PDA

View Full Version : Is this video real or fake?

kleemkrishnaya
06-20-2012, 05:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zzSKsma0mFw#!

I know people are suspecting the OP faked it because of a yawn that can be heard, but that could also be the release of pent up breath due to excitement.. . .or not?

Neuru
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
If anything, it's a nice demonstration of the lens flare filter. In the 1990s amateur web designers and photo-manipulation hobbyists used to love it.

To my untrained eye, the lights look too 'clean' compared to the clouds. That could be the side-effect of autofocus though, or it could be the side-effect of blatant fakery. An object of particular interest may be the 'wide' lights we can see up close at 0:02, 0:05, 0:19, among others, which just look plain wrong, like someone took the graphics for one of the circular ones and stretched it horizontally. Stop the video at 0:20 when a light about as bright as the 'wide' one appears and observe the 'corona' around both. The 'corona' looks too stretched out at the edges of the wide light. Shouldn't it very closely follow the contours of the light? Doesn't seem to at all. (I may very well be wrong about this.)

Also, why is it that someone who records such phenomena must cut the footage at points? Why couldn't they bear the thought of leaving it untouched?

(Take all of this with a grain of salt, it'd be better to hear an expert's opinion on this -- if it's even worth the attention of one, since we don't even get to see the supposed spacecraft themselves.)

Elevenaugust
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Beware of the source! xxxdonutzxxx has a total of 17 videos posted, ALL of them about UFOs which would indicate that xxxdonutzxxx is not the original source.
Any videos posted from video streams where the youtube user has noting but UFO videos is typically deemed suspect. Context verification becomes difficult without input from the actual videographer. Further, youtube video posters that post nothing but UFO videos have a high statistical probability towards fraudulent perpetuation. That, does not make this video a hoax, or not a hoax, just suspect above regular suspect.

As for me, I WON'T post videos from any UFO groups channel: (unless very convincing)
xxxdonutzxxx
Thirdphaseofthemoon
ADG
crazybreakingnews

...who has nothing but ufo videos in their video stream.

Additionally, these videos come saddled with advertisements so xxxdonutzxxx makes money every time you watch one of these videos in their video stream.

Such things, regardless the content of the video me finds suspicious.:thumbdown:

Neuru
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you for warning. I think there should be such a notice stickied on this subforum; maybe added to the submission guidelines?

Marvin
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
IMHO, its CGI.

M

kleemkrishnaya
06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Thank you all. . I am so disappointed in the human race. . . .why do people do this?!

CasperParks
06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you all. . I am so disappointed in the human race. . . .why do people do this?!

This thread may help answer that question...

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/showthread.php?588-Top-Ten-Reasons-for-Hoaxes

It is a sad state of affairs... You are in the right place at Outpost Form, Exploring The Fronter Of Understanding.

CasperParks
01-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Another one for the real or fake files:

Friend brought this one to my attention. I am going with fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14JGlyX9OUo

Marvin
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Another one for the real or fake files:

Friend brought this one to my attention. I am going with fake.

I am going with you on this one.

M