Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming, and the practice behind it.

Blog Entries

crazy dream

A lot more happened that I don't remember.

When I woke up I heard a clicking sound. Like the clicking of a clock, but not an even rhythm, like a stick tapping the nearby shelf, but IDK where it came from.. it was like 'tap, tap, tap- ...tap,tap-...-tap...tap, tap' (irregular rhythm for a few seconds, but very clear). I thought that it better not be aliens around or phantoms messing with my dreams. I almost wanted to go look out the window.

Robert Bruce says that it is normal to hear weird sounds when coming in and going out of the normal-awake and astral states though. IDK. Whatever it was...

I wish I remembered more of the details because other interesting stuff happened.

I woke up at 3am wide awake after falling asleep exhausted at midnight. Back for a nap, hopefully I get to fly again!... (the next dream actually turned out to be pretty dark with normal, evil human things. I think that had more to do with my past traumas and psychological fears (there was someone I once knew), my mind sorting things out, not a lucid dream or astral experience...)

But especially the flying part and talking to that man in the future, this felt like a milestone experience for me. It gave me hope for the future. I wonder if it will one day become normal for people to randomly talk to time-traveling astral 'Fliers' like that man did with me. Maybe we become psychic? These worlds were all richer and more colorful. This may all just be normal for astral/lucid dreaming experiences though. This 'dream' was no doubt colored by my own personal thoughts and emotions but was extremely cool!

While I can often detect when I'm dreaming I find that taking control of the dreams to be much more difficult. Also it seems that if I try to examine anything in great detail it doesn't work and things tend to keep changing on me. An example would be if I were to go go one direction and then turn around and head back I would not be able to arrive at my original starting point.

Blog Entries
    Not sure this qualifies as "lucid dreaming".
    Recently I've had a few strange dream related experiences.
    Maybe I'm just tired and have an over-active imagination, but this has been out of the ordinary for me.

On 3 or 4 recent occasions, I have been sitting on the couch relaxing, maybe eating a snack, or watching a little television when I become very sleepy. This is in the middle of the day. I am NOT prone to naps, but I dozed, and awoke between 5 and 10 minutes later. What was unusual is that I was mid-dream.
    Now, let me say that my understanding is that dreams occur during REM sleep, and it normally take 30 or 40 minutes to reach that level/state. So vivid dreams after 5 or 10 minutes (clock on the wall) seems unusual to me.

Anyway, in the dream I was taking care of business. VERY engrossed in talking with people and shuffling papers. Nothing weird.
    So then I wake up 5 minutes later, and the dream slips away.
    Half hour later, same thing happens again.
    When I awake, it felt as if I was urgently needed someplace else.
    Like a parallel life existed and I had been called away, by falling asleep, to go take care of pressing business.

As I said this has happened 2 or 3 times recently. Twice on one day, and once or twice again the following day.
    Hope I'm explaining this right.
    Anyone else have similar experiences?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Not sure this qualifies as "lucid dreaming".
    Recently I've had a few strange dream related experiences.
    Maybe I'm just tired and have an over-active imagination, but this has been out of the ordinary for me.

On 3 or 4 recent occasions, I have been sitting on the couch relaxing, maybe eating a snack, or watching a little television when I become very sleepy. This is in the middle of the day. I am NOT prone to naps, but I dozed, and awoke between 5 and 10 minutes later. What was unusual is that I was mid-dream.
    Now, let me say that my understanding is that dreams occur during REM sleep, and it normally take 30 or 40 minutes to reach that level/state. So vivid dreams after 5 or 10 minutes (clock on the wall) seems unusual to me.

Anyway, in the dream I was taking care of business. VERY engrossed in talking with people and shuffling papers. Nothing weird.
    So then I wake up 5 minutes later, and the dream slips away.
    Half hour later, same thing happens again.
    When I awake, it felt as if I was urgently needed someplace else.
    Like a parallel life existed and I had been called away, by falling asleep, to go take care of pressing business.

As I said this has happened 2 or 3 times recently. Twice on one day, and once or twice again the following day.
    Hope I'm explaining this right.
    Anyone else have similar experiences?
    I have had similar experiences. Let me ask you when you were "dreaming" did you have a sense you were not fully asleep but you can tell that you are almost asleep? If so the images you may be seeing is not a dream at all but something else entirely different. I myself have postulated what I was seeing was perhaps me on another level of existence or parallel world. Or even perhaps some sort of bi-location event. You may even have been on the spirit/astral realm. However, you may have entered the deep stages of dreaming very quickly if you mind and body was that tired.

Edward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I have had similar experiences. Let me ask you when you were "dreaming" did you have a sense you were not fully asleep but you can tell that you are almost asleep? If so the images you may be seeing is not a dream at all but something else entirely different. I myself have postulated what I was seeing was perhaps me on another level of existence or parallel world. Or even perhaps some sort of bi-location event. You may even have been on the spirit/astral realm. However, you may have entered the deep stages of dreaming very quickly if you mind and body was that tired.

Edward
    Fully asleep, until I was aware that I was waking up, and it felt like I was watching the guy at the desk (my dream self) shuffling papers, from an elevated vantage point. I also "knew" the guy shuffling papers was totally unaware of me watching him. Confusing to explain

"bi-location event", maybe. Not sure how it could be proven?

I've never heard of anyone falling asleep and immediately (within 5 minutes) enter a dream state. Seemed unusual.
    Attachment 1008

I've never heard of anyone falling asleep and immediately (within 5 minutes) enter a dream state. Seemed unusual.
    I do it often ...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I do it often ...

as do I

Blog Entries
    Guess you should welcome me to the club.
    Seems as of last week, I do now as well.
    Attachment 1008

Guess you should welcome me to the club.
    Seems as of last week, I do now as well.
    Welcome to the club then!

I often have a siesta-nap of about 20 minutes. And in many of those I dream.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Wiki has some interesting information on REM Sleep.
    Some dreaming can take place during non-REM sleep. “Light sleepers” can experience dreaming during stage 2 non-REM sleep, whereas “deep sleepers”, upon awakening in the same stage, are more likely to report “thinking” but not “dreaming”.
    I'm guessing when they say "thinking", that would mean a lack of imagery?
    I never thought about if I was only "thinking" and not dreaming before. Oh boy, back to the confusing/tough to describe mode. But I do recall looking down at my dream self, so there must have been imagery involved during my recent experience.
    Attachment 1008