Thread: Birds fall from sky

Birds fall from sky

I recall these types of stories occuring annually for the past few years right on Dec 31.... why this specific day or time of year? fireworks? cult? weather?

Dec 31, 2012
    Dead birds found on Sevier County highway
    http://www.wate.com/story/20473630/d...sky-in-seymour

SEYMOUR (AP/WATE) - Residents in Seymour were startled after finding dozens of small birds dead over the weekend.

The birds were reported to the sheriff's department on Sunday afternoon along Boyd Creek Highway, just outside Seymour.

A Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officer was sent out to investigate and said about 60 European starlings were found dead.

Several theories have been discussed about how the birds died.

"It's highly unlikely these birds are carrying a disease," said TWRA wildlife officer Matt Cameron. "It's an isolated case, and we haven't had any other reports of birds in that area being dead or sick. (The officer) feels something traumatic caused this rare population of birds to die."

The wildlife officer took five or six of the birds from the scene for testing.

One theory was that the birds may have been shocked by a power surge as they were found below several lines, where they are known to roost. TWRA officials say they checked with the power company, and no surges were reported Sunday.

Wildlife officials said it is not uncommon for this type of bird to hit buildings or towers and die in mass.

Harold Truitt, who lives across the street from where the birds died, says he knows exactly what killed them.

"I was sitting in my den and I happened to look out my window, and saw all those birds swirling around," said Truitt. "A little white car plowed right through them and it didn't stop."

Truitt says no one from TWRA came by his home to ask him what he saw.

"I would imagine in the coming days the officer will probably visit that neighbor and talk to them, and try to find out if the birds did in fact get ran over," said Cameron. "It is possible because they do fly in large numbers."

A highway department truck with a snow blade attachment scraped the birds onto the shoulder.

From a year ago....

Dec 31st 2011
    5000 Black Birds Fell From The Sky + 100000 Fish Died - Arkansas 2011

Dec 31, 2010 - source CNN
    More Than 1000 Birds Fall Dead From The Sky In Arkansas On New Years Eve

Jan 25, 2009

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...854-3-Min-News makes mention of the birds as well in today's post.

Sooner or later, a massive number of fish dying and washing ashore from an ocean.

follow up on my original post....

I am not sure if you remember, however, back In 2009, where national attention was brought into focus in Griggstown, New Jersey where community members became alarmed, unsure whether a toxin or disease was at work, when "it began raining birds". Two property owners in the area reported collecting over 150 birds each from their land. The story spread across the internet and entered many debating forums.

But over the recent few years there have been many birds just falling from the sky, and it was a big mystery to why it happened. But now it has been found that it was the USDA. Have been poisoning them
    The USDA call it Euthanzia, I call it murder of innocent animals, who were given the right to dewll on this earth alongside all other living creatures. The USDA call them pests to farmers, aviation and Human Health,

In the 1960s: Ohio farmers organize the Bye-Bye Blackbird Committee to lobby for government action in reducing crop losses from blackbirds. Two years later, this group becomes the Ohio Coordinating Committee for the Control of Deprecating Birds and builds a statewide organization, soon attracting congressional attention. Congress supports the location of a research station in Ohio. Melvin T. Dyer is hired as the first Project Leader for the new research center that would be administered from the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center within the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. In 1968, a location is selected at the Plum Brook Station on NASA property.

This does not just apply to birds but many different animals. A list of bird deaths can be found on the USDA website. The list is from 2009, and are as follows:

Brown-headed cowbirds: 1,046,109 = 1 million 46 thousand 1 hundred and 9
    European Starlings: 1,259,714 = 1 million 2 hundred and 59 thousand 7 hundred and 14
    Red-winged blackbirds: 965,889 = 9 hundred and 65 thousand 8 hundred and 89
    Canadian geese: 24,519 = 24 thousand 5 hundred and 19
    Grackles: 93,210 = 93 thousand and 2 hundred and 10
    Pigeons: 96,297 = 96 thousand 2 hundred and 97

Given that on a calculation there have been 3,485,738 = 3 million 4 hundred and 85 thousand 7 hundred and 38 birds killed in 2009 in the short list taken from a long list alone. According to the statistics on the data collected in the full list there were 4,120,291 = 4 million 2 hundred and 20 thousand 2 hundred and 91 birds killed alone. This does not include the statistics from private contractors, so the total death toll isn't known because private contractors operating under the depredation order aren't required to keep count in the case of blackbirds, cowbirds, grackles, and starlings.

Brown-headed cowbirds: 1,046,109
    European Starlings: 1,259,714
    Red-winged blackbirds: 965,889
    Canadian geese: 24,519
    Grackles: 93,210
    Pigeons: 96,297

As I said not only birds fall under the death sentence there are other innocent animals too.

27,000 beavers, 1700 bobcats, 81,000 coyotes, 2,000 gray foxes, 336 mountain lions, 1900 woodchucks, 130 porcupines, 12,000 raccoons, 20,000 squirrels, 30,000 wild pigs, 478 wolves.

And one endangered "Bald Eagle" which was unintentional.

The statistics shown are from 2009 so what are the figure of today, in an estimation I would say the USDA has actively murdered at least 100 million animals in America over the last four decades, putting this on the scale of an animal holocaust and a crime against nature.

Source: PDF File ...... http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_d...2009_Short.pdf

In 2009, USDA agents euthanized more than 4 million red-winged blackbirds, starlings, cowbirds, and grackles, primarily using pesticides that the government says are not harmful to pets or humans.

And do you know what makes me mad, we are powerless to stop this.

Written in the USDA's WS (Wildlife Services) Directive document, entitled "Mission and Philosophy of the WS Program" Under section 4. it states:

Before wildlife damage management programs are undertaken, careful assessments should be made of the problem and all options for resolving or mitigating the problem. Actions considered and employed should be biologically sound, environmentally safe, scientifically valid, and SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE, The WS program also strives to reduce damage caused by wildlife by em-phasing control methodologies designed to MINIMIZE risks to humans, the potentially affected wildlife species, non-target species, and the environment....

...Source PDF File 1.201 http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_d..._philosphy.pdf

There is a point I would like to bring to your attention here,

1. SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE how do they come to the conclusion that all people accept this? Has there been surveys done to each and every US citizen? NO of course not, For if there had been, there would surely have been more against than for, which leads me to believe that this proposal was set before a panel of bigwigs to make the ultimate decision to go ahead with the program.

How do they kill the birds? What do they use?

The USDA's Wildlife Services Program, which contracts with farmers for bird control, said it used an avicide poison called DRC-1339 to cull a roost of 5,000 birds that were defecating on a farmer's cattle feed across the state line in Nebraska. They chemical known as DRC 1339.

The Properties
    In its technical grade, the chemical is a pale-yellow,crystalline solid, very soluble in water and other highly polar solvents. The formulation available for commercial use is a fine white powder. Commercially, in the U.S. the bait material (mash, poultry feed, corn, raisins, rolled barley) is treated with a solution of DRC 1339 sufficient to impregnate one bait particle with enough chemical to kill a blackbird or starling. This treated bait is then mixed in the filed with untreated bait in a ratio suitable for the particular job,

How does it work?
    One particle of the treated bait is sufficient to kill a feeding starling (or blackbird), but the more baits it eats,the sooner death occurs.
    Thus, the time of death and the consequent dispersal of dying birds can be controlled by varying the ratio of treated to untreated bait. A high concentration of treated bait, and the increased possibility of one bird eating three, four, or five poisoned baits, reduces the dispersal area of the poisoned birds (De Cino et al .,1966).

Depending on the number of baits consumed, starlings die 3 to 50 hours after feeding,

Symptoms of poisoning in birds
    DRC 1339 is absorbed into the bloodstream and impairs the liver and kidney functions. Death apparently results from uremic poisoning. The damaged kidneys are unable to excrete the body’s waste products and these build up in the blood stream to a lethal level.The first symptoms of poisoning are an increase in water consumption, followed by a sharp drop in the intake. About 4 hours before death, the birds cease to eat or drink and become listless and inactive. They perch with feathers ruffled, as in cold weather, and appear to doze. As death nears, breathing increases slightly inrate and becomes more difficult. The birds finally become comatose and die. There are no convulsions or spasms; consequently there are no distress calls or'spooking' to deter other birds from feeding. Poisoned birds are characterised by fluffed-out feathers and by tucking their feet inside the lower breast feathers.

Danger to Other Animals
    Although DRC 1339 is relatively non-toxic to most mammals and many bird species, poultry and game birds are susceptible to the poison and should be kept out of treated areas

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    on 01/02/2013 http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...854-3-Min-News makes mention of the birds as well in today's post.

Sooner or later, a massive number of fish dying and washing ashore from an ocean.
    Two weeks later, 01/16/2013

This round of dead fish isn't even a drop in the bucket.

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't a huge die-off of fish forecast in Jewish and Christian bibles.

Last edited by CasperParks; 01-18-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, isn't a huge die-off of fish forecast in Jewish and Christian bibles.
    New International Version (NIV)

Hosea 4:1-3

1. Hear the word of the Lord, you Israelites, because the Lord has a charge to bring against you who live in the land: “There is no faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgment of God in the land.
    2. There is only cursing, lying and murder, stealing and adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.
    3. Because of this the land dries up, and all who live in it waste away; the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the fish in the sea are swept away.

Zephaniah 1:3

3. “I will sweep away both man and beast; I will sweep away the birds in the sky and the fish in the sea — and the idols that cause the wicked to stumble.”
    “When I destroy all mankind on the face of the earth,” declares the Lord.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.