Page 233 of 327 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3270

Thread: What music are you listening to now...?

Certainly didn't intend to intimidate ...It's really just a hobby for me.

No doubt my wife would 'jump for joy' if I gave it up as she hates the noise.

Many in my family dabbled in music, my late uncle was a professional drummer in the 60's & 70's - that's where I picked it up.

I had dreams of playing professionally once, long ago but chose a safer, mundane profession.

Etta James is a vast talent and one of my daughters favorites.

The 'Music Bug' has bitten her as well, she made and released her own album.

https://itun.es/us/aQ-sfb

Bookmarked that link. Very talented daughter and she's so pretty too! I can tell you're very proud of her. Thanks for sharing!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

That's very kind of you to say...

You're right, I am proud of her.

It's a really tough profession, she works crazy hours and never gets enough sleep.

If only I could get her to change her preference in men.

She likes the 'starving artist' type with the grungy looks and nothing but lint in their pockets.

Typical dad! ha, ha!
    You don't need to worry though because her talent is so compelling, she won't need a man to bring in the bacon.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

In the past, I've posted Dalton Cyr's music in this thread. Thought everyone would enjoy reading this update from him.

Dalton Cyr posted this on social media, 07/01/17:
    I just found out that #BREATHE has won Best Music Video in the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival. And, in the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival it also won Best Music Video, Best Filmmaker Under 18, & Best Original Song (Let It Go) - this is so awesome!! I'm so proud of Breathe, and I'm so proud of the people who made it possible. Especially Executive Producer Duane A. Sikes, Writer Sharon Y. Cobb, Director Andrew Wilkins, and my partner in crime Megan Brown, who were, and are, the lifeblood of Breathe. Thank you so much for taking the chance to create this with me. Let's see how far we can take this...
    Reading this news empowered a needed smile. I've followed Dalton's acting and music for a long time. It nice watching his success within a difficult industry. He had a major role in History of Radness pilot for Amazon, Disney's science fiction film Time Toys, cutting edge virtual reality film Mule and recurring role on ABC's Pretty Little Liars final season. The Breathe Trilogy was his baby, he created the concept and wrote it.

Dalton Cyr's trilogy "Breathe" was born from a concern of distracted driving...

Last edited by CasperParks; 07-01-2017 at 08:39 PM.

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Careful what you ask for....http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...1605#post51605

Looking forward to hearing calikid twinkling those ivories!
    Tickling the ivories?

Afraid any Conservatory recitals I may have had recorded was so long ago, the 8mm film has long since deteriorated.
    Nothing really to post. Had a few MP3s, will see if I can dig one up.
    Excerpts from "Linus and Lucy" by Vince Guaraldi, and "Take a Pebble" (solo part, about 2:30) by Keith Emerson are two I frequently enjoy playing.
    More recently, I've been working on "The Way It Is" by Bruce Hornsby.

Meanwhile, a pic of my Kurzweil Mark 10.
    Essentially all the electronics of the Kurzweil Grand$, in a smaller form factor.
    Sacrifices a bit in LOUDNESS with a lower watt sound system, but includes all the voices & features.

Note: Our own Garuda is also a keyboard player. Maybe he has film to share?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Tickling the ivories?

Afraid any Conservatory recitals I may have had recorded was so long ago, the 8mm film has long since deteriorated.
    Nothing really to post. Had a few MP3s, will see if I can dig one up.
    Excerpts from "Linus and Lucy" by Vince Guaraldi, and "Take a Pebble" (solo part, about 2:30) by Keith Emerson are two I frequently enjoy playing.
    More recently, I've been working on "The Way It Is" by Bruce Hornsby.

Meanwhile, a pic of my Kurzweil Mark 10.
    Essentially all the electronics of the Kurzweil Grand$, in a smaller form factor.
    Sacrifices a bit in LOUDNESS with a lower watt sound system, but includes all the voices & features.

Note: Our own Garuda is also a keyboard player. Maybe he has film to share?
    Haha! Yes, I meant tickling damn auto-correct got me (yet) again.

Nice Kurzweil! I'm sure that was a bit of an investment.

That's a lovely solo on "Take a Pebble", it sounds like a real challenge to play.

One of my favorite Keith Emerson tunes albeit from a soundtrack: https://youtu.be/EIKJFtuF6yc

With you & Garuda and me and A99, we're halfway there, we just need a guitar and bass.

A collaboration could even all be done via the web.

Sina feat. 14 y.o. Teen Guitar Sensation

Good find whoknows!

That's exactly the type of collaboration I was referring to.

Sina is quite a young talent; she did her own "Roundabout" Drum cover albeit with some short-cuts and a bit less elegance than the original.

Still an amazing skill level for someone so young.