PDA

View Full Version : UFO's over Texas

Fore
01-26-2012, 08:32 AM
I didn't see this thread for the Texas folk out there.

I witnessed a bright object arc across the sky earlier tonight on what looked like a long fall to the ground several blocks away to the north.

What happened before I saw it:

I was at the PC doing work and finishing a project when I heard a guy outside the front of my house talking loudly. (not really sure about what)
I went to the front and looked out to see what he was shouting about from down the block and I noticed nothing unusual except that one of the lamp posts out front had burned out. Nothing strange considering the violent storm the night previous to this.

I then noticed a bright falling star-like object going across the sky in a rapid motion. It's speed was about 3 or 4 times the speed of an aircraft crossing the sky at a low altitude. It was white and yellow. It looked like any other star in the sky except that it was moving very fast across the sky towards the ground north of me. North of my house is a few houses like any other residential area. I saw the object slightly wobble in it's falling trajectory in the sky.

The luminosity remained constant and the same throughout it's path and trajectory.

My brain seemed to find a bit of conflict with how fast it moved but at the same time how fluid the wobbles were as if the thing were changing trajectories slightly as it came down.

I waited to see if there was a plane crash but I heard no sound, saw no fire department. At it's angle across the sky and the size of the wobbles, I assume it must have been at about 1 thousand feet. By the time it got to the other horizon (in about 4 to 10 seconds) it looked like it was going to strike the ground maybe 5 to 8 blocks away.

At first I wondered if it was a meteor shower but it traveled too slow. It wasn't a plane as it traveled way too fast.

It didn't make a sound or look like any real shape other than a bright star going from a higher altitude towards the ground. It didn't flicker like an object that is re-entering the atmosphere. I even considered it might be a satellite but I thought it would be all over the news.

I dunno what it was, but it was a strange thing to witness.

Edit to add: I saw this somewhere around 6:45pm to about 7:00pm. I kept watching for a few minutes to see if there were any meteor showers.

Magfrey
01-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Know whats weird..Me and a friend actually saw the same thing tonight ..and it was about an hour and a half ago..we were driving back from mexican dinner in town. It was sort of like a meteorite but it wasn't as slow..and it really sped into the horizon as if the speed was great since the trajectory remained the same speed eventhough it was zooming towards earth...you know ..it should of gotten slower as it zoomed off and down. It was odd in that it was faster then a meteorite. What is really weird is that now I am reading about this. Also my friend saw it and he never is into this stuff . I have the feeling it was either a real circumstance ..or am just so used to the stuff..the pre stuff and games ..that I sort of suspect it could be them .but am not sure. But I saw the same falling star thing tonight.

Garuda
01-27-2012, 05:15 AM
I didn't see this thread for the Texas folk out there.

Well there is this one on Stephenville, e.g.: http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/showthread.php?364-Stephenville-Texas-Sightings

Fore
02-22-2012, 06:03 AM
This is very similar to what I saw on the 26th. Though I didn't see a tail or any sparks but it was moving across the sky at the same relative speed as what is shown in the below video with consistent (non-flickering)brightness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdlRBFX2fa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5fuhnS-ss

The one in the video occurred days later on the 1st of February at about evening to night time. This one on the first was headed north like the one I saw.