Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did An Unknown Object Explode In The California Sky?

Blog Entries

Did An Unknown Object Explode In The California Sky?

What was this thing?

I would love to see an analysis of the whole video.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Thanks for posting a link to that video.

Expect increasing numbers of these unknown explosions in the sky.

The main original object looks too big to be a normal satellite re-entry, I suppose that it will remain a UFO unless more specific information about the track of the object can be established and perhaps something then being made from that information.

Blog Entries
    Space wars?

But of course it is 'obviously' a light refraction and we can forget about it

Expect increasing numbers of these unknown explosions in the sky.
    (most annoying philosophical question) ...but Why?

Calling that explosion "light refraction" ranks right up there with "swamp gas" in terms of a completely ridiculous explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ycPDg2vVLtA

"....caught a sudden burst of light through his telescope. He recorded that strange sight with his smart phone."

In that the image is derived from a camera phone taking the image through the eyepiece of a telescope, I think that perhaps it is a satellite re-entry afterall. The apparent size of the original "UFO" might just be a distortion caused by the combination of the phones camera and a bright object, the later images from the combination do rather resemble the end of a satellite re-entry.

Blog Entries
    According to the Huffington Post, there still is no official explanation for this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2399184.html
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    According to the Huffington Post, there still is no official explanation for this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2399184.html
    Sometimes it really is a weather balloon acording to others:

Interesting video. Is this a recording of the same event? (Never mind just noticed dates are referenced and both vids and it's not. This one was recorded on the 2nd July 2012. While the one on this thread is from 20th December.)

Clearly this one is a balloon, but it seems strange to me that a balloon would "Shatter". Does anybody know what material they are made from? I would expect something flexible. Maybe this one was filled with something which was dispersed after the balloon burst?
    Last edited by Lee; 01-04-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Interesting video. Is this a recording of the same event? (Never mind just noticed dates are referenced and both vids and it's not. This one was recorded on the 2nd July 2012. While the one on this thread is from 20th December.)

Clearly this one is a balloon, but it seems strange to me that a balloon would "Shatter". Does anybody know whamaterialel they are made from? I would expect something flexible. Maybe this one was filled with something which was dispersed after thballoonon burst?
    Latex weather balloons at altitude in the stratosphere get very cold and they shatter when they fail. That might explain this vid if that is what it is; in all, I'm unsure, so it is still a UFO for me.