PDA

View Full Version : Strange Light in Los Angeles, 7/17/12 10:30ish pm, looking east from North Hollywood

Banzai
07-19-2012, 03:33 AM
I've been monitoring this forum and Open Minds for a long, long time now. I sky watch whenever I can an the best I usually do is a good view of Venus and on occasion I can spot satellites if I'm in an area with clear skies and not a lot of ambient light. I know the difference between a plane and a helicopter from a good distance.

Last night I saw something that I couldn't make sense. A few days ago I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCW0cSWqBLY

and at the start didn't think much of it. The date of that video was close to July 4th and since the location these guys was shooting was in the direction of Korea Town I thought it was a pretty easy misidentification of Chinese lanterns. Until last night.

Last night I was on my balcony around 10:30. I live in North Hollywood. If you want to Google map it it's approximately Magnolia and Lankershim. I live on the top story of my building and am fortunate enough to have a good clear shot of the skyline to the east of my position that looks toward Pasadena.

At this time I noticed what looked like an approaching airplne with very bright lights on OR Venus or Mars if it was very clear out and I was in the countryside. But this light was WAY to low to be a star or planet. I'd say if you were looking at the horizon and put your hands together so that 10 fingers ran horizontal, that is about how high this light was. At different times it had different intensities of light, at it's brightest I'd say it was like a car headlight about 2 blocks away.

I didn't think much of it for a while but I came back for another smoke about 15 minutes later and it was still there and this time I noticed at least 3 helicopters investigating the light. At least from my vantage point that's what it looked like. Almost exactly like the video about around the 3:00 mark. I also noticed the same characteristics of light when a helicopter got close, the light would fade and come back once the helicopters got some distance.

Then it got even stranger. A few other crafts with the blinking aviation lights showed up. I assume it was more helicopters. Couldn't honestly tell you how many because when this batch got close about 3 of them shut off all the operating lights. They went from the blinking blue/red and spot lights to dark. All but one that took up a position above the light and then lowered itself about to the same level. Then this craft/helicopter turned on a bank of red lights in a long strobe. One big RED flash. about 5 seconds later another BIG red flash. For a split second I thought it was a combustion flash but a few seconds later it was evident it was a red strobe. Then as that craft slowly edged away from the light the strobes became more frequent. It was almost as if the helicopter was trying to communicate with the light and lead it away with it's strobe but the light had nothing to do with it. Just stayed in the same spot.

This happened for a long time, about 40 minutes.

It could very well be it was a trick being played on my from my perspective but I went back and watch that video I liked above and it was a lot like that.

I wonder if anyone in the LA area has noticed anything like this.

Again, I was looking east from NoHo toward Pasadena but the actually manifestation of what I was looking at could have been much further out but on that same sight line.

If you are in the LA area I would ask you to take notice of anything strange in terms of static lights and moreover if they seemed to be scrutinized by helicopters.

I'll be looking again tonight but if this is becoming common I'm not freaked out just abundantly curious.

PS: I did try to shoot it with my cell phone but it was so far away and the camera not clean enough that the image just looked like a light flare artifact. If I see the same thing tonight I'll bust out my real video camera. Check the skies!

Flying Tiger Comics
07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
It's getting really bizarre how night lights and so on are almost ignored by so many people. Same with really good footage, which no nutty debunker's ever successfully attacked- and there is now such conditioned ignorance that people, who really seem to have become sheeple in some cases, ignore it all. Weird.

Banzai
07-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Update: Haven't seen the same phenomena since the original post. I've been back every night and nothing compares to it. Seems like I caught the end of a flap perhaps. That said, my Google alert is going nuts with sighting of this same kind. A few are obvious Chinese lanterns but some are almost exactly like what I saw.

Marvin
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Something to look out for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8WovNeAB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGy14xMvB0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusp1uw8yR0

CasperParks
08-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Those ballons are cool...