Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Member with an interest in "The Aviary", FOIA documentation and other issues

Member with an interest in "The Aviary", FOIA documentation and other issues

I am a barrister in England with an interest in various issues relating to "UFO" reports. I've signed up to this forum mainly because I'm getting more involved in looking into "the Aviary" and related matters.

I use a pseudonym as I have no desire for colleagues or clients to know of my involvement (however slight) in discussion of matters relating to ufo reports.

I generally post any input I have on issues relating to ufo reports to one of several discussion Lists and forums.

When introducing myself, I'd generally post two or three links to material I've posted elsewhere so people can have a glance at some of my work and see the type of issues that interest me and my approach to those issues. However, I'm not sure or not whether posting links to other forums would be frowned upon here.

All the best,

Isaac

Hi, Isaac, and welcome. We have a dedicated thread where you can post links to other forums. There are some limits and suggestions posted there.

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...7556#post17556

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKoi View Post
    I am a barrister in England with an interest in various issues relating to "UFO" reports. I've signed up to this forum mainly because I'm getting more involved in looking into "the Aviary" and related matters.

I use a pseudonym as I have no desire for colleagues or clients to know of my involvement (however slight) in discussion of matters relating to ufo reports.

I generally post any input I have on issues relating to ufo reports to one of several discussion Lists and forums.

When introducing myself, I'd generally post two or three links to material I've posted elsewhere so people can have a glance at some of my work and see the type of issues that interest me and my approach to those issues. However, I'm not sure or not whether posting links to other forums would be frowned upon here.

All the best,

Isaac
    Hi Isaac,

Welcome aboard!

Well, the Aviary definitely is something we're interested in, here, so we're looking forward to your contributions.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Isaac,

Look forward to interacting with you.

Welcome to the forms.

Thanks for the welcome. See you around the Forum.

Welcome Isaac,

Have followed your work for a long time. Think I graduated Erewhon a bit later than you but Mr Butler was still there teaching Geography.
    Last edited by ProblemChild; 02-11-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: fists of ham

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hi, Isaac, and welcome. We have a dedicated thread where you can post links to other forums. There are some limits and suggestions posted there.

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...7556#post17556
    Thanks Doc. Just to clarify, is it okay to:
    (1) Post a thread about a collection of searchable FBI documents about UFOs that I've uploaded to a free file storage website, giving a link to the relevant directory of files on that free file storage website?
    (2) When posting that thread, post a link to a summary of the documents I've posted on another UFO forum? I don't particularly want to repost a lengthy summary I've posted on another forum (because I presume that I'd have to reformat it) but I'm VERY hesitant about posting links to anything I've posted on another forum in case my post is viewed as spam and/or annoys anyone here.

At the moment, I'd guess that (1) is okay but that I should avoid (2) so I'll probably just post a very brief thread giving the link to the collection of searchable documents.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKoi View Post
    Thanks Doc. Just to clarify, is it okay to:
    (1) Post a thread about a collection of searchable FBI documents about UFOs that I've uploaded to a free file storage website, giving a link to the relevant directory of files on that free file storage website?
    (2) When posting that thread, post a link to a summary of the documents I've posted on another UFO forum? I don't particularly want to repost a lengthy summary I've posted on another forum (because I presume that I'd have to reformat it) but I'm VERY hesitant about posting links to anything I've posted on another forum in case my post is viewed as spam and/or annoys anyone here.

At the moment, I'd guess that (1) is okay but that I should avoid (2) so I'll probably just post a very brief thread giving the link to the collection of searchable documents.
    Regarding (2) we don't mind a link to another forum in that situation...but as a practical matter your thread here would have greater impact if you reposted at least excerpts from your summary here. New topics or complex topics always do better when the material is all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Regarding (2) we don't mind a link to another forum in that situation
    That's good. I'm now rather careful about posting links when I join a new forum as I don't want to annoy anyone.

...but as a practical matter your thread here would have greater impact if you reposted at least excerpts from your summary here. New topics or complex topics always do better when the material is all in one place.
    Understood. I've just posted (subject to moderators approval) an outline and excerpts from my item on FBI files together a few document images extracted from that post. (I tried to include a few more, but got an error message indicating a limit of 5 images in a post).