Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello im new to this !

hello im new to this !

hello everyone ...just trying to figure out how to learn about this site and navigate it ...im a bit slow in understanding this technology still...it will take me a while...so if anyone can give me any tips i would be very gratfull to learn.....if i can join what is talked about it would be nice...im living on my boat in sausalito california...i was in the us airforce in montana and alaska and japan and south east asia i am now a ships engineer on a research ship...... im not sure what is a tag...maybe someone will let me know

You could try after you sign in, click on "new Posts" right under "what's New" across the top area. That's how i see what folks have posted since i was on last. You can start threads also to ask questions or your thought's on thing's. You can Subcribe to threads to so you can get email's when someone posts on that thread too. Look around and have fun. Welcome to The Outpost Forum

earthman

Welcome, Shemya. You can join in any conversation that interests you. Tags are topics or categories. You probably won't have much to do with tags right away. Post any question you have related to how the forum works and someone will answer it as soon as it is seen.

Quote Originally Posted by shemya View Post
    hello everyone ...just trying to figure out how to learn about this site and navigate it ...im a bit slow in understanding this technology still...it will take me a while...so if anyone can give me any tips i would be very gratfull to learn.....if i can join what is talked about it would be nice...im living on my boat in sausalito california...i was in the us airforce in montana and alaska and japan and south east asia i am now a ships engineer on a research ship...... im not sure what is a tag...maybe someone will let me know
    Hi Shemya!

Welcome aboard - no pun intended!

If you have any specific problems / questions, just ask any of the staff (or you can even ask the question here in this thread).

Tags are key words that you can - but don't have to - assign to a thread/discussion you're starting.
    That way, if anybody uses the search facility to find information on a specific topic, it's easy to find the threads / discussions that deal with that topic.

If you want to add tags, you just type them in, and separate them with a comma. E.g., if you'd want to start a thread on aliens bodies recovered at Roswell, you could add the following tags: Roswell, alien bodies
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Welcome, Shemya. You can join in any conversation that interests you. Tags are topics or categories. You probably won't have much to do with tags right away. Post any question you have related to how the forum works and someone will answer it as soon as it is seen.

Looks like we replied at the same time!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Looks like we replied at the same time!
    You explained tags better than I.

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    You could try after you sign in, click on "new Posts" right under "what's New" across the top area. That's how i see what folks have posted since i was on last. You can start threads also to ask questions or your thought's on thing's. You can Subcribe to threads to so you can get email's when someone posts on that thread too. Look around and have fun. Welcome to The Outpost Forum

earthman
    thankyou so much for your reply earthman it is nice to be welcomed i learned from you how to get this far already. i hope i can talk about things

Shemya,

Welcome to the forms, as well...

thankyou is this the place you put what you have to say here...im still trying to find the right place and how to put for everybody if they want to see it

Quote Originally Posted by shemya View Post
    thankyou is this the place you put what you have to say here...im still trying to find the right place and how to put for everybody if they want to see it
    You can add it to a suitable existing thread (conversation) or use the Post New Thread function at the upper left inside each category to start a topic of your own.