Page 293 of 295 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2948

Thread: What music are you listening to now...?

  1. #2921
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Nice one EPO. Don't recognize the fine classic music. Checked the "comments" for a clue, but they are all in Cyrillic (Russian?).
    Feeling a bit like a silly American, if it isn't in English... LoL.
    Any idea of the songs title/composer?
    Eric Radford (born January 27, 1985) is a Canadian pair skater. With partner Meagan Duhamel, he is a two-time world champion (2015, 2016), a 2018 Olympic gold medallist in the team event, a 2014 Olympic silver medallist in the team event, a 2018 Olympic bronze medallist in the pairs event, a two-time Four Continents champion (2013, 2015), the 2014–15 Grand Prix Final champion, and a seven-time Canadian national champion (2012–18).


    In addition to competing Radford also coaches and composes performance music for skating.

    Emotions on Ice, 28.12.2019, Chemnitz, Eric Radford plays on the piano,
    his own composition for Kamila Valieva.



    Eric Radford:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Radford

  2. #2922
    Jeff Lynne (ELO) was awarded Order of the British Empire.
    For article at Rolling Stone, click here.

    Electric Light Orchestra

    Don't Bring Me Down



    Turn to Stone



    All Over The World




    Livin' Thing

    Last edited by CasperParks; 10-18-2020 at 02:49 AM.

  3. #2923
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    19
    ELO was certainly a talented group. I've enjoyed their songs for many years.
    In one way they remind me of the Drone days, back at another forum.
    Had a co-researcher, with the handle of "10538".
    A fellow Californian, we actually met up and did UFOlogy field work together on a few cases.
    Used to call him "Numbers" for short.
    He was a true ELO fan, google "ELO 10538" for details.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  4. #2924
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    ELO was certainly a talented group. I've enjoyed their songs for many years.
    In one way they remind me of the Drone days, back at another forum.
    Had a co-researcher, with the handle of "10538".
    A fellow Californian, we actually met up and did UFOlogy field work together on a few cases.
    Used to call him "Numbers" for short.
    He was a true ELO fan, google "ELO 10538" for details.
    That was a cool song. Don't recall hearing it before.

  5. #2925
    Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1970, click here for Wikipedia link.

    Rare Earth made the list twice.

    Number eight: Get Ready



    Number fifty-five: I Know I'm Losing You

    Last edited by CasperParks; 10-19-2020 at 01:53 AM.

  6. #2926
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1970, click here for Wikipedia link.

    Rare Earth made the list twice.

    Number eight: Get Ready



    Number fifty-five: I Know I'm Losing You

    <SNIP VIDEO2>
    Wild eyed hairy guy banging on Bongos, bare chested keyboard player hammering on the keyboards, booming guitar chords and solid vocals.
    Now THAT is the great type of high energy shows I recall from the 1970s.
    ROCK ON!
    .

    That year had many quality choices. But these two are a good start.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  7. #2927
    Peter Frampton released a memoir "Do You Feel Like I Do", October 2020.

    Interview on CBS This Morning

    October 19th, 2020.

    Frampton Comes Alive was released in 1976.
    Two songs made the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1976.

    Baby, I Love Your Way

    Number 89 on Billboard year end hit singles, 1976

    "Show Me The Way"

    Number 50 on Billboard year end hit singles, 1976

    "Do You Feel Like We Do" (full version)

    Number 10 on Billboard, November 1976
    Last edited by CasperParks; 10-20-2020 at 01:23 AM.

  8. #2928
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Wild eyed hairy guy banging on Bongos, bare chested keyboard player hammering on the keyboards, booming guitar chords and solid vocals.
    Now THAT is the great type of high energy shows I recall from the 1970s.
    ROCK ON!
    .

    That year had many quality choices. But these two are a good start.
    So many great songs that year, it was difficult to decide what to post.

  9. #2929
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,653
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    So many great songs that year, it was difficult to decide what to post.
    1971 was my Frosh year of Hi-School, i have many favorites from that era.
    Remember pumping quarters into the local pool hall Juke Box to hear popular tunes while hustlings games with my pals; all the while scamming on Bettys.
    Here is one of my favs from that year.
    .
    FREE at Isle of Wright - All Right Now
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  10. #2930
    Tony Lewis passed away...
    21 December 1957 – 19 October 2020.
    He was a member of the band The Outfield

    Your Love

    US Hot 100 reached number 6.
    1986 US year end chart 62.

    All The Love In The World

    Reached 19 in US on Billboard.

    Since You've Been Gone



    Say It Isn't So

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •