PDA

View Full Version : 12,000 Year Old Unexplained Structure

Doc
06-09-2012, 07:37 PM
This one has everything! Ancient Mysteries! Lost Civilizations! LMH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0ViMVxKZA&feature=related

murmur
06-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Interesting.....good stuff.

I'm struck by the way the columns remind me of highway over pass columns.

I know they are not...it just seems that they supported something else.

13 years seems like a long time....and there does not seem to be that much progress.

Should be quicker

CasperParks
06-10-2012, 06:40 AM
This one has everything! Ancient Mysteries! Lost Civilizations! LMH!

Doc, excellent find...

We know very little of our history.

majicbar
06-10-2012, 07:17 AM

13 years seems like a long time....and there does not seem to be that much progress.

Should be quicker

Sites like this one are dug out with a trowel and a paintbrush, with every little fine detail studied, recorded and placed in the overall context of the site as they dig it out. It is a tedious effort and the idea is to not dig it all out, but let some remain for later times when better techniques and advanced knowledge are available.

Doc
06-10-2012, 07:19 AM

Should be quicker

Limited resources would be my guess. I know there are sites here that are sitting unexplored because there are not enough resources to go around. This is why there is so much private funding and volunteer help on digs. Without deep pockets, sites will be explored for maybe two weeks a year...and on a shoestring budget at that. In some areas people will find an interesting spot and unless thye are graduate students who need a thesis topic, they will not even bother reporting it because they know nothing will ever be done.

Doc
06-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Doc, excellent find...

We know very little of our history.

Thanks, it was a lucky find. I was following up on someone's link and saw this.

southerncross
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Some publications have referred to the site as man's earliest temple, but what of the underwater temples near Malta for example? They were above ground before the ice age melt off. And the 'city' in deep water at the mouth of the Indus, or the city found in very deep water off of Cuba?
Archeology is harming itself by marginalizing these discoveries. We have essentially chosen to go in to some kind of cultural denial as if we are incapable of reframing our reality.

I believe we are far far older in terms of sophisticated building and thinking regarding our spirituality and our relationships to one another.
Thanks for posting this Doc. I understand there is another site in the same general area. I'll try to do some 'digging' myself on it.

Doc
06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
It is starting to look like even over there in the Old World the dating of anything older than 6 or 7,000 years is suspect.

CasperParks
06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
It is starting to look like even over there in the Old World the dating of anything older than 6 or 7,000 years is suspect.

It is interesting the resurge in discovery of ancient ruins.

southerncross
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Some of that can be attributed to population growth in areas where there hasn't been digging before. Also, satellite archeology is growing as a technique. They recently found an Egyptian pyramid complex through satellite study. And Central American temples are being located that way as well.
I am excited about the underwater archeology being done. So much lies just out of sight below the water near the shores. I'm sure money is very tight right now, but oil exploration is finding things too, as they located the "sunken" city at the mouth of the Indus River. It would have to predate the ice age meltoff and as it was sophisticated in city planning and covered a square mile they suspect it was in development for 500 to 1000 years. So much just out of reach and it is incredibly frustrating.

Doc
06-11-2012, 10:57 PM
“Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear:

Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air.”