Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounded UFO? Security Camera Image.

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-scie...v-2440498.html

Apparently more has come along so perhaps there will be more yet to come. The above link must have had contact with the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I also notice that the image carries a date of the 5th July 2012, not 5th Jan 2013. A mistake by the article's author...? (Haven't tried JPEGsnoop yet, has anybody else..?)

Correct me if I am wrong... this was a single frame from a video?

If so, JPEGsnoop will not be of any value. We really need to see the video (if this is the case). My concern is we are being shown what the author wants us to see. A single frame from a video at night (in relative darkness) will tend to blur any moving object (depending on shutter speed) into something that appears very strange.

For example:

A passing helicopter with a spot light (and blinking lights).

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I also notice that the image carries a date of the 5th July 2012, not 5th Jan 2013. A mistake by the article's author...? (Haven't tried JPEGsnoop yet, has anybody else..?)
    The event happened on July 5, 2012. The owners of the camera filed a report with MUFON on January 5, 2013. They waited 6 months before filing the report.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

"Correct me if I am wrong... this was a single frame from a video?"

Exactly, this was from a video camera set up to catch those who were thought to be "stealing" oil from the location. In the link provided in an earlier post, discussion of what had been seen indicated that the "UFO" rose before disappearing from view, but the video was never posted.

(See posting by ProblemChild, #9, "Think this is the first postibg on the net:"
    http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pictu...camera-282404/)

Given that the poster's image was black and white and that now a color version has been posted that should indicate that there has been additional contact made with someone by the poster, but that contact is not being shared, nor are any additional frames, nor the complete video been posted to date.

Perhaps there was no stealing of oil but perhaps the "UFO" caused the equipment to shut down and the "loss' of oil was only presumptive as there was no record of oil being pumped. If "UFO"s can stop automobile engines, they might also stop oil pumps too.
    Last edited by majicbar; 01-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    Think this is the first postibg on the net:
    http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pictu...camera-282404/

OP says later in the thread that it lifted off. Still looks like a trailer of some sort with the wheels/xles obscured by the middle light.
    The thread above was started by user rever3nce on 10th of July 2012. Five days after it alledgedly happened.

"So my co-workers father has an oil rig out in Cotulla, TX; and has surveillance cameras set up throughout the perimeter and are also motion sensitive and will capture a photo if anything sets it off. Well this is what it snapped a picture of and I still can't find an explanation of what it is. What do ya'll think? "

He only ever posts the one video frame in black and white. He says that he will try to get more info and says that his co-worker has video and that the object moves vertically (no evidence of this is posted)

Further on in the thread he says that the co-workers father's company deletes the video to avoid any publicity. No names no packdrill.

I think the colour version comes from ATS where someone attempted to enhance the image.

I don't know who filed with MUFON.

Hope that clears thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... this was a single frame from a video?

If so, JPEGsnoop will not be of any value. We really need to see the video (if this is the case). My concern is we are being shown what the author wants us to see. A single frame from a video at night (in relative darkness) will tend to blur any moving object (depending on shutter speed) into something that appears very strange.
    Of course, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    The event happened on July 5, 2012. The owners of the camera filed a report with MUFON on January 5, 2013. They waited 6 months before filing the report.
    Thanks to you too, Lily! I misread the article...
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    The thread above was started by user rever3nce on 10th of July 2012. Five days after it alledgedly happened.

"So my co-workers father has an oil rig out in Cotulla, TX; and has surveillance cameras set up throughout the perimeter and are also motion sensitive and will capture a photo if anything sets it off. Well this is what it snapped a picture of and I still can't find an explanation of what it is. What do ya'll think? "

He only ever posts the one video frame in black and white. He says that he will try to get more info and says that his co-worker has video and that the object moves vertically (no evidence of this is posted)

Further on in the thread he says that the co-workers father's company deletes the video to avoid any publicity. No names no packdrill.

I think the colour version comes from ATS where someone attempted to enhance the image.

I don't know who filed with MUFON.

Hope that clears thing up.
    Nice job tracking down the original report, PC!

It's interesting to note that there were other UFO reports (and video) from the same area and timeframe. In my mind this slightly increases the possiblity that the security camera image shows something unusual.

Unfortuantely, given that the original thread died and no further images were forthcoming, and unless the person who recently reported to MUFON has anything extra, I doubt we will get any clear resolution to this case.

Still, those other reports make you wonder... Thanks for the feedback everybody!
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Marvin got it right, IMO

Since we know nothing about the camera model, it could very well be a classic case of long exposure effect.

I'm fairly confident that everyone remember the infamous "Popocatépetl Volcano" case that happened few month ago:

No, it wasn't a "giant cigar shaped UFO that flied into a volcano", but just a meteor shoot with a special surveillance camcorder that took 1s. shoots at a high light sensitivity.

Here's the comparative view of the volcano with the two pictures taken at the same time with two different cameras:

This effect is particularly spectacular with still photos:

Source

Source

Source

The last one is just an helicopter flying over the coast with its searchlight on, taken with a 10s. exposure.
    IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is now on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Here's how it works:

What our eyes see:

What the camera sees, with a long exposure:

So, for OP's photo, it could also be the case, with one or several trucks or car that slightly moved during the whole shoot exposure.
    Some will said: "What we see don't match at all the shape of a truck"...

My answer then is quite simple:

Does this looks like a helicopter?

No, and yet it is one!

Worth a look: Long Exposure Photography: 15 Stunning Examples
    IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is now on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Thanks to both 11a and marvin for your expertise and input, it's always appreciated!

I understand what you are both saying and wouldn't rule out a conventional explanation, such as a moving trailer, for this image under any circumstances. I was really hoping to see video footage or at least a series of image to help get a better understanding of what we are seeing here. Doesn't look like that is going to happen now, but I live in hope.

One thing I do notice is that the examples posted by both of you are extreme example of long exposure image distortion, what we see here obviously involves much less movement (if that's what we are looking at) as the three points of light are only slightly elongated. I was hoping to pin down the location via Google maps to see if there was any evidence of conventional object near the camera, but haven't had any look so far.