely would not have survived. As I said earlier, the statue would probably have been fixed mounted on the surface, with the force of the impact, and debris, knocking it from the mounting to the ground. (Speculation of course)

It is pretty obvious here that nothing has been done to clear away any of the debris/ejecta. There are several craters/places just like this one, and they all give the same impression of being left alone, after the impact.

It is, for reason, that I believe these places are either memorial areas, or places of burial. With all that I have seen, I really think they are more likely to be places of burial., with associated monuments and displays. The Reptilian discussed in a previous post here, is also in this type of small impact crater, And he has the look of being a possible cadaver. And there is also a humaniod "skull" at one of these areas I will post at some point. So, I say possible burial sites, with associated stuff.

rdunk
01-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Doc, i think I have seen a comment somewhere about measuring size by counting pixels. But I haven't gotten to anything for sure on that. I have searched on the net for info for measurement how-to's with Rover pics, and the most I found was that the Rover wheel tracks are 40 inches apart. And that would be at the Rover. The farther away they are, the closer together they look.

I am still working on coming up with a way to make reasonable measurements, but i am not there yet. Maybe someone else here can help us with that soon.

Doc
01-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Doc, i think I have seen a comment somewhere about measuring size by counting pixels. But I haven't gotten to anything for sure on that. I have searched on the net for info for measurement how-to's with Rover pics, and the most I found was that the Rover wheel tracks are 40 inches apart. And that would be at the Rover. The farther away they are, the closer together they look.

I am still working on coming up with a way to make reasonable measurements, but i am not there yet. Maybe someone else here can help us with that soon.
I remember comments on Lunar features that said they were much larger than the figure would suggest such as a "house" the actual size of a hill by estimating the size per pixel. I may be wrong about the details but not that it was attempted.

rdunk
01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:"I remember comments on Lunar features that said they were much larger than the figure would suggest such as a "house" the actual size of a hill by estimating the size per pixel. I may be wrong about the details but not that it was attempted"

Doc, this is something that would be worthwhile to know about. I will do more research on this to see if I can come up with something to help us on this.

Marvin
01-30-2012, 01:02 PM
BTW Marvin, a meteorite is a meteor that hasn't hit the surface yet. :yes: And, the meteorite doesn't exist, unless you can "find it"! If the meteorite can't be found, then speculation could just as easily apply a crater of this size to an incoming.............. missile.

Sorry rdunk,

A meteor is the light given off by a meteoroid entering an atmosphere. The is no way for light to create an impact crater.

Here are the basic definitions, hopefully this will be helpful:

Meteoroid: A small, rocky or metallic body revolving in interplanetary space around the Sun. A meteoroid is significantly smaller than an asteroid, ranging from small grains or particles to the size of large boulders.
www.thefreedictionary.com/meteoroid

Meteor: A bright trail or streak of light that appears in the night sky when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere. The friction with the air causes the rock to glow with heat. Also called shooting star.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/meteor

Meteorite: A rocklike object consisting of the remains of a meteoroid that has fallen on earth.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/meteorite

M

Edit to add:

http://youtu.be/8gcWeLGNLgA

Meteors will "burn out" between 5 to 10 miles above the surface, even if the meteoroid reaches the ground (...this is when the meteoroid is called a meteorite [by definition], even if no one finds it).

M

rdunk
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Marvin, our spending time talking about the definition of meteor and meteorite, is not too useful, when we have a horse statue, on Mars to talk about! :) However, my dictionary says a meteor is a "meteoroid that has entered the earth's atmosphere".

About a meteorite it says:

Word Origin & History

meteorite
"rock that falls to earth, after streaking across the sky as a meteor," formed in English 1824.

So, to some extent I guess meteor, meteorite, and meteoroid is a bit of a word game, except, if it hits the ground, it is called a meteorite.

Marvin
01-31-2012, 01:09 PM
So, to some extent I guess meteor, meteorite, and meteoroid is a bit of a word game, except, if it hits the ground, it is called a meteorite.

It is not a word game, they are operational definitions (I remember from my old Cosmochem/Astrophys days).

Marvin, our spending time talking about the definition of meteor and meteorite, is not too useful, when we have a horse statue, on Mars to talk about! :)

My apologies, I was only responding to your post.

Please point out any signs of construction, life forms, how the "statue" got there and why it is about the average size of the rock around it.

What signs of horses have you seen on Mars?

Will it look like a horse if you change the camera's orientation or position relative to the "statue". Or is this matrixing*, where a rock or cloud kinda looks like a horse? How are you concluding the difference (a horse vs. matrixing) in this case?

M

*Note:
Matrixing: The natural tendency for the human mind to interpret sensory input, what is perceived visually or audibly, as something familiar or more easily understood and accepted, in effect mentally "filling in the blanks."

rdunk
01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote Marvin: Please point out any signs of construction, life forms, how the "statue" got there and why it is about the average size of the rock around it.

Will it look like a horse if you change the camera's orientation or position relative to the "statue". Or is this matrixing*, where a rock or cloud kinda looks like a horse? How are you concluding the difference (a horse vs. matrixing) in this case"?
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Hey Marvin! You know the term, "what you see is what you get"? Well, that is how it is with this "horse statue"! What you see is all there is to get, as far as I know. It is easy to see the horse statue in the Rover photo, with all of its exterior "conformation parts" As much as we would like to know more about it, there is no other source data from which to get it.

But, at this point we are not trying to prove that it really is a horse statue! The Rover Opportuity photo does that for us. Rather, our desire to know more about stuff like this really leaves us with a void, because of the minimal available data. We can speculate all day long on the other questions, but, in the end, it can be no more that speculation, until we get boots on the Mars surface.

I am just glad to have the information we do have, from NASA, because we are able to know beyond any doubt, that Mars has been significantly touched by civilized life, either living there, past and/or present, or there as transient. Just too many objects of intelligent design to dismiss, for any reasonably objective observer (even though there seems to be a prevailing attempt by NASA to cover this fact)!!!! :ufo:

Marvin
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote Marvin: Please point out any signs of construction, life forms, how the "statue" got there and why it is about the average size of the rock around it.

Will it look like a horse if you change the camera's orientation or position relative to the "statue". Or is this matrixing*, where a rock or cloud kinda looks like a horse? How are you concluding the difference (a horse vs. matrixing) in this case"?
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Hey Marvin! You know the term, "what you see is what you get"? Well, that is how it is with this "horse statue"! What you see is all there is to get, as far as I know. It is easy to see the horse statue in the Rover photo, with all of its exterior "conformation parts" As much as we would like to know more about it, there is no other source data from which to get it.

But, at this point we are not trying to prove that it really is a horse statue! The Rover Opportuity photo does that for us. Rather, our desire to know more about stuff like this really leaves us with a void, because of the minimal available data. We can speculate all day long on the other questions, but, in the end, it can be no more that speculation, until we get boots on the Mars surface.

I am just glad to have the information we do have, from NASA, because we are able to know beyond any doubt, that Mars has been significantly touched by civilized life, either living there, past and/or present, or there as transient. Just too many objects of intelligent design to dismiss, for any reasonably objective observer (even though there seems to be a prevailing attempt by NASA to cover this fact)!!!! :ufo:

Hey rdunk, is it possible to answer my questions?

I find your response a bit confusing:

But, at this point we are not trying to prove that it really is a horse statue! The Rover Opportuity photo does that for us.

Are you serious, the photo alone proves everything you claim? All I see is a pile of rocks, which is what the photo shows.

I am just glad to have the information we do have, from NASA, because we are able to know beyond any doubt, that Mars has been significantly touched by civilized life, either living there, past and/or present, or there as transient. Just too many objects of intelligent design to dismiss, for any reasonably objective observer (even though there seems to be a prevailing attempt by NASA to cover this fact)!!!!

Beyond any doubt? Based on a pile of rocks that kinda look horse like? Seriously? I was hoping to see anomalies that would demonstrate the possibility of intelligent design and not a Rorschach test. Apparently I will have to look elsewhere. It has been interesting talking with you.

M

rdunk
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Marvin said: "Hey rdunk, is it possible to answer my questions? I find your response a bit confusing:"
.................................................. .................................................. ....................

Nope! Marvin, there is no way to answer your type of questions. I am not sure what your basis for asking might be anyway, if you think this statue is "just a pile of rocks". However, I have heard that very same description many times, used by debunkers, during discussions of various anomalies, in attempts to dismiss photo evidence..

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

Marvin said: "Are you serious, the photo alone proves everything you claim? All I see is a pile of rocks, which is what the photo shows.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Yes, in my opinion, the Rover photo clearly "proves" the existence of a "horse statue" on Mars. No question about it!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

Marvin said: Beyond any doubt? Based on a pile of rocks that kinda look horse like? Seriously? I was hoping to see anomalies that would demonstrate the possibility of intelligent design and not a Rorschach test. Apparently I will have to look elsewhere. It has been interesting talking with you.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Yes Marvin, "beyond any doubt"!!! That comment includes the "horse statue", as well as several other notable photo anomalies I have also posted here, and others. There are many photo proofs of a civilized presence on Mars, and our government is looking more silly all of the time, by not being forthright with the public, on this subject. And until they do, I guess its deny, deny, and hide will just continue.

However, we will continue posting them, for all to see, as the evidence noted!

Rorschach test??????? Marvin, who are you trying to kid???? I might have to question your status as an "Image Analysis Expert"!!! :lmao:

Marvin
02-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Nope! Marvin, there is no way to answer your type of questions.

Just to be fair, what type of question can you answer?

norenrad
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I have to agree with Marvin, I come to these sights in search of answers, but when a pile of rocks is said to be something they are not, I get aggravated and discouraged. I mean, fun is fun, but lets have a little respect for the community.

Sorry, I really tried, but I just couldn't do it any longer.

rdunk
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I have to agree with Marvin, I come to these sights in search of answers, but when a pile of rocks is said to be something they are not, I get aggravated and discouraged. I mean, fun is fun, but lets have a little respect for the community.

Sorry, I really tried, but I just couldn't do it any longer.

Hey norenrad, that is just fine, and don't worry about it. Some people do have a problem in being able to recognize objects. There are specific diagnostic terms for that, if you, or anyone else, would like to have them. I certainly can't and don't offer that type of diagnosis, but one does wonder when some people are not able to see even familiar objects.

Pile of rocks?? Not!

touched
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I think I may have figured it out. Long ago the aliens abducted a horse statue from ancient Troy but as they were leaving the solar sysyem the statue had too much weight and they couldnt get enough escape velocity so they threw it out and then it got caught in Mars orbit and "splat" ! j/k,,,,,lol :biggrin2::angel_not::das

rdunk
02-02-2012, 02:29 AM
That is really funny!!! In a broad sense touched, you may be more right than you might think. When we start to think/speculate about all of the unknowns of this horse statue, one of my first speculations might be, that someone may have stolen it from Earth. :ufo: It does have a close "conformity" in its neck and head features to earthly horses, so.....................???

Who knows???

Dragonfire
02-02-2012, 02:45 AM
My imagination is really good. And yes, if I use my imagination I can see where there might be a horse. But then I also see a rabbit in the moon, and I can look at clouds and see many different shapes, animals, people, etc.

The anomoly you are looking at is a pile of rocks that resemble, from that particular angle, a possible horse. Too bad we can't see the area in question from a different perspective.

rdunk
02-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Dragonfire, I am very surprised, for this anomaly is so clear, it doesn't require "imagination" to see it. Yes, there are piles of rocks all over the place, but this horse statue is a nice assemblage of components, carvings, or whatever, that makes it a horse. I'll bet that if your avatar were alive, he could easily see it!! :) I am confident that a different perspective would remove any doubt about the horse statue, in this photo.

Now, as a matter of interest, there are other Rover photos of this area where the horse statue is. And they do make for a very interesting situation. In the other photos, the horse is not there, as a horse, but then, there are two more very distinct anomalous objects (which I have also posted elsewhere previously) that are there, that are not in the original OP photo. Now, does anyone want to speculate just how something like that might happen, other than "photo tampering" by the originating responsibility? And yes, in most cases in these different photos, you can pretty much compare rock for rock, in the area.

touched
02-02-2012, 06:25 AM
rdunk, I have just now started going through images from JPL attempting to find more pics to see if they show anything of this area and will continue to do so as I find time. There is a couple things I would like to point out. First of all, thank you for your time in bringing this to the forums attention. Second, I trust Marvin, he is VERY good at analysis.

There is something very interesting in the background in one of the images I was checking out and I dont know what it is,,,or what to think about these "things". I could be way off base here and this could be completely explainable so Im going to leave it at that and direct you all to the link. Its under -Jet Propulsion Laboratory-Spirit:: rear hazcam:: sol 2165.

I encourage anyone to take a look at what is in the background. Again, Im not jumping to conclusions at this time but there are at least 3 large objects that are unexplainable in my book and I just dont know !! Very strange !!

Edit to add : sorry,never mind !after reviewing it appears to be some type of shield above the camera causing the effect. oops !!! lol :bleh:

Marvin
02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Dragonfire, I am very surprised, for this anomaly is so clear, it doesn't require "imagination" to see it.

A wise man once said;

All that glisters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told:
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold:
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.
Had you been as wise as bold,
Young in limbs, in judgement old
Your answer had not been inscroll'd
Fare you well, your suit is cold.

rdunk
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
rdunk, I have just now started going through images from JPL attempting to find more pics to see if they show anything of this area and will continue to do so as I find time. There is a couple things I would like to point out. First of all, thank you for your time in bringing this to the forums attention. Second, I trust Marvin, he is VERY good at analysis.

There is something very interesting in the background in one of the images I was checking out and I dont know what it is,,,or what to think about these "things". I could be way off base here and this could be completely explainable so Im going to leave it at that and direct you all to the link. Its under -Jet Propulsion Laboratory-Spirit:: rear hazcam:: sol 2165.

I encourage anyone to take a look at what is in the background. Again, Im not jumping to conclusions at this time but there are at least 3 large objects that are unexplainable in my book and I just dont know !! Very strange !!

Edit to add : sorry,never mind !after reviewing it appears to be some type of shield above the camera causing the effect. oops !!! lol :bleh:

Touched, keep looking, as there are many other obvious artificial artifacts around this crater. Some are obvious, but almost unbelievable. Some I have posted, and others I have found, I have not posted yet.

When you find something, let me know, and I will take a look at it also, if you'd like another set of eyes before posting.

Also, don't worry about having to edit - that Rover gets itself in the picture pretty often!!

Marvin
02-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I know people have their conspiracy theories with NASA, and I have mine.

The pattern I have observed is the “code of silence.” If they do not want you to know about it, then they simply do not released it to the public. There have been some documented examples of missing time with Apollo flights to the Moon. Basically, that missing time is still “classified” today.

As for photos, if indisputable evidence is photographed on the Moon or Mars, we simply will not see it… or at least that is my opinion (from past experience). That does not mean the censorship is infallible and I applaud the efforts of folks like rdunk to bring different objects to light, as long as we remember that “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” (attributed to Sigmund Freud). If we only look for human “type” artifacts, we are going to miss the boat. Something truly alien will not be a horse, it will likely be something so astounding, we just might over look it out of lack of belief or understanding as to what we are seeing. That’s my two cents worth.

norenrad
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Very professional!

Lee
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I know people have their conspiracy theories with NASA, and I have mine.

The pattern I have observed is the “code of silence.” If they do not want you to know about it, then they simply do not released it to the public. There have been some documented examples of missing time with Apollo flights to the Moon. Basically, that missing time is still “classified” today.

As for photos, if indisputable evidence is photographed on the Moon or Mars, we simply will not see it… or at least that is my opinion (from past experience). That does not mean the censorship is infallible and I applaud the efforts of folks like rdunk to bring different objects to light, as long as we remember that “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” (attributed to Sigmund Freud). If we only look for human “type” artifacts, we are going to miss the boat. Something truly alien will not be a horse, it will likely be something so astounding, we just might over look it out of lack of belief or understanding as to what we are seeing. That’s my two cents worth.
I think you're right, Marvin.

Rdunk, please do not take this personally, you are entitled to your opinion, and we certainly appreciate the work you do here. That said, I think what Marvin is saying is correct. The image does look like a horse, but this is a trick of perception called 'pareidolia', it's a natural process where the brain attempts to make sense of vague or random imagery in terms that it is familiar with.

This is why it is important, when looking at potentially anomalous planetary surface formations, to find multiple images of the object in question, from multiple perspectives. Scale is another key factor, what appear to be fine details may actually be a very large area, depending on the image resolution.

Keep searching though, the potential importance of finding unnatural artifacts on the Moon, Mars, or elsewhere goes without saying.

Dragonfire
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Summed up very well Marvin.

rdunk
02-03-2012, 04:01 AM
I think you're right, Marvin.

Rdunk, please do not take this personally, you are entitled to your opinion, and we certainly appreciate the work you do here. That said, I think what Marvin is saying is correct. The image does look like a horse, but this is a trick of perception called 'pareidolia', it's a natural process where the brain attempts to make sense of vague or random imagery in terms that it is familiar with.

This is why it is important, when looking at potentially anomalous planetary surface formations, to find multiple images of the object in question, from multiple perspectives. Scale is another key factor, what appear to be fine details may actually be a very large area, depending on the image resolution.

Keep searching though, the potential importance of finding unnatural artifacts on the Moon, Mars, or elsewhere goes without saying.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Hey Lee, thanks for commenting. Don't worry, I hardly ever take any response personally, even when they are, at times, personally intended. Some anomaly commenters mean well, and at times others have various self-interests reflected in their comments. Some believe that there is no alien life anywhere, and therefore, for them, every "alien anomaly" ends up just being a "pile of rocks.

Lee, you mention "Pareidolia" - that is a natural brain recognition process, as you say, that the debunking community has pounced upon, and has pretty much worn it out, since often they have no other "facts" for disproving an anomaly. Just as you say, "the image looks like a horse"! Then what ever is your reason for thinking you are not looking at an actual horse statue, if you clearly see it??? Are you assuming that is a result of "Your Pareidolia"? :)

There is no logical reason for "just a pile of rocks" to be seen as a very detailed composition of a horse. I don't know whether or not you see the finite detail of the horses head, nose, mouth, eyes, ear, jaw, and blown mane, but that detail is there. This is not a "cloud formation" type of appearance.

I certainly do agree with you, in that multiple images are absolutely desired. But, of course, with NASA, that often does not exist, and when it does, as in this case, images of the same area can show broad "changes to specific objects". and for certainty, some of these photos are "modified" before being made public.

Lee, regarding your suggestion "to keep on searching", for sure I will be doing that, and posting. One small point - I don't post an anomaly until I have determined that, IMO, it is an anomalous object. And when I post an anomaly, I am posting for those interested in seeing, and discussing anomalies, and for wide public information. I will never post an anomaly, asking if this is an anomaly! That point is already settled for me, for any anomaly I post. An obvious exception to that will be if I find something interesting, very, odd, unidentifiable, not according to public release, etc, I would post it for everyone to consider, to see if there is any type of consensus on it.

Of course, everyone is welcome to their own opinions, and Marvin and I have already "agreed to disagree", when we have such differences. I posted this horse statue a while back on the ATS Forum, and sure received a lot of discussion. Probably about half saw the horse, and about half didn't, or at least wouldn't admit it. Many who didn't were obviously pretty much professional debunkers, as that is fairly easy to perceive, on nearly all of them, with just a few posting comments.

Lee, as you say, nothing personal is intended in anything said here. I do look forward to many discussions on anomalies here at the OutPost, with the ExtraPlanetary Anomalies team. :ufo:

ProblemChild
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Robert, I do see a horse. But for it to be a crafted structure in the form of a horse it brings in too many variables for me.

Take the statue of a horse here on Earth. It has taken millions of years for the horse and man to have evolved as a species. It has taken millennia for the symbiosis of man and horse to be established. Humans have been creating images of animals important to them since neolithic times and portrayals of horses as venerated animals are common. This takes a level of cultural sophistication and technical skill to produce. To date we have no evidence of such a sequence of evolution having occurred on Mars.

Anomalies are anomalies, but for them to be alien artifacts they would, for me, have to so dissimilar to their surroundings that makes a chance configuration of rocks or natural Martian materials impossible. That's the grail.

It could be a horse statue. But given the reasons I have argued above I think it is highly unlikely. It is far more likely to be a chance combination from the limitations of the photograph and our natural tendency to find familiar shapes.

It could be argued that a visiting alien species might have erected such a statue. Again that species would have have gone through the evolutionary stages above. And why, if you have the ability to travel between world's, a horse and not some advanced means of travel. Although trying to second guess the reasoning of any alien culture is moot as they would be "Alien".

I agree with Marvin that we are unlikely to see any undeniable alien artifacts in official pictures from NASA. Human fallibility in censorship or even subtle rebellion is always a hope.

We are a long way from canals and War of the Worlds but maybe not quite far enough yet.

rdunk
02-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello ProblemChild! I appreciate your comments on the horse statue. I know that sometimes, even when we can see a thing, it is hard for us to openly say "we see it"! You did, and that is good. But, I also understand that even though you do see it, you still just don't believe it is actually there, on the basis of your several provisos you mentioned. I understand it completely.

Now the dilemma we face, and need to discuss, is, where in all of this is the most probable truth of the matter, relative to the horse statue anomaly? Are we more likely to find the truth about Mars anomalies in opinions, predicated on the basis of what we think or know about Mars, and Mars life?? Or, is the truth more likely to be found in "official" NASA photos, taken directly on or above the surface of the planet?? Personally, I believe if there is any truth to be found, it will be in the "factual" photographic information provided by NASA. NASA certainly uses this data to make official news reports, so, at least there is some degree of trust in the information provided in the photos.

I have found several anomalous objects that have jerked my chain of understanding and photo credibility, but, in the end, I must "get over it", on what I think or believe, and go with the facts of the photographs. Yes, that is hard, but, if we are going to seriously deal with the subject of anomalies, we must get beyond the boundaries of our human intellect that is configured on the basis of what we know and have learned - ie a horse on Mars/no way - an elephant statue on Mars/no way- a Reptilian on Mars/no way - a Birdman on Mars/no way - Some type of flying object on Mars/no way - a silver windowed dome on Mars/no way - underground entrances on Mars/no way - carpet on Mars/no way - craters that aren't actually craters/no way - metal studs on Mars/no way - baskets on mars/no way - and on and on!

There is no limit to how we are going to be (or being) mind challenged, as we move toward a greater extra-planetary presence, and have an opportunity to learn new things - such as "the earth is not really flat"! Or, there really is evidence of civilized life on the planet Mars! :) And those two may be two of the "least challenging"!

From when we were born, we are now living in the future, and in our present, the future lies ahead. We need to get our minds ready for learning, and accepting, new things, such as in the areas of extra-planetary anomalies, for which there are absolutely no known boundaries!!!!!!