PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious 'Monster' Washes Up In Seal Beach, CA - April 26, 2012

Fore
05-05-2012, 05:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdcllLffKug
"Montalk Monster"?

norenrad
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
That looks like a dog to me.

atmjjc
05-05-2012, 10:56 AM
The first one that got attention was on the East Coast at Montauk in 2008 now this similar one at Seal Beach floating up on the West coast that looks similar.

So where are all the skeletal experts that can identify skulls and bones hundreds of thousands of years ago from just about any creature that existed on the planet but remain silent on current finds? You would think looking at the pictures they would have a clue of what kind of specie this came from instead of all us amateurs just guessing.

In the video I noticed two holes in the skull possibly bullet holes or maybe another larger animal took a taste bite?

So what genius decided to bury it?

norenrad
05-05-2012, 06:39 PM
So what genius decided to bury it?

That's exactly why this is a non-story. If it were truly a unique find, it would have been sent in for further examination.

atmjjc
05-06-2012, 12:15 PM
That's exactly why this is a non-story. If it were truly a unique find, it would have been sent in for further examination.

Well KTLA ch 5 thought it was news worthy and broadcasted it to the public but I will give you this much…I seen quite a few floaters in my time (dead things in water) both of the animal species and human and they become quite unrecognizable and bloated depending on how long they been floating and chewed upon by water life.

If it was not for the Montauk creature I too might just have blown it off as probably this and probably that without second thought.

There is one science writer by the name of Darren Naish who looked at the Montauk creature and claims it is a dead raccoon with missing upper teeth and gives a pretty convincing argument. There are also many out there claiming his conclusion is just nonsense and came forth with opposing arguments.

What’s interesting at least in the Montauk case is some of old timers who lived in the area of the old air force station Camp Hero where the time travel experiments allegedly took place reported that on occasion there would be strange animal type noises and strange creatures running around usually when there was a power drain in the area that frightened some of the residents.

norenrad
05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
My take on it is, if it's a suspicious animal thing, they wouldn't have buried it, unless they are total morons, which I don't doubt. Also, they would remember where they buried it and an interested reporter would want to have the carcass exhumed and examined. That alone makes this a non-story, because the interest wasn't sincere enough to investigate.

Fore
05-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I recall a story where japanese fishermen dragged up a huge corpse of what they alleged was a "lockness monster". They took a few photos, complained of the terrible smell and threw the entire huge corpse overboard and into the sea.

All we have is a photo. Later investigations into the photo surmised it was probably (a long thought to be extinct) aquatic dinosaur. (by analysis of the photo you can see features of the fins and other body shapes such as a long neck.)

Other people assumed it was a heavily decomposed whale.

--------------------------------------------

In either case, there are plenty of "morons" out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiyo-maru_carcass

norenrad
05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
At least keep a portion of it for study.

Doc
05-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I recall a story where japanese fishermen dragged up a huge corpse of what they alleged was a "lockness monster". They took a few photos, complained of the terrible smell and threw the entire huge corpse overboard and into the sea.

All we have is a photo. Later investigations into the photo surmised it was probably (a long thought to be extinct) aquatic dinosaur. (by analysis of the photo you can see features of the fins and other body shapes such as a long neck.)

Other people assumed it was a heavily decomposed whale.

--------------------------------------------

In either case, there are plenty of "morons" out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiyo-maru_carcass

I remember seeing that one and a similar case ten years or so ago. In both cases they couldn't get rid of the bodies fast enough. Makes me wonder if there is more going on there than they are saying. They got that easy answer out there quick enough to suggest classic debunking PR technique.