PDA

View Full Version : UK parliamentary debate on the US/UK extradition treaty and the European Arrest Warrant

DeepCut
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
That title space isn't long enough !

It should be "UK parliamentary debate on the US/UK extradition treaty and the European Arrest Warrant".

Gary McKinnon has been all over the media here in the UK, radio,newspapers, but very little on television until today.

Tonight's debate can be watched live on the BBC Parliament channel.

Perhaps if McKinnon had had his trial in the UK it would all be over by now, but now the treaty itself is under thrreat and the US administration isn't happy about that :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8931899/Extradition-row-Give-British-judges-final-say-on-where-cases-should-be-tried.html

It is all over UK press at the moment. Anyone with any legal expertise knows that you guys are protected by your constitution and can have the evidence of the alleged crime contestible in court before a US citizen is extradited, it should be the same for us but it's not.

It's a shame that politicians, on the whole, are a bunch of careerist, self-interested types that have to 'follow the party line' when it comes to anything of international importance - Communist Party of China anyone ?

Power structures are the same the world over and, IMHO, there is no democrat/republic, left/right anymore.

In this country, since the days of Oliver Cromwell, business has ruled in place of goverment. Now we have military ties to large corporations which exacerbates the situation.

What is wrong with our species ? Three thousand years of 'profitable war' says a lot about us ...

Technology advances hugely and yet our psychological and emotional advancement seems to have plateaued.

Grrrrr !

DeepCut
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
The debate may start within the next hour since the debate before that is finishing early.

Unfortunately if you are outside of the UK you can't watch it live because of TV licensing laws over here ...

Musado
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
That title space isn't long enough !

Sorted :yes:

The whole fiasco surrounding the Gary McKinnon has never sat well with me. Why are the USG so determined to get him over there..?

DeepCut
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Thankyou Musado :)

DeepCut
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Well he won his House of Commons debate :

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/mps-call-for-change-to-unfair-extradition-154792.html

Garuda
12-09-2011, 04:07 AM
At least some people in the House of Commons seem to show common sense!

lennyrebel
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
My humble opinion is the Brits need same safeguards as Americans but lets not punish the victims by playing up to the defendants--I hesitate to say criminal but alas that innocent until proven guilty isn't as strong as it once was.

lux aurea in obscuro
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Good morning DeepCut,

Legal ranglings are a joke "I don't recognise the authority of this court" refusing to enter any plea and remaining silent throughout any hearing. While any legal assistance provided on your behalf only encourages the judge to lock him away for as long as possible so that his client may have his meals provided, laundry cleaned while living rent free in what some deem a holiday complex.

Gary should have been taken under the wing and made the offer he could not refuse, 'work with us or...' He has them by the nuts and as I am sure our fellow forum members will recall it's not the hacking but that which was discovered. Gary stumbled upon shipping manifests and details of non-terrestrial employees also a certain image, in his hunt to prove free energy devices exist 'bless his cotton socks'.

I believe Gary is far more intelligent than he has been given credit for and seriously underestimated in his abilities so much so he has never been linked to 'Anonymous'. I noticed however Anonymous really kicked off big time after his treatment. I'd not be surprised to learn he backed up data and has made at least screen shots of his findings. We know Anonymous have been rather good at leaking 'certain' details like firing off a warning shot do they have additional information pertaining to this case in question? I for sure would have had an 'insurance policy' in place.

When the time arises if need be I am sure we will be hearing more from Gary.

Kind regards

M