Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Guerilla Novelist, Casper Parks - Updates

All those read throughs are tough ....keep, change, cut. Lol. I understand.
    I have one on the edit table for a final and one halfway finished. They tie together closely so everything has to dovetail.
    Four in this series. Oy vey !

The winter has been good for writing though. No weeds to pull, no shrubs to cut.
    Spring is on my doorstep though. It gets tricky from here.
    Good luck with them !

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    All those read throughs are tough ....keep, change, cut. Lol. I understand.
    I have one on the edit table for a final and one halfway finished. They tie together closely so everything has to dovetail.
    Four in this series. Oy vey !

The winter has been good for writing though. No weeds to pull, no shrubs to cut.
    Spring is on my doorstep though. It gets tricky from here.
    Good luck with them !
    Thanks...

Good luck to you as well...

Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations, passed into law on July 16, 1969.
    Anyone in contact with an extraterrestrial and or UFO is jailed. NASA can enforce quarantine that a court order cannot break.

Attachment 1327
    Click image for larger view

Coming from Darkness is an epic near future science fiction novel.

After a UFO crashed into a motel, public outcry demanded action. A governmental agency moved a Disclosure plan ahead of schedule. In the name of public safety, alien abductees are herded into special camps.

In the years following, RFID biochip implants go from voluntary to the law of the land, and anyone refusing placed into retraining camps. Government scanners for biochips double as scanners for alien implants.

First three years after Disclosure, young alien abductee Bryce had unintentionally dodged capture. When biochips became law, he fled into the wilds to live among survivalists. Former operatives of a shadow government whom had defected scanned him for an alien implant.

Bryce is not simply a former abductee - He is an Unknown abductee. Like a society gone mad around them, survivalists fear former alien abductees.

They suspect that aliens programed him to complete a secret mission. The government learned he is an Unknown, and intensified their hunt for him.

Abandoned by aliens, pursued by the government and hated by society, Bryce must come to terms with an abusive past. He must learn to forgive others and forgive himself.

All the while, he must evade capture and learn what it means to be an Unknown and discover whatever his mission is on Earth.

Free as an e-book through April 14th, 2015:
    Barnes & Noble
    iTunes
    Google Play
    Inktera.com
    Hugendubel.de
    Buch.de

Amazon is processing the novel. I will post links for print and e-book for Amazon as soon as possible. In coming weeks, print will be made available at other online retailers.

I was unable to preview a copy at i-books/i-tunes, if anyone has an issue - Please let me know!

Barnes & Noble showed me as author at their site. But when loaded onto nook app it showed a dead guy as author! Sent an email to have it corrected. If you download nook book and it shows dead guy - let me know. Since I already placed e-book into my nook library, unable to confirm it was corrected.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 04-01-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Coming from Darkness is now on Amazon Kindle, click here to view at site.
    Attachment 1327
    Click image for larger view

E-book is .99 cents at Amazon dot com
    US
    Other countries through Amazon, price will vary.
    UK
    CA
    MX
    AU
    DE
    FR
    ES
    IT
    NL
    BR
    IN
    JP

E-book is free through 04/14/2015 at several online retailers. Point Amazon at Barnes & Noble, Google Play and i-Tunes, ask if they will price match free.

I am waiting on printed proof copy to review for paperback. Hoping, another week and paperback will be available.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 04-04-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Removed by poster.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 04-07-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Greetings human earthlings and aliens alike.

Properly re-introducing myself.

From birth, UFOs and aliens fantasied me. Prior to grade school, I built a square and steering wheel out of tinker toys. Mother commented, “Oh, you made a car.” I replied, “No, it’s a spaceship.”

I have had UFOs encounters at close range with witnesses present for one major event.

Throughout school, the system placed me into remedial English. “You lack grammar and punctuation skills and cannot become a writer.” They had no understanding the power of imagination.

I enjoy rocking people’s thought processes. My fiction explores many possibilities. Perceptional Threshold ponders Evangelical Theology from a sci-fi perspective. Ages Past is an epic glimpse into theatrical history of how humans came to Earth. Coming from Darkness is a consideration of forced Disclosure of UFOs and aliens.

Are there grammar errors in my stuff? Yes, there are. With each new novel, there is improvement.

Up next is Bristol
    Attachment 1337
    Click image for larger view.

Bristol was written years ago, tired of sitting on it. Doing a speed edit and hope to have it out soon. At some point, simply have to put stuff out there for people to read.

I thank everyone at The Outpost Forum for word of mouth and online sharing. It helps build the foundation for a readership.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 04-16-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Coming from Darkness, now available in 6x9 size paperback at Amazon.com - click here to view.

In the near future, it will be available in paperback at Amazon sites for additional countries, and at Barnes & Noble and other online retailers.

Amazon e-book price is 99 cents.

Extended free as an e-book at Barnes & Noble, i-Tunes and Google Play and Inktera through month of April 2015.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 04-25-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Perceptional Threshold, Ages Past and Coming from Darkness are listed free for a *limited time in Nook Book format at Barnes & Noble. Click here to download. Read, rate and review!

Provided I keep on track, Bristol will be available late August. Bristol is a step away from science fiction, historical - western.

Bristol takes place in Northern California during days leading up to the start of the American Civil War. Bristol has treachery and murder on the high seas, pirates, Dragoon soldiers, undercover operatives, private militias and secret organizations.

Caught in the middle of it all, a deaf boy on the run from murder charges in Australia, and a dog named Bristol intended as a gift for President Lincoln from the Emperor of China.

Bristol takes place in Northern California during days leading up to the start of the American Civil War. It has treachery and murder on the high seas, pirates, Dragoon soldiers, undercover operatives, private militias and secret organizations.

Orphaned at a young age and although white skinned, Kern was raised by Native Aboriginals in the Australian outback. After a Whiteman hunting party murdered his Clan, he had killed a crooked peace officer in self-defense. Fleeing Australia, he took a job as a cabin boy onboard a Tea Clipper. As the Lady Beth sails for the Americas, he befriends a passenger named Carl Ver Haven.

Days before starting an undercover assignment in San Francisco, Lieutenant Crisp boarded the Lady Beth to search for a missing US Diplomat returning from a mission to China. Captain La Horn claimed that Carl Ver Haven was lost at sea during a storm. Suspecting foul play, Crisp rescued a recently injured boy and dog locked-away inside the dark-holds of the ship.

As the nation stumbles headlong into the abyss of Civil War back East, Crisp and his men have their hands full in the West.

While probing the possible murdered of a US Diplomat, Crisp and his men started their undercover assignment of investigating a wealthy ranger - Clifford Ackerland. Ackerland is running for political office and pushing for California to secede from the Union, and he has possible ties to a private militia and surprisingly La Horn. Complicating matters, French and British governments put a price on Kern’s head – Dead or Alive for Murder. Then, Police Chief Crivitz drags Crisp and his team into hunting for a serial killer known as the Hammer Killer!

Caught in the middle of it all, a deaf boy named Kern on the run from murder charges in Australia, and a dog named Bristol intended as a gift for President Lincoln from the Emperor of China.

I am excited about releasing Bristol. Waiting on proof-copy from the printer, and wanted to share more about Bristol with my friends at TOP. Years ago 1995 or 96, Bestselling Author Ralph Cotton suggested giving myself an assignment as if a hired writer. A few nights later, I watched a special on PBS regarding the Outback in Australian - A region known as Kakadu with six weather seasons. Next morning, I was driving across a bridge over the Fox River on the way to a day job when suddenly Bristol fell into place - front to back. It was amazing.

What would it be like for Kern a white child, raised by Native Aboriginals in the Australian Outback. The slaughter of his Clan turned "Dream-time" into a nightmare. Suddenly, he finds himself again orphaned and back among people of his own skin tone. While adjusting and relearning English, he is forced to flee his homeland.

A couple of years later, I had an opportunity to submit Bristol to a major publishing house that was picking-up five western authors. Managed to make into ten authors under consideration. Did not fell bad about rejection, I was beat-out by established authors in the genre. Feedback was positive from the publisher. Their subsidiary that handled science fiction was not picking up new authors.