PDA

View Full Version : NBC Cameraman Captures UFO

murmur
05-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Kind of interesting......

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981334132

Fresno, California is on high UFO alert after a cameraman from the local NBC affiliate captured a video of an unidentified flying object hovering over the city.

Just eight hours later, on Friday, May 11, 2012, a similar object was filmed nearby which displayed many of the same characteristics.

The unusual double sighting has got Fresno buzzing because of the experience of the cameraman, Kevin Williams, who can be heard on the tape explaining why the object is so unusual. Other witnesses can be heard agreeing with him in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxqR8K5k8U&hd=1

There is a part near the beginning where the object flashes....47 second mark.

Could it be Venus?

enigphilo
05-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Video, daytime, witness, credible, off camera witnesses, multiple sightings, multiple objects. I can't wait to here the naysayers find a way to dismiss it all. There is a phenomenon going on, how can that be denied? This or any video doesn't confirm aliens but at this point there is enough evidence to say something is happening. I think at this point failing to wonder what is going on is just fear of finding out the answer. Great post Murmur

Let the paper airplane theories begin.

majicbar
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
"Could it be Venus? " No! Did you notice the Moon at the beginning of the shot? Venus right now is a very slender crescent and is closer to the sun, this "UFO" has the wrong geometry to be Venus. This UFO is further down the "sun-line" and has to be something within our atmosphere as all other celestial objects would be too dim to be seen at this time of day. Venus as of a couple days ago was bright enough to be seen in the daylight, but you'd have to shelter the view from the sunlight to see it as it is so close to the Sun.

murmur
05-18-2012, 02:11 AM
I only mentioned Venus cuz it is so bright now

I'd like to rule out possibilities

What about a satellite?

norenrad
05-18-2012, 02:26 AM
The object moved back and forth a couple of times and from that height, it would have been incredibly fast.

majicbar
05-18-2012, 04:31 AM
I only mentioned Venus cuz it is so bright now

I'd like to rule out possibilities

What about a satellite?

A satellite would move across the sky with speed and dissappear within a few minutes, but to have a bright flare visible during the day the flare would last only a few seconds and the rest of the time it would be invisible. Possibly there might be a geostationary satellite that could flare and also be in the same position like this appears to behave, but I don't recall this happening and certainly it is not something that the spotting community has reported to date.

CasperParks
05-18-2012, 05:48 AM
The jet appears lower in the sky than the flashes of light.

Marvin
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I had a sighting that was very, very similar to this a number of years ago (but mine was even a bit more bizarre). A jet passed between the object and myself at about 20-25,000 feet, showing the object(s) to be around 5-10 times higher in altitude. There aren’t very many known aircraft that can fly at that altitude… and none that would demonstrate the flight characteristics I saw. I have no clue what they are.

It is nice to have validation of a sighting.

M

murmur
05-18-2012, 08:40 PM
From an old friend of ours post on the borg thread
http://amkon.net/showthread.php/21760-Notice!-You-are-hereby-terminated-by-the-Borg?p=879276&viewfull=1#post879276

Hi Mur. I loaded Stellarium, set location to Fresno and set date and time to match video. I removed atmosphere for easier view of star field. Using the moon as a reference point in the video and after viewing Stellarium, I believe he was seeing the star Altair. Yes, some stars can be seen in the daylight hours including Altair. Thats my explanation anyway.

http://calgary.rasc.ca/daystars/index.htm

Pretty good explanation

murmur
05-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I made a comment on the guys youtube acct....referencing that it could be the star Altair.

He deleted it

Tells me all I need to know