PDA

View Full Version : BBC Crew Detained At Area 51

majicbar
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
BBC Crew Detained At Area 51

A BBC film crew was detained after it breached the back gate of the top secret military facility known as Area 51 while filming a new documentary about UFO conspiracy theories.

During the incident in the Nevada desert, a camouflage-dressed guard carrying an M-16 told a member of the British team, "We could make you disappear and your body will never be found," according to a crew member.

Read the whole story at link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/ufo-film-area-51-crew_n_1959619.html

Garuda
10-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, that was in the news 3 days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216077/BBC-film-crew-held-gunpoint-trying-failing-sneak-U-S-Area-51-military-base.html

Doc
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I've been to that back gate and a person would have to be pretty crazy to "breach it"!

We got up from our campsite very early and watched the buses with the blacked out windows fill up in the morning in Alamo and we followed the last one out to Area 51. The Yellow Brick Road seemed to be 10 or 12 miles long and it becomes well-maintained dirt and gravel (or at least it did then in the 1990s) as it goes into the Tikaboo Valley and as you get close to the back gate you go into a shallow ravine with the sides 20 feet or so above you. There is a high fence with warning signs that mention "deadly force" every 25 yards or so and video cameras on stands behind the fence covering the whole scene.

As we got close to the gate, the bus ahead of us, there were two of the then legendary white Jeep Cherokees with the Wackenhut Cammo Dudes up on the hill overlooking the gate...and us.

We stopped 100 feet from the gate, made a u-turn and headed back down the road to where we had left our cameras and other things we didn't want confiscated under an bush by the side of the road near the White Mail Box. We had been told that there are sensors buried outside the fence line to alert them to possible intruders even before they get near the fence or the gate. It was a very professional and intimidating operation. :cool:

CasperParks
10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I've been to that back gate and a person would have to be pretty crazy to "breach it"!

We got up from our campsite very early and watched the buses with the blacked out windows fill up in the morning in Alamo and we followed the last one out to Area 51. The Yellow Brick Road seemed to be 10 or 12 miles long and it becomes well-maintained dirt and gravel (or at least it did then in the 1990s) as it goes into the Tikaboo Valley and as you get close to the back gate you go into a shallow ravine with the sides 20 feet or so above you. There is a high fence with warning signs that mention "deadly force" every 25 yards or so and video cameras on stands behind the fence covering the whole scene.

As we got close to the gate, the bus ahead of us, there were two of the then legendary white Jeep Cherokees with the Wackenhut Cammo Dudes up on the hill overlooking the gate...and us.

We stopped 100 feet from the gate, made a u-turn and headed back down the road to where we had left our cameras and other things we didn't want confiscated under an bush by the side of the road near the White Mail Box. We had been told that there are sensors buried outside the fence line to alert them to possible intruders even before they get near the fence or the gate. It was a very professional and intimidating operation. :cool:

Doc,

You get around!

majicbar
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, that was in the news 3 days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216077/BBC-film-crew-held-gunpoint-trying-failing-sneak-U-S-Area-51-military-base.html

Thanks, this is the first time I've seen the actual summons and the letter from the base commander in an Area 51 case.

CasperParks
10-15-2012, 12:09 AM
US citizens have enough trouble gettting near that place without risking arrest.

Foreign Nationals attempting to gain illegal access to a United States Military Base on US soil, they are lucky they were not arrested. Then again, publicity would not be good.

:ufo:

At this point, I consider Area 51 as "smoke and mirrors".

The public is aware of it, so why would the US Military continue real TS operations there?

majicbar
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
US citizens have enough trouble getting near that place without risking arrest.

Foreign Nationals attempting to gain illegal access to a United States Military Base on US soil, they are lucky they were not arrested. Then again, publicity would not be good.

:ufo:

At this point, I consider Area 51 as "smoke and mirrors".

The public is aware of it, so why would the US Military continue real TS operations there?

While your point is well taken that the site is compromised, have you seen any pictures of anything which is top secret taken of operations at Area 51? They seem to have been able to control the situation well enough, they probably fly mostly at night to help cover their operations, just as they did with the F-117's.

Dragonfire
10-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Area 51 imo is still a top Black Projects base. The question is, Where are the Alien Craft being kept/tested at? S-4 ? Is S-4 even visible from any of the sighting positions that are still available?

Doc
10-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Doc,

You get around!

I do! :biggrin2:

majicbar
10-15-2012, 06:27 AM
"Is S-4 even visible from any of the sighting positions that are still available?"

The only photos that I've seen of S-4 were those taken from commercial airliners flying North, and South just in the Cactus Flats air route into Las Vegas. The photos were from a distance so not much detail was visible, but this route is routinely flown so maybe eventually something might be seen and photographed in the S-4 area. But no land positions would provide a view unless mountains to the North of S-4 might provide somlimiteded view over the desert floor.

calikid
10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Area 51 imo is still a top Black Projects base. The question is, Where are the Alien Craft being kept/tested at? S-4 ? Is S-4 even visible from any of the sighting positions that are still available?

Still visible to the russian spy satellites.
I have seen A51 satellite photos online and offers for sale of additional photos. Possible including S4.
Not sure if they have better resolution than the overflights you mentioned.

CasperParks
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Still visible to the russian spy satellites.
I have seen A51 satellite photos online and offers for sale of additional photos. Possible including S4.
Not sure if they have better resolution than the overflights you mentioned.

Wonder if it shows up on Google Maps!