PDA

View Full Version : Summer camp encounter, age 14 in 1971

CasperParks
06-24-2012, 05:31 AM
1971, life was simpler. 14 years old at the time, I was working at a summer camp, one night four of us trekked down to the lake. The calm was unusual, the lake clear as glass. It was warm, so we decided to take a dip. The lake sat in a basin, half surrounded by steep hills.

Across the lake, from above a blueberry farm darted a hazy orange glow, accented by at its edges by a hazy white. Egg-shaped, that was larger than a regular pick-up, smaller than a semi-length with height equal to the latter.

The craft zipped at a high speed across the lake, right near where we stood on the dock. Close enough to throw a rock at, it hooved above lily pads near shore at less than eight feet above the water. Stunned, we stood there, mouths gapping open. 15 to 30 seconds it hovered. Once our feet started moving along the dock toward shore, the craft shot upward along the hillside behind us, barely above the tree-line.

We took off after it, running full tilt up a damp clay path, leaning forward to keep our balances. Of course, it was long gone before we reached the hayfield that double as our athletic field. Being a Christian camp, born-again… Discussions followed for the remained of that week between staff members.

A couple weeks later, I was standing in the hayfield, gazing skyward. Looked at my cheap watch and noted the time, 12:20AM. It had been a long tiring day, with another one to follow and loving it, loving life, there was no other place greater.

Then, suddenly the orange glow had returned hovering above the winding road that led into the 80 acre property. Then zip, it shot at an angle upward, paused briefly near the ionosphere as if looking back down on me.

I glimpsed at my watch, 3:17AM. Time had vanished, and realized I was not standing in the same spot at 3 hours earlier. I stood several yards to the right of where I was. There was a peace within, not to worry and everything will work itself-out.

Reported it to the two Collage age counselors and other JC with me the week prior, also to the Camp Director again. This time it was only me, no other witnesses. Camp Director insisted, “If you really saw it, then you have to report it. Do you want to report it?” I was adamant, “I saw it!”

One of my responsibilities, help with the canoeing craft time for campers. Lunch was approaching, so dragged the canoes onto the beach and headed up the hill. Parked near the flagpole at the dining hall was an army green sedan. An officer was talking to older staff members, when a camper pointed at me and yelled, “There he is!”

The Army Officer tossed me a nasty glare, then he left before I reached the top of the steep hill. The glare seemed to say a number of things. We know who you are. Second, asked an accusing why you? What are you up to?

Camper Director told us, “They said it was an experimental helicopter.”

One of the College age counselors from the first sighting replied, “Yeah right, a helicopter that makes no noise and makes no wind.”

Garuda
06-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Thanks for sharing that story.

Have you ever considered doing a regression to find out what happened during the missing time?

CasperParks
06-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks for sharing that story.

Have you ever considered doing a regression to find out what happened during the missing time?

I am not sure about any type of hypnosis for missing time.

In grade school, woke in an alleyway across the street from home, staring at the morning star Venus. January or February, think it was late January. Did not know how I got there, fully dressed wearing mittens, winter hat, coat and boots, just sitting there gazing skyward.

Figured it was time for school and headed off, go there an hour early. Had to use the bathrooms in a bad way, and janitor would not let me in. I must have been nine or ten years old, just guessing, it was a long time ago.

touched
07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for sharing Casper. Good luck with your new book btw. Besides these 3 encounters were there any others throughout your lifetime ?

Cliff

CasperParks
07-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for sharing Casper. Good luck with your new book btw. Besides these 3 encounters were there any others throughout your lifetime ?

Cliff

Thanks...

CasperParks
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes, had a number of strange type encounters, alien and human. Will post more later...