Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Member with an interest in "The Aviary", FOIA documentation and other issues

Quote Originally Posted by L-W View Post
    What is 'the Aviary'?
    Well, that is sort of the million dollar question.

"The Aviary" is a bunch of people given bird names (e.g. "Falcon") by ufo researcher William Moore, including the infamous Richard Doty.

"The Aviary" has been described by author Jon King as "a kind of latter-day Majestic-12 working group" (in his book "Cosmic Top Secret" (1998) at pages 72, 74 (in the chapter entitled "Document 03", "File 08") of the NEL paperback edition), but other researchers have suggested "The Aviary" was basically just a group of people (several of whom had jobs in the military/intelligence sphere) with an interest in UFO research.

So, there is quite a wide range of opinions as to the answer to your question "What is 'the Aviary'?"...

Quote Originally Posted by L-W View Post
    What is 'the Aviary'?
    You can read more about the Aviary here:

http://www.think-aboutit.com/ufo/aviary.htm

A few paragraphs down there is a list of the Aviary members. This article is one person's view of the situation and others would have a different take on it. There is much more out there and I promise you it is fascinating stuff. There were some very high-powered players in that group, not just talkers but people who got out there and put resources, and some of them, careers on the line. Just as an example, Ernie Kellerstrass "Hawk", definitely was a real insider at the operational level who knew 'where and what' about a lot of UFO-related history either because he was there or because he got it from people he knew who were there.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKoi View Post

"The Aviary" is a bunch of people given bird names (e.g. "Falcon") by ufo researcher William Moore, including the infamous Richard Doty.

"The Aviary" has been described by author Jon King as "a kind of latter-day Majestic-12 working group" (in his book "Cosmic Top Secret" (1998) at pages 72, 74 (in the chapter entitled "Document 03", "File 08") of the NEL paperback edition), but other researchers have suggested "The Aviary" was basically just a group of people (several of whom had jobs in the military/intelligence sphere) with an interest in UFO research.

So, there is quite a wide range of opinions as to the answer to your question "What is 'the Aviary'?"...
    Isaac, are you aware of the documentry Miragemen?

http://www.miragemen.com/

I really like one of the first statements in the clip "truth or lies, what is the purpose?"

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKoi View Post

In the new book by Grant Cameron and T. Scott Crain, "UFOs, Area 51, and Government Informats" the complex story of the "Aviary" is laid out and it is quite complex. The overall thrust of the book seems to be that the CIA and the group known by MJ-12, or whatever it really is, own the UFO secrecy and the Aviary seems to be either an attempt by the CIA to spread a partial disclosure, or a schism within the group as to what should be done and the Aviary is acting as whistle-blowers. The complexity comes in that at times individuals going by the name Falcon seem to be several individuals, but the true identity of Falcon was CIA agent Harry Rositzke. Even those who were in contact with the Aviary seem to not know the whole story and certainly are not in a position to help us understand what they truly represent. It is clear that Moore was a CIA asset and that Shandera was an agent, and as the story developed both were CIA assets doing the CIA's bidding disseminating "information" (and disinformation) from the "Aviary".

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    Isaac, are you aware of the documentry Miragemen?

http://www.miragemen.com/
    Hi ProblemChild,

Yes, I've been looking forward to it for quite a while. I saw clips of the footage at Mark Pilkington's book launch party back in July 2010.

Last I heard, he was hoping to show the documentary at film festivals this year. I'll email Mark for an update.
    Last edited by IsaacKoi; 02-13-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    In the new book by Grant Cameron and T. Scott Crain, "UFOs, Area 51, and Government Informats" the complex story of the "Aviary" is laid out and it is quite complex.
    Ah, a book touching on the Aviary that I don't own.

Well, we can't have that, can we?

I've just placed an order, so I'll add this book to my reading list for the weekend.

Thanks for bringing the book to my attention.

the true identity of Falcon was CIA agent Harry Rositzke.
    I think that's fairly controversial. Lots of different candidates have been put forward for the true Falcon.

"Lots of different candidates have been put forward for the true Falcon."

And thus the idea that perhaps the Falcon is more than one person. If in actual operation as the book indicates there were multiple actors who stood in for the Falcon, like Doty, then Falcon might have represented a CIA operative who was acting on behalf of the group controlling the UFO information. Really, you will enjoy the book if you have a library of UFO books, I was surprised how extensive CIA involvement was/is.

I'm now reading "A.D. After Disclosure" by Richard m Dolan and Bryce Zabel. The premise of the book is the probable course of events following a forced disclosure, whether by incident, or design, of the "Others", beyond the control of the group, or CIA. Given that so many other countries have released massive files on UFOs, I have to wonder if the intent isn't to lessen the impact of such a forced disclosure, and if the other countries are just ahead of us in realizing the impact of the cover-up.

Really, you will enjoy the book if you have a library of UFO books, I was surprised how extensive CIA involvement was/is.
    I've received my copy of Grant Cameron's new/revised book "UFOs, Area 51 and Government Informants". I should finish later today. I'd like to thank you for the recommendation Majicbar.

As you anticipated, I've enjoyed reading the book.

However, unless a lot of information and supporting evidence is revealed in the last few pages of the book that I've got left to read later today, I fear that the book has probably left me with more questions than answers!

Mmm. I really should finish writing up my notes for a long item about "Astronomers & UFOs" that I've been working on for ages, but the issues relating to the CIA/NSA/Aviary are currently looking more interesting than the task of sitting down to tidy up my notes on previous research...

"Lots of different candidates have been put forward for the true Falcon."

And thus the idea that perhaps the Falcon is more than one person. If in actual operation as the book indicates there were multiple actors who stood in for the Falcon, like Doty, then Falcon might have represented a CIA operative who was acting on behalf of the group controlling the UFO information. Really, you will enjoy the book if you have a library of UFO books, I was surprised how extensive CIA involvement was/is.

I'm now reading "A.D. After Disclosure" by Richard m Dolan and Bryce Zabel. The premise of the book is the probable course of events following a forced disclosure, whether by incident, or design, of the "Others", beyond the control of the group, or CIA. Given that so many other countries have released massive files on UFOs, I have to wonder if the intent isn't to lessen the impact of such a forced disclosure, and if the other countries are just ahead of us in realizing the impact of the cover-up.
    One of the reasons for the Disclosure Lite compromise, we are told, is that the power players on both the pro- and anti- sides of Disclosure recognize that a "forced disclosure" could come at any time. They reason that the only chance they may have to control the flow and the timing of Disclosure is initiate it themselves at a much reduced and filtered rate of release.