PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzing light appearing when I woke up.

cmoncy
03-04-2012, 07:46 AM
So I want to start off by saying I have never told anyone this story before because to be honest, it sounds a little crazy. This was a pretty significant event in my life because it really made me start thinking about aliens, god, and other things. After this I started doing a lot of research on extraterrestrials, close encounters, abductions, and many other things that used to seem fake to me. I stumbled upon the open minds forum a while back and used to read posts from time to time and today when I went to search for it I couldn't find it. I found this website not long after and well here I am. I guess I'm just seeking some sort of explanation as to what happened to me and why. All of this happened about 8 years ago.

So I'm sleeping in bed and I start to wake up around 8 or 9 in the morning on a Saturday. I slowly start to try to open my eyes and I can see this bright light outside the window blinds (that were mostly closed by the way) that are directly in front of my bed. Probably just the sun, right? Well it started getting brighter and brighter. Next thing I know I can't move. I feel completely paralyzed. I remember trying to move but I couldn't and I remember moaning a little but I couldn't speak or anything. I wasn't panicking though. Not long after the paralyzing light, I heard a deep, almost angry, male voice. This is where it gets weird. The voice said, "Now you have seen the powers of god" then in an almost angry, shouting kind of way said, "Do you believe!? DO YOU!?". After that the light slowly went away and I could start moving again. I remember being out of breath like I was holding my breath for some reason. Also remember my body tingling kind of like when your arm falls asleep and then blood starts to recirculate through it. Only it was my whole body. Thats pretty much all I remember. I think I got up after that and just thought it was a dream or something but it felt SO real.

I am not really a religious person so I'm not trying to say "god" spoke to me or whatever. I know this whole story sounds kind of dumb and made up and I wish it were because then I wouldn't be constantly wondering what exactly happened. I hope someone here can give me some insight on what it could have possibly meant or what happened to me.

Garuda
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
So I want to start off by saying I have never told anyone this story before because to be honest, it sounds a little crazy. This was a pretty significant event in my life because it really made me start thinking about aliens, god, and other things. After this I started doing a lot of research on extraterrestrials, close encounters, abductions, and many other things that used to seem fake to me. I stumbled upon the open minds forum a while back and used to read posts from time to time and today when I went to search for it I couldn't find it. I found this website not long after and well here I am. I guess I'm just seeking some sort of explanation as to what happened to me and why. All of this happened about 8 years ago.

So I'm sleeping in bed and I start to wake up around 8 or 9 in the morning on a Saturday. I slowly start to try to open my eyes and I can see this bright light outside the window blinds (that were mostly closed by the way) that are directly in front of my bed. Probably just the sun, right? Well it started getting brighter and brighter. Next thing I know I can't move. I feel completely paralyzed. I remember trying to move but I couldn't and I remember moaning a little but I couldn't speak or anything. I wasn't panicking though. Not long after the paralyzing light, I heard a deep, almost angry, male voice. This is where it gets weird. The voice said, "Now you have seen the powers of god" then in an almost angry, shouting kind of way said, "Do you believe!? DO YOU!?". After that the light slowly went away and I could start moving again. I remember being out of breath like I was holding my breath for some reason. Also remember my body tingling kind of like when your arm falls asleep and then blood starts to recirculate through it. Only it was my whole body. Thats pretty much all I remember. I think I got up after that and just thought it was a dream or something but it felt SO real.

I am not really a religious person so I'm not trying to say "god" spoke to me or whatever. I know this whole story sounds kind of dumb and made up and I wish it were because then I wouldn't be constantly wondering what exactly happened. I hope someone here can give me some insight on what it could have possibly meant or what happened to me.

Hi cmoncy,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your experience.

At present, it's hard to say what it could have been. It could have been sleep paralysis, it could have been an encounter with some entity...

Was this a once off occurrence?
Did you check whether there was any UFO activity reported in the neighbourhood?
Have you - or family members - had other strange events occur?

L-W
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
8 years ago you had that.

I have a 24/7 voice from 10 months up to this day.

There's a thread for it here.

vivek.bara06
03-22-2012, 06:33 AM
In reply to this I would like to share an article with everyone which i just recently came across http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3358730, the 6 most famous abductions till date.Its really interesting also includes Kirsan Ilyumzhinov former longtime head of the Region of Kalmykia, Russia.

Garuda
03-22-2012, 07:21 AM
In reply to this I would like to share an article with everyone which i just recently came across http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3358730, the 6 most famous abductions till date.Its really interesting also includes Kirsan Ilyumzhinov former longtime head of the Region of Kalmykia, Russia.

There seems to be something wrong with that page. It loads part of it in a frame that isn't scrollable so effectively you see the title and part of an image... that's it.

Neuru
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
This would be the correct address: http://thefw.com/famous-alien-abductions/

Doc
03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Allagash Abductions: I remember these four guys appearing on the Joan Rivers talk show when the story was just coming out in a book. They were absolutely convincing. They showed a large number of audience reaction shots and they appeared to be very moved by the story.

norenrad
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
The voice said, "Now you have seen the powers of god" then in an almost angry, shouting kind of way said, "Do you believe!? DO YOU!?". After that the light slowly went away and I could start moving again.

My gut feeling tells me that this is not a message from God, although, there are entities that would play a game like this with you. If anything, this experience should prove to you that there are entities or supernatural beings out there among us. Realise also that the one universal truth is that there is Good and Evil throughout this universe and that it is up to you to decide which side you want to be on.

Remember also, if God speaks, it is to deliver a profound message that benefits us all, so if you were to repeat the message, it would relate to everyone in some shape or form.

Thanks for posting your experience, do you have any thoughts about this and have any other out of the ordinary experiences happened because of this experience or that you think might be related?

cmoncy
03-30-2012, 07:45 AM
My gut feeling tells me that this is not a message from God, although, there are entities that would play a game like this with you. If anything, this experience should prove to you that there are entities or supernatural beings out there among us. Realise also that the one universal truth is that there is Good and Evil throughout this universe and that it is up to you to decide which side you want to be on.

Remember also, if God speaks, it is to deliver a profound message that benefits us all, so if you were to repeat the message, it would relate to everyone in some shape or form.

Thanks for posting your experience, do you have any thoughts about this and have any other out of the ordinary experiences happened because of this experience or that you think might be related?

I haven't had any other experiences like this one that I can remember. It happened so quick I just wasn't sure if it was a dream or what. I just wanted to see if anyone else maybe heard of another person who had a similar experience with a bright paralyzing light appearing when they wake up. I really appreciate the responses though. I know my story may sound like your typical cliche abduction story but it's something that has been bothering me for years now and I just wish I could understand why it happened and if it was real.

atmjjc
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Cmoncy,

I notice you reference your experience with a small ā€˜gā€™ when using the word god. So I will presume you feel that this is NOT an angelic or religious experience, so am I correct interpreting your experience that you describe as a possible ET alien abduction or possibly an ET communication?

The medical profession and most skeptics would classify this as sleep apnea as the way it is explained. Then again which came first the chicken or the egg? It could be that sleep apnea and sleep rem disorders are just a gateway into the unknown. There might be medical explanations as to why but the reality of your experience can be real as the earth we stand on.

Depending on who you feel has the most weight on an explanation of your experience most likely will sway or modify your own credibility of your experience one way or another. So if you ask a priest or a rabbi you will get one side if you ask an UFO researcher you will get another explanation and so on.

Since you are referring to an 8 year old memory and a onetime happening and that it has such a profound effect on your psyche than I am sure it has meaning and you alone will unravel its mystery.

In the end you decide what truth is and what is an illusion.

Thanks for sharing cmoncy