PDA

View Full Version : The Cryptos Conundrum

Lee
06-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Robbie Graham of silverscreen saucers has written a new article about a very interesting new novel from former CIA veteran Chase Brandon:

"CIA veteran writes Roswell conspiracy book

Chase Brandon, a thirty-five year veteran of the CIA, will tonight appear as a guest on Coast to Coast AM with John B. Wells. Many listeners will no doubt be unfamiliar with Brandon and his career with the CIA, but his name has passed my lips literally thousands of times over the past several years.

Brandon spent twenty-five years in the Agency’s elite Clandestine Service as an undercover, covert operations officer. His foreign assignments involved international terrorism, counterinsurgency, global narcotics trafficking and weapons smuggling. He was also an Agency foreign political affairs analyst, Presidential briefer to Bill Clinton and an instructor in paramilitary and espionage tactics at multiple secret CIA training camps.

Brandon is perhaps best known as the CIA's former Entertainment Liaison Officer - a position that required him to establish working relationships with many of the biggest names in Hollywood and to provide advice to filmmakers on matters of "accuracy and authenticity" with regard to the CIA's image onscreen. He was - though he prefers to phrase it more sympathetically - the CIA's chief frontline propagandist in Hollywood. He advised on countless films and TV series - often uncredited - quietly shaping scripts, characters and concepts." Read more: http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk/

Lee
06-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Here is the book's homepage and promo material:

http://i48.tinypic.com/34oc9s2.jpg

A Cosmic Conspiracy

A sculpture emblazoned with a coded message central to mankind’s survival stands in the Central Intelligence Agency’s courtyard.
One man knows the cipher.

Dr. Jonathan Chalmers heads a CIA unit that safeguards the greatest secret our government has ever kept—and he plans for its consequences.

He knows the truth about the Roswell UFO crash… and the convergence of alien forces ordained to wage a galactic battle on Earth, fighting to possess whatever remains of the Earth.

http://cryptosconundrum.com/

“It turns out, every shocking conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard was correct. Chase Brandon, an undercover CIA veteran, has written the conspiracy thriller of the century…a spellbinding novel that ends with an apocalyptic bang!” —Douglas Preston, New York Times bestselling author of Impact

“The Cryptos Conundrum immediately pulled me into an amazing, constantly surprising story about time and space. It’s an entertaining and thoughtful read.” —Larry Niven, New York Times bestselling author of Betrayer of Worlds

atmjjc
06-24-2012, 12:20 PM
:thumbup:

newyorklily
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
This sounds very interesting. Thanks, Lee.

Lee
06-24-2012, 01:48 PM
It looks very good doesn't it. Just found an excerpt - first six chapters - here:

http://www.criminalelement.com/stories/2012/05/cryptos-conundrum-new-excerpt-thriller-noir-espionage-chase-brandon-cia

Keep an eye out for the C2C interview on youtube, that would be worth a listen too.

Garuda
06-24-2012, 02:24 PM
It looks very good doesn't it. Just found an excerpt - first six chapters - here:

http://www.criminalelement.com/stories/2012/05/cryptos-conundrum-new-excerpt-thriller-noir-espionage-chase-brandon-cia

Keep an eye out for the C2C interview on youtube, that would be worth a listen too.

The URL gives a 404 error...

This one seems to work, though: http://www.criminalelement.com/stories/2012/05/cryptos-conundrum-new-excerpt-thriller-noir-espionage-chase-brandon-cia-

Fore
06-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Is his book a work of fiction? He could have fooled me with his fantasy script. Sounds like he repackaged and edited a real life scenario in the form of a book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V5DNeHwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXsE4txCkAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aHY5qUkV8

Part 3 is the meat and bones of the interview (IMO). Specifically at 31 minutes onwards.

--------------------------------FAIR USE NOTICE:-----------------------------
The above links contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

Chris
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I just tried to download the e-book and it says it isn't available - which is odd since it is listed on the Barnes & Noble website as being there and available???

Lee
06-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for posting that, Fore!

Which elements of this novel have a basis in reality, if any, really is the key question here isn't it? I had hoped that the host at C2C would have asked some very direct and specific questions, unfortunately he didn't.

I'm gonna get a copy of the book anyway, I enjoyed the excerpt, and maybe we'll see if he will do an interview with us here at The OutPost sometime in the near future.

CasperParks
06-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I just tried to download the e-book and it says it isn't available - which is odd since it is listed on the Barnes & Noble website as being there and available???

It is listed at Amazon, listed at $15.80 hardcover and 12.99 e-book. I can see 2.95 or even 4.95 for an e-book...

Fore
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for posting that, Fore!

Which elements of this novel have a basis in reality, if any, really is the key question here isn't it? I have only read the reviews of the book and peoples descriptions. From what I can see and glean, this is not a straight forward work of fiction from the number of "real elements" that the book covers.

This book and its story sounds more like someones "CIA compilation" of stories and facts that have come across their desk in 25 years of service. Like "a true X-Files" and the amazing number of real life projects associated with it. Some of the elements in the book I have heard of in Real Life references in my time with the ET. Many elements in the book cover a broad base of unwatered down story lines that only those "involved" would probably recognize within the story itself.

(IMO) I do not know why this man hasn't been incarcerated by his own C.I.A. . I think the title of the book is more in reference to the "real elements" inside and how he hides it in plain sight within its covers. I do not think "the title" is in reference to "a fictional or real monument" to which he points to in his story as "saving the world".

CRYPTOS CONUNDRUM is quite the appropriate name to give such a book. It almost looks as if he got the strangest and most bewildering reports and 1 [mid tier] entity's series of diaries and then worked it into "a work of fiction" to be published. From the elements I see people referencing and complaining the story as "Bizarre"....it sounds like the original source was probably either 1 or a group of hybrid proxies that worked for the ET as human liaisons.

Probably working to (as the books premise goes) to establish policy and give inroads to the ET agenda on Earth.

For the Author to incorporate so many aspects of real events into a story line that only covers 400 pages is interesting. He even writes about those abilities the "main character" is gifted with. If this truly were purely fiction from his mind and not based on something very real, I find it hard to believe that he would hit the mark on so many points.

He even incorporated the Higher Order Entities and their "ongoing" involvements in the process. Either that or as I suspect the original material is a series of diaries based on one or more accounts of [mid tier] hybrid proxies.

The author seems to have taken some liberties to describe the main characters future predictive analysis, interconnected-ness with the operating faction, advanced intellectual capacities, and even incorporated specific elements of the main characters reception of non-standard knowledge with strong allusions to non-standard mentality.

----------------------------------

The cryptic conundrum is simply a cryptic series of references if you are not able to decode the story without having a grip on what is behind the story itself.

The people reviewing the book generally seem to consider it bizarre and interesting with a mishmash of storylines that is so bizarre that (ironically LOL) they don't accept it as valid fiction. With a character whom does not comport (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/comport) itself as a human being should and therefore is hard to understand or follow. Though the fictional rendition seems pretty familiar and ordinary from the way people describe him if you ultimately consider what kind of person is being depicted.

Anyway, those are my sentiments on the book. I had a good laugh reading through the reviews and seeing the cited elements of the story plot and the complaints that followed.

Chris
06-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I was able to finally download it and I read about 1/3 of it this morning. Very interesting book and another fantastic premise to consider when looking at our foundations as a species.

atmjjc
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Has anyone caught what Chase Brandon stated in the last video from CtC that Fore posted starting approximately 24:35?

We have a 35 year veteran of the CIA, 25 of those years in the clandestine service and he stated he got a look in a box from the Historical Intelligence Collection section of the CIA containing Roswell 1947 crash site artifacts.

He went on to state that in no way is he going to say what was in the box specifically but he can guarantee 100% that the Roswell incident did happen and there was a craft and cadavers.

This is going to be another thorn in the shoe of the skeptics out there. I can only guess they will coddle a belief that Chase Brandon was puffing a story to promote his book.

Lee
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, atmajic! That's just the sort of specific information I was looking for. :cool:

Just listened to that section and found it to be very important. Posted on our Facebook page:

Former CIA man Chase Brandon, author of the a new book The Cryptos Conundrum, made an astounding revelation on a recent coast to Coast interview.

For the first time, as far as I'm aware, he tells how the CIA Historical Intelligence Collection (HIC) contains a box marked "Roswell"...!!! According to Mr Brandon the box contained;

" ... materials .... papers, there were other items ... John ... I, 100% garantee... in my heart and soul, I say Roswell happened.. er, there was a craft... absolutely cadavers... Beyond that I have no idea where anything else went.."

Listen to Mr Brandon's revelations below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aHY5qUkV8&feature=player_embedded

Ref: 26:45 - 28:00

epo333
06-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Wow, thats really new! Only 39 views at this time, watch that count go up next few days/weeks.

Lee
07-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I just found a tentative confirmation of Chase Brandon's employment with the Central Intelligence Agency on their own website:

"The Central Intelligence Agency has been named the "Public Sector Employer of the Year" by CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine. The plaque noting the award was accepted on behalf of the CIA by Chase Brandon of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs at the publication's EXPO 1998 in Anaheim, California, May 28-31. The Magazine's citation reads as follows:" (emphasis mine) Source - https://www.cia.gov/news-information/press-releases-statements/press-release-archive-1998/pr060898.html

atmjjc
07-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Here is a Nov 29, 2005 article from ABC Good Morning America referring to Chase Brandon.
The CIA's Man in Hollywood

Nov. 29, 2005

The CIA provides endless fodder for screenwriters -- think "Mission Impossible" and "The Bourne Identity." According to the agency's Hollywood liaison, sometimes filmmakers get it right, sometimes they don't.

Chase Brandon, a 32-year CIA veteran, said that often filmmakers consult with the agency. He worked on "In the Company of Spies," "The Recruit" and "The Sum of All Fears," all of which he said accurately portray the agency. However, the CIA did not contribute to the newest George Clooney film, "Syriana."

In the movie, Clooney's character orders a murder. Brandon said "it's just a movie," and in fiction, filmmakers are free to do whatever they want. "Syriana," however, is based on a book by an ex-CIA agent.

It is not that fiction doesn't come close to facts, it's just that most of what happens in the movies is much more intense, he says. The plots are usually life or death situations, which is not always the case in real agency work, Brandon said. He was undercover for 25 years. He said movie makers and audiences like to see things explode.

"Mission Impossible" represents a movie that is a bit too extreme for Brandon's taste.

"The peel-off masks are little over the top," he said.

James Bond, he said, would be the worst spy ever. He made no secret of who he was and was constantly engaged in bloody fights and dramatic escapes.

"You're not doing your job," Brandon said of the fictional British agent 007. "The whole point is to not be obvious."

The ABC television show "Alias" has it pretty close to right, Brandon said.

"Sydney Bristow is dynamic, smart, fit, gifted with languages, creative when she needs to be, and enormously dedicated and patriotic," he said of the main character. "That's exactly what we want our officers to be."

The difficulty in making a movie about the CIA is that so much of the agency's work is supposed to go unnoticed by the average person. Movies like "The Sum of All Fears" and "In the Company of Spies" do a good job of not just showing dangerous missions, but also the interplay between officers and the relationships that develop within the agency. The "heart of the movies is in the right place," Brandon said. They show the CIA agents' complicated existence.

"It's not a career. It's not a job," he said. "It's a lifestyle."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1355027

The movies he consulted on from the IMdb.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1260221/

Lee
07-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Here is a new article on Chase Brandon's Roswell Revelations from Silver Screen Saucers:

"Senior CIA Officer Claims Knowledge of Roswell-Alien Cover-up

By Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, PhD

On 23 June, 2012, in an interview for the popular American radio show, Coast to Coast AM, the CIA’s former liaison to the entertainment industry, Charles ‘Chase’ Brandon made extraordinary claims about the so-called “Roswell incident,” in which the US military is widely believed to have retrieved extraterrestrial materials and bodies after a mysterious object crashed in the deserts of New Mexico.

Brandon declared:

"I also absolutely know as I sit here talking to you that there was a craft from beyond this world that crashed at Roswell, that the military picked up remains of not just the wreckage, but cadavers."

Most explosively, Brandon recounted an occasion when he saw direct proof of the alien nature of Roswell while conducting research at the CIA’s Historical Intelligence Collection (HIC) as part of his role as CIA Entertainment Liaison Officer (ELO). Brandon claimed he had the rare opportunity to look inside a box labelled “Roswell” containing “materials... papers... [and] other items” but stressed that he “cannot, will not, under any imaginable set of circumstances tell you what I saw in there specifically,” with the implication being that to reveal more specific details would be a breach of national security." Read more - http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/senior-cia-officer-claims-knowledge-of.html?spref=fb

It seems that Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford have contacted the CIA directly on this matter and are awaiting an official response. It will be very interesting to hear what they have to say.

Will they deny all knowledge? Will they say they have searched HIC and the box in question is missing? Or, will they say they have found the box and are considering it's release to the appropriate public authorities? Time will tell.

Doc
07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Garry Bekkum with news and corroboration from past interviews:

http://www.starpod.us/2012/07/09/psycheleaks-roswell-et-cadavers-were-real/#.T_rxu_XVWM9

STARstream Research previously reported (http://www.starpod.org/news/1110263.htm) on a former CIA officer who claimed he had been told by senior CIA officials that the U.S. government had made contact with alien astronauts.

Tales of government involvement with extraterrestrial sources are known by insiders as the CORE STORY."

Doc
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
More from the Daily Mail via Ed Komarek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2170831/Roswell-UFO-landing-CIA-agent-Chase-Brandon-speaks-65th-anniversary.html

'It was a craft that did not come from this planet': CIA agent speaks out on 65th anniversary of Roswell 'UFO' landings

'Box' of information includes photographs that prove Roswell UFO was real
Report by veteran CIA agent who
Information concealed in 'Vault' beneath CIA's Langley headquarters

By Rob Waugh (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Rob+Waugh)
PUBLISHED: 03:48 EST, 9 July 2012 | UPDATED: 07:11 EST, 9 July 2012

A long-serving CIA agent has spoken out on the 65th anniversary of the Roswell Incident to reveal a hidden CIA file on the 'UFO' that was supposedly found at the site - and says, 'It really happened.'
Conspiracy theorists believe that alien bodies from the crashed 'disc' were autopsied - and that modern technologies have been built on discoveries from inside the craft.

Chase Brandon, an agent who served 25 years with the agency, said that the information is concealed in a hidden vault within the agency's Langley headquarters.

'It was in a vaulted area - there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell. I rummaged inside it, put the box on the shelf and said, "My God, it really happened."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2170831/Roswell-UFO-landing-CIA-agent-Chase-Brandon-speaks-65th-anniversary.html#ixzz208lV10pB

Lee
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
It looks like this story is about to finally get an official response from the CIA, thanks to the efforts of Robbie Graham, Matthew Alford, Grant Cameron and Victor Viggiani. (Great work guys!) -

"International syndication receives response from CIA on Chase Brandon

Breaking News

[As indicated in the last press release on this matter here at ExoNews, dated June 28.2012, the ZlandCommunications investigation of the Chase Brandon story would continue. Dramatic developments have transpired. Below is an up-date on these developments.]
Toronto – [ZNN] Further investigation reveals that efforts by a syndicated international group comprised of four researches from the UK and Canada to obtain direct and specific answers from the CIA about the validity of Chase Brandon’s highly provocative statements concerning the Roswell UFO incident have met with significant success.

ZNN’s investigation indicates that significant progress has been made by the syndicated international group to gain clarity on this matter over the last six days.

This syndicated international group from the UK and Canada made contact with the CIA on July 2.2012. The purpose of the contact was to make direct and specific inquiries about the validity of Chase Brandon’s provocative statements about the Roswell UFO incident, its possible national security implications and other related secrecy and intelligence issues raised by the former CIA operative on Coast to Coast AM on Saturday June 23.2012.

Below is an excerpt from the letter sent by the international group of researchers to the CIA and the CIA’s subsequent response.
LETTER TO THE CIA

[EXCERPT OF ORIGINAL LETTER TO CIA PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPT from signatories Robbie Graham, Doctoral Candidate, (UK) - Matthew Alford, Ph.D., (UK) - Grant Cameron, (Canada) and Victor Viggiani M.Ed., (Canada)]

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 6:38 AM

To: entertainmentliaison; PAULAST
Cc: matthewalfordphd@googlemail.com; whitehouseufo@gmail.com; zland@sympatico.ca
Subject: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 6:38 AM

Re: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

…”Our questions are as follows:

1. Was Mr.Brandon’s interview on Coast to Coast AM on 23 June, 2012 – and were the comments he made during this interview – subject to prior approval by the CIA’s Publications Review Board (PRB)?

2. Does Mr.Brandon’s assertion that the CIA currently has in its possession proof of extraterrestrial visitation – which we stress he claims to have seen while working in his capacity as ELO – constitute a disclosure of classified information? If so, is he subject to legal penalties or other action as a result of this disclosure? If not, why not?

3. Is Mr. Brandon still under contract with the CIA in any capacity?

4. Are there any circumstances under which members of the public (academics, journalists, for example) might be granted limited access to the HIC? In other words, is it possible for the public to independently verify Mr. Brandon’s claims regarding Roswell materials in the HIC?

5. As an extension of the above question, what CIA communication policies are in place to provide the public with an opportunity to respond to and enquire about materials observed and statements made by former CIA operatives concerning the Roswell matter that may be seen to communicate classified intelligence or national security information in a public forum?

6. If avenues for public verification of Mr. Brandon’s claims are not available at this time, we ask that the CIA officially comment on hisRoswellstatements, either confirming or denying their veracity.

To clarify, the above questions are posed not in the context of Mr. Brandon’s fictional book, but of the allegedly factual statements he made during his interview on Coast to Coast AM, which are now a matter of significant public interest.

Thank you very much for your careful consideration of this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Robbie Graham

Doctoral Candidate

University of Bristol

Department of Drama: Theatre, Film, Television

United Kingdom

Matthew Alford, PhD

Author:

Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy

United Kingdom

Grant Cameron

Author: UFOs, MJ-12, and the Government

Winnipeg, Canada

Victor Viggiani M.Ed.

News Director

ZlandCommunications

Toronto, Canada”

CIA RESPONSE:

—–Original Message—–

To: rbbgraham <rbbgraham@aol.co.uk>; paulast <paulast@ucia.gov>

CC: matthewalfordphd <matthewalfordphd@googlemail.com>; whitehouseufo <whitehouseufo@gmail.com>; zland <zland@sympatico.ca>; Media <Media@ucia.gov>

Sent: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:31

Subject: RE: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

“Mr. Graham,

Off the record, we will look into your questions and get back to you as quickly as possible. Best,

Ian Tuttle

Office of Public Affairs

Central Intelligence Agency”

ZlandCommunications - as part of this international syndication that has been contacted by the CIA – will follow this potentially volatile and dramatic story in the public’s interest. ZNN will also attempt to ensure that the CIA’s efforts to provide the international syndication with a response about Chase Brandon’s statements on the Roswell UFO crash will be made available to the public as soon as practically possible.

This Press Release may be distributed freely. The entire text of the letter to the CIA will be made public in due course.

Journalists wishing more background information may use the contact information below.

The investigation continues.

###

ZlandCommunications NewsNetwork

Toronto Ontario Canada

zland@sympatico.ca"

Source - http://news.exopoliticsinstitute.org/index.php/international-syndication-receives-response-from-cia-on-chase-brandon76886/

Dragonfire
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Very nice. Thanks Lee

CasperParks
07-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Wonder if this isn't timed release for some reason.

Lee
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Here's the latest. The CIA have now responded to Robbie and the rest, Not what we hoped for, but not a surprise either:

CIA Responds to Ex-Official’s “Roswell Happened” Claim: Not True
By Matthew Alford, PhD

After a tense wait, the CIA has finally stated its position on the explosive “Roswell Happened” comments made by their former Entertainment Liaison Officer Chase Brandon. Jennifer Youngblood of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs said that official historians have checked their files but “found nothing in the Agency’s holdings to corroborate Mr. Brandon’s specific claims.”

Brandon ignited an ongoing media furore following his appearance on Coast to Coast AM on June 23 of this year when he announced that he had seen evidence in a box marked ‘Roswell’ at the CIA’s Historical Intelligence Collection (HIC) which confirmed “100%” his belief that the government had recovered an extraterrestrial craft and its occupants near Roswell, New Mexico in July of 1947.

The CIA was responding by email to a detailed series of questions sent by a group of British and Canadian researchers: Robbie Graham, doctoral candidate at the University of Bristol and editor of silverscreensaucers.blogspot.com, Matthew Alford, Grant Cameron, and Victor Viggiani. The group’s email requested information about Brandon, specifically: his current relationship with the CIA; the possibility of researchers checking his claims; the vetting of his comments by the Publications Review Board, and whether his utterances disclosed classified information in any way." Read more:http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk/

Marvin
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
As a money making venture (to sale books), what Chase is doing (and the CIA is allowing him to do) makes sense.

Chase’s ”Roswell” story and vault adventure do not make sense. How would he have seen what he claims to have seen without the need to know? I seriously doubt Langley would allow folks to go into a restriction vault and freely wander around to peruse through whatever their curiosity lead them to. How would they keep any secrets allowing that?

In my opinion… Chase Brandon is 100% bogus, so if you are looking for the truth, save your money.

Lee
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
As a money making venture (to sale books), what Chase is doing (and the CIA is allowing him to do) makes sense.

Chase’s ”Roswell” story and vault adventure do not make sense. How would he have seen what he claims to have seen without the need to know? I seriously doubt Langley would allow folks to go into a restriction vault and freely wander around to peruse through whatever their curiosity lead them to. How would they keep any secrets allowing that?

In my opinion… Chase Brandon is 100% bogus, so if you are looking for the truth, save your money.
I don't know, Marvin. We can be pretty sure he is a former employee of the CIA, I found confirmation on their own website:

I just found a tentative confirmation of Chase Brandon's employment with the Central Intelligence Agency on their own website:

"The Central Intelligence Agency has been named the "Public Sector Employer of the Year" by CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine. The plaque noting the award was accepted on behalf of the CIA by Chase Brandon of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs at the publication's EXPO 1998 in Anaheim, California, May 28-31. The Magazine's citation reads as follows:" (emphasis mine) Source - https://www.cia.gov/news-information/press-releases-statements/press-release-archive-1998/pr060898.html
Whether his 'Roswell box" story is genuine or not remains to be seen, but I seriously doubt that a 35 year veteran of the agency would tell such a big lie in order to sell books. His book would certainly have been vetted and his interview quite probably was too. Note that all the CIA's official response said was that they couldn't find the box. They avoided anwering the questions about his current status and whether his book and interview were vetted or not.

No doubt as soon as that interview went out the box in question would have been removed from the HIC, if not long before, he never said when he viewed it.

As for access, it was my understanding that he did have access at the time.

Marvin
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't know, Marvin. We can be pretty sure he is a former employee of the CIA, I found confirmation on their own website....

No debate Lee, it is one thing to work for the Agency… it is a another to “leak” classified information with the knowledge of the Agency. I'm sure people will be guided by their own opinion as to what the facts are on this question.

Whether his 'Roswell box" story is genuine or not remains to be seen, but I seriously doubt that a 35 year veteran of the agency would tell such a big lie in order to sell books.

I am not as convinced as you are, this is not his first book. He admits this new book is a work of fiction.

Is it gray propaganda? At best it is.

Is it nothing but fiction? Based on what was conveyed in the media… yea, probably so.

While this is only my opinion, it is based on the best available facts I have at hand. Chase’s running into a box marked “Roswell” in a vault, is simply not credible to me.

Maybe he is being told to write the book (and what to say). Maybe he is just trying to profit on his former employment and writing a totally fictional account. Either way, it is not likely to be what people are hoping for (it will just be more smoke mirrors)... I do not believe the Agency would allow a "tell all book" to be written by an employee in the know without their blessing (and that has yet to happen and it is not likely to happen any time soon).

Time will tell.

M

Dragonfire
07-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I couldn't find what his title was or how deep he got. "The plaque noting the award was accepted on behalf of the CIA by Chase Brandon of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs" If that highlighted part is it, he didn't get very far into anything....I'm with Marvin on this. I think it is bunk and book publicity.

my 2c worth.

Fore
07-13-2012, 07:23 AM
I am not as convinced as you are, this is not his first book. He admits this new book is a work of fiction.

There are a varied number of ways you can use a book like his as an advantageous "fictional story book" or as a form of counter intel project to confuse other intelligence agencies whom often assign people to keep an eye on what the latest leaks are. Actually there is a technique for fabrications that anyone can use to ascertain who knows what and how much. You can probably use it to even confuse people whom know enough about something but not the entire story.

------------------------------------

If one of us were to work for a third party it wouldn't be very hard to simply sign up under a false psuedoname and make a strange fictionalized story about the ET and UFO phenomena. As an opening design, you can create a general fictional story (the trojan horse). Inside this trojan horse...on little shelves inside of it...you can insert real material from factual events. These can be real plots, actual techniques and methods, and known situations.

When you open your mouth under this psuedoname you can then mention things you inserted into the trojan horse storyline. Anyone whom has had an actual encounter or seen something very real will unwittingly come forward to tell their story. They will likely share their story and detail the event after seeing or hearing referenced elements.

When you no longer have a need to probe the individuals or a community (be they online or in real life support groups) you can then use the other aspects of the fictionalized trojan hose to release disinformation and confuse actual experiencers.

For Example,

*If* even *one person* has seen an ET holding a technological cube like device that projects imagery in front of the E.B.E. for communication or presentations. You can utilize this fact within a trojan storyline to coax the few that have seen them in real life.

People will actually come up to you and tell you all[/COLOR] about what they saw and witnessed. They will tell you what they saw, where they saw it, whom did it, when and even if there was more to their story than just witnessing a possibly classified piece of technology or an "illegal or unsanctioned" scenario of contact. You can determine who it is, where they are, when it happened and what if anything was disclosed.

When you are done probing through various channels, you can assert changes to your fictionalized "trojan horse" story which can demoralize, obfuscate, confuse witnesses or prevent further sharing. (Well if that is the way your interests swing and bend I guess...)

As an example,

You can call the cube device "the yellow book", describe it in various (intentionally inaccurate) ways. You can pepper a story with very vague details about how you went to mars and found space bunnies dressed in pink suits. (hehe) When someone legitimately mentions the actual event of an encounter with the right details you will know whom are the real encounters vs the fabricated ones.

Even more usefully you can rain heavy redicule (if that is what your end game is) on those that actually witness those events. Who would believe even *1* person whom has actually seen the device when it is deeply contrasted with 10+ stories that are total fabrications without any real resemblence to the real thing? The mutual similarity of the stories would work against any individual whom attempt to assert there was a real event.

A public without the necessary background knowledge to determine which event is real vs which is fabrication is impacted negatively by never being able to accurately decode which is real event and which is false. The truth can be hidden in plain sight under many constructed fabrications.

--------------------------------------

[COLOR="#0000FF"]I feel that Chase Brandon has constructed an interesting trojan horse. Though I am not sure if it is under the guise of furthering national interests or simply an attempt at (a secret) desperation over a situation no one can change.

I agree with you, even if he knew anything significant it is unlikely he would have been "cleared" to write such a story without the fictionalized fascade and balloney. If he framed his knowledge in the form of a trojan horse plotline with many mis-represented real elements in the form of fiction. Then he might have possibly been A-OK'ed to write it if it dredges up commentary about who has seen what.

It is possibly like dropping ink in a well to figure out where the downstream individuals convey knowledge of specific elements. You can probably pick out which individuals have more knowledge of different elements simply by watching the comments and discussions.

I for one recognize many elements in his work and find it hard to believe that he used his "improvised imagination" to hit so many points of referenced elements. From the looks of it, I would say he was downright LAZY. I gather the impression that he didn't do a good job (who can?) at mixing so many elements into a working fictional format. I see and recognize the super-structure of the elements the story is woven around. If anything it is something worth raising an eyebrow about if you have a good idea as to what various references are about. His claims of seeing something related to Roswell is probably nothing more than making sure he hits his "target audience".

I imagine that if he didn't properly "ink the well" with "that Roswell comment" in his <cough> Coast 2 Coast AM <cough!> interview, he would probably not have been allowed to write up that kind of book with that heavily enriched elements. The community is seemingly so....easy to bait IMO. Looks like people even believe that Roswell was the start of the secrecy even though there is plenty to show that it wasn't.

Heck, seems people believe MJ-12 too....<shrug>

CasperParks
07-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Is it gray propaganda? At best it is.

Is it nothing but fiction? Based on what was conveyed in the media… yea, probably so.

While this is only my opinion, it is based on the best available facts I have at hand. Chase’s running into a box marked “Roswell” in a vault, is simply not credible to me.

Maybe he is being told to write the book (and what to say). Maybe he is just trying to profit on his former employment and writing a totally fictional account. Either way, it is not likely to be what people are hoping for (it will just be more smoke mirrors)... I do not believe the Agency would allow a "tell all book" to be written by an employee in the know without their blessing (and that has yet to happen and it is not likely to happen any time soon).

Time will tell.

M

When something comes out with all this type of "hoop-la", I shake my head.

I am of the mindset; we will be hearing and seeing lots of “partial truths, lies and deceit”, and more of it as partial disclosure draws nearer.

atmjjc
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
The facts as I understand them are we have a veteran of the CIA who served and is still employed by the Company (CIA) for over 35 years and 25 of them in the Clandestine Service…meaning he is the best of the best and shouldn’t be taken lightly when he states what he has viewed concerning Roswell.

Fact… He is lying or he is telling the truth. Any type of opinion of this matter would be based on pure speculation.

What should be of interest no matter what side of the fence you are on is how fast the CIA replied to the query!

Marvin
07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
There are a varied number of ways you can use a book like his as an advantageous "fictional story book" or as a form of counter intel project to confuse other intelligence agencies whom often assign people to keep an eye on what the latest leaks are. Actually there is a technique for fabrications that anyone can use to ascertain who knows what and how much. You can probably use it to even confuse people whom know enough about something but not the entire story.

A great description on how "gray propaganda" works!

Heck, seems people believe MJ-12 too....

I have seen enough evidence to support the existence of MJ-12 (at least at one point in time). There has been a terrific effort (which has had some success) to distort and place doubt in people’s minds on their existence… that alone raises a red flag for me. No one is going to invest the time and money to hide a non-existent program or group (after a document goes public). I think a few real documents (that mention MJ-12 ) have slipped into the public domain accidentally (follow by a large number of “fake” MJ-12 documents). Accidental releases are not common, but they do happen (remember when “Aurora” accidentally showed up on a budgeting committees finance report years ago? Oops).

M

Lee
07-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Grant Cameron has written a good article about Chase Brandon and the 'Roswell Box':

"The CIA and the Roswell Box

Written by Grant Cameron
Thursday, 12 July 2012 19:02

“There is clearly an endless supply of such stories, and they are always volunteered to people who are prone to believing them but have no ability to check them." Jacques Vallee

In a July 8th story run in the Huffington Post 35-year CIA veteran Chase Brandon spelled out for reporter Lee Speigel how he came to learn that the 1947 Roswell crash was an extraterrestrial event. He stated that he learned this while walking through an area at the Langley headquarters.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told Speigel. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.”

"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"[1]
At first the story sounds good, and Brandon turned out to be exactly the CIA agent he represents himself to be. It appeared that a long time CIA official had confirmed the Roswell story, and disclosure was right around the corner.

Well not quite. As the old saying goes “If it seems too good to be true - it probably is.”

There are many problems with the story but the one that I will discuss here deals mostly with the “Roswell box” that Brandon claims he saw." Continue reading - http://www.presidentialufo.com/ufo-disclosure/440-the-cia-and-the-roswell-box

Lee
07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Additionally he has put together a series of significant and revealing quotes from Chase Brandon's recent media appearances:

"CIA Agent Chase Brandon: The Roswell Interview Notes

Written by Grant Cameron
Saturday, 14 July 2012 21:04

These are very rough notes from interviews that were done with CIA Contract Agent Chase Brandon on two Coast to Coast AM radio appearances. As he is still employed by the CIA he represents the agency on the subject of UFOs when he talks.

It should be noted that in the first June 23 interview Brandon was coll and collected. In interview #2 on July 12 he seemed very rattled at times and there was a long pause when he was asked if he had ever been asked by the CIA to influence Hollywood productions about UFOs.

If Brandon is the new CIA Falcon every word he says should be studied very carefully.

People who wish to hear the actual interview can still access it in the audio vault at cjob.com (use June 24 1:00pm and July 13 1:00pm as the time settings)

http://www.cjob.com/other/audiovault.html

From Chase Brandon Coast to Coast AM interview #1 June 23, 2012

“All employees sign a Secrecy Agreement. Violation of that agreement can bring severe repercussions.”

“inform and educate public” or “influence public beliefs”

Question about if he is retired

Answer
•retired but in the 64 square miles in Washington different reality
•Beltway bandits “independent contractor world”. People drawn to work at CIA “No one wants to give it up”
•“Most of us still like the work especially if we can help”
•“We like to contribute”
•“Yes you stick about and work under contract”

“Yah we’re all out and about but most people are still prescribed and limited to what they can say because of the national security secrecy agreements we signed and most of us believe we can talk in general terms about what we do without giving away enormous amounts of detailed information that absolutely jeopardizes national security interests, and when that is done out of self-serving political interests or any other kind of interest package that is not in the interest of the United States and the people who live in this great country that is real quite unconscionable . None of us think that we do that or ever would do that.”

“That book “Cryptos Conundrum” is a good case in point. It was in and out of the publications review board and this taken out and something else substituted, and I argued that this was all based on totally public sector information and so in the end it was approved as is the second manuscript for the next book called “Hour Glass” which I hope will be out in the next 16-18 months, once Cryptos has run its hard back and paper back period of time. Actually that one – Hour Glass- got hammered more in the publications review process, because it’s not science fiction – it’s just fiction but it is pretty realistic fiction, and it’s classic espionage spy thriller where Cryptos is science fiction, but has an awful lot of real history and real names in it – and real information having to do with other things including UFOs.”

“I can be open and overt because I was paid for 10 years to be the most overt face and voice in the CIA, second only to George Tenet…”

“I am absolutely not going to give away sources and methods of how we do our business but in general to talk about some of the things and give you a flavor of what you see on the news and read in the press. Yah I can do that.”

Defines clandestine agents as people “who lie and steal for the US government”

“It always under the guidance of more regulators than you can imagine, starting with the oval office, and running down through the office of budget management, and the oversight committees, the governor office and the agency’s own general counsel, the agency’s own ethical code and credo. We are the most monitored “rogue” agency that there is.”

“Part of covert action is propaganda and propaganda is deliberate manipulation and misrepresentation and misdirection that comes with supporting certain political aspirants that get…”

“60,000 foot perspective pressing down” (referring to the pressure on CIA from above)

“There are many “Rules and regulations that literally tie our hands behind our backs.”
Read more - http://www.presidentialufo.com/the-aviary/441-cia-agent-chase-brandonthe-interview-notes

Fore
07-16-2012, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV5nD0Uai2Y

Chase Brandon - Coast To Coast AM (C2CAM) - CIA & Roswell - 07-12-2012

--------------------------------FAIR USE NOTICE:-----------------------------
The above links contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.