PDA

View Full Version : Strange UFO over Kentucky remains unexplained

Garuda
10-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Strange UFO Observed Over Kentucky Remains Unexplained

On Tuesday, October 21, a strange UFO was observed in the skies over Pike County and Virgie, Kentucky, USA. The object's origin remains unexplained for the moment.
The unknown flying object was seen over several places by a number of people. Among them was amateur astronomer Allen Epling who filmed the object with his telescope.

"This object is like nothing I have ever seen before," Epling says. At first he thought it was a helicopter or a plane, but when he looked through his binoculars he was stunned.

Very soon it became clear this was no helicopter or plane. Epling photographed the object for two and half hours in the air until it eventually vanished out of sight.

More, including the photographs at: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/ufokentucky.php .

PS: thanks to NYLily for pointing this one out.

Garuda
10-25-2012, 05:11 PM
The Huffington Post now too has an article on it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/cylindrical-ufo-videotaped-amateur-astronomer_n_2011817.html

The article has a slideshow of images, as well as the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gpo5LsICnEY

CasperParks
10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
It is odd looking, almost as if two long cylinders encased in a huge clear plastic bag.

Chris
10-26-2012, 05:33 AM
I received the following from our friend Steve Hammons concerning this sighting:

You probably heard about the UFO sighted over Virgie, KY.

Just to the northeast a bit, local newspaper sports reporter Kyle Lovern also witnesses a similar object over his town of Williamson, W. Va., in the same time frame and snapped some good photos.

He said military jets showed up and buzzed the object for a period of time.

Williamson is about 30-40 miles northeast of Virgie. Interestingly, a bit north in Chillicothe, Ohio, a crop circle formed recently. That occurred near ancient Indian mounds and not far from the famous Serpent Mound as you may know. Linda Moulton Howe plans to discuss this crop circle on Coast Thurs. night.

I saw three of his photos of the object. It was further away than that amateur astronomer's camera, but showed a vertical narrow rectangular object about the same proportions as the Kentucky object. In Lovern's photo, it looks to be glowing, but it could be reflection of the sun I suppose.

What's interesting to me is that he said military jets buzzed the object and left multiple contrails all over the sky that obscured the view of the object from the ground.

You might want to check out the report on OpenMinds.TV website ... they have a new report noting Lovern's sightings though they haven't posted his photos yet.

From Wikipedia ...

The word "Chillicothe" is derived from the ancient Shawnee Indian words meaning "Principal Place." It was the name for one of their clans. The main chief of the Shawnee could only come from the Chillicothe clan. When a village was called Chillicothe, it meant that it was home to the principal chief. It was the capital city of the Shawnees until the death of that chief. Then, the capitol would move to the home village of the next main chief. That village would then become Chillicothe.

CasperParks
10-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I received the following from our friend Steve Hammons concerning this sighting:

Just to the northeast a bit, local newspaper sports reporter Kyle Lovern also witnesses a similar object over his town of Williamson, W. Va., in the same time frame and snapped some good photos.

Williamson is about 30-40 miles northeast of Virgie. Interestingly, a bit north in Chillicothe, Ohio, a crop circle formed recently. That occurred near ancient Indian mounds and not far from the famous Serpent Mound as you may know. Linda Moulton Howe plans to discuss this crop circle on Coast Thurs. night.

I saw three of his photos of the object. It was further away than that amateur astronomer's camera, but showed a vertical narrow rectangular object about the same proportions as the Kentucky object. In Lovern's photo, it looks to be glowing, but it could be reflection of the sun I suppose.

What's interesting to me is that he said military jets buzzed the object and left multiple contrails all over the sky that obscured the view of the object from the ground.

You might want to check out the report on OpenMinds.TV website ... they have a new report noting Lovern's sightings though they haven't posted his photos yet.

From Wikipedia ...

The word "Chillicothe" is derived from the ancient Shawnee Indian words meaning "Principal Place." It was the name for one of their clans. The main chief of the Shawnee could only come from the Chillicothe clan. When a village was called Chillicothe, it meant that it was home to the principal chief. It was the capital city of the Shawnees until the death of that chief. Then, the capitol would move to the home village of the next main chief. That village would then become Chillicothe.

So, as far as the U. S. Military is concerned it was not a UFO... It was an IFO.

newyorklily
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
So, as far as the U. S. Military is concerned it was not a UFO... It was an IFO.

Do you know what they identified it as?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

newyorklily
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM

From Wikipedia ...

Thanks for posting this, Chris. This sighting keeps getting more and more interesting.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

A99
10-26-2012, 12:21 PM

Why are you calling it an IFO? The information in Chris' post does not indicate that that's what that object is.

Marvin
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
CasperP,

What did the military say it was?

M

CasperParks
10-26-2012, 06:46 PM
CasperP,

What did the military say it was?

M

Working on a reply that explains it...

I am short on time at the moment and will be back to explain it.

CasperParks
10-26-2012, 10:07 PM

After the contrails were left, the jets did not stick around.

Thinking back on it, IFO was not a correct term to have used.

What we appear to have learned, is that the government arrived and obscured the object using contrails. It is safe to assume the military knew what it was but aren’t telling the rest of us. While it is a UFO to those on the ground, it was not a UFO for the government. They knew what it was.

Perhaps we at the TOP should draft additional terms:

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object: Basic what was it?

IFO = Identified Flying Object: Planes, balloons, helicopter and so-on.

GIFO = Government Identified Flying Object: A government or military object.

??FO = ? ? Flying Object: The government and military know what it was but aren’t telling us.

Working on the ??FO, something will come to me. Open to suggestions…

epo333
10-27-2012, 01:14 AM

Observed through a Mead 8" SCT astronomical telescope the unidentified object did not drift more than 10 degrees in any direction and was sighted approximately 60 degrees above the horizon.

On Epling's YouTube posting of the UFO video he explained the movement of the craft: 'I want to emphasize that the object is NOT moving. The picture is unsteady because I had to hold the camera in hand while trying to video it through the eyepiece of the telescope.'

http://www.thuban.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&fid=&lastp=1&id=92B43DFF-E00E-4390-B6FF-A15AC3E552C9

~~~
Now while I was checking into this, I came across this:
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/Black_Knight_Satellite.html

Quite a bit of reading there, but I found the mention of Arthur C. Clark's "Rendevous with Rama" Interesting. I read that years ago, awesome book!

kleemkrishnaya
11-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Is there any more news on this? (A friend of mine maintains her son could recreate this effect using Photoshop, but I seriously doubt it!) It is so annoying that exciting reports appear, then no follow-up on them in the press. . . so the general consensus is that this is a "GIFO"?

newyorklily
11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Is there any more news on this? (A friend of mine maintains her son could recreate this effect using Photoshop, but I seriously doubt it!) It is so annoying that exciting reports appear, then no follow-up on them in the press. . . so the general consensus is that this is a "GIFO"?

I haven't heard anything more about it since MUFON declared it a balloon. It is extremely unlikely that it is photo-shopped. I did post a question on the MUFON STAR Team Facebook page asking if anyone had found the remains of the balloon. It would eventually lose its helium and then drift back to earth. Something that size would be noticed hanging in a tree or lying on the ground.

Chris
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
After the contrails were left, the jets did not stick around.

Thinking back on it, IFO was not a correct term to have used.

What we appear to have learned, is that the government arrived and obscured the object using contrails. It is safe to assume the military knew what it was but aren’t telling the rest of us. While it is a UFO to those on the ground, it was not a UFO for the government. They knew what it was.

Perhaps we at the TOP should draft additional terms:

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object: Basic what was it?

IFO = Identified Flying Object: Planes, balloons, helicopter and so-on.

GIFO = Government Identified Flying Object: A government or military object.

??FO = ? ? Flying Object: The government and military know what it was but aren’t telling us.

Working on the ??FO, something will come to me. Open to suggestions…

How about TSFO for Top Secret Flying Object?

calikid
11-16-2012, 03:04 AM

The Brits MOD files are fond of UAP or Unknown Aerial Phenomenia

CasperParks
11-16-2012, 04:24 AM

That is a good one...